Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Swapping or switching 2 lines using sed Post 302247117 by summer_cherry on Wednesday 15th of October 2008 03:07:22 AM
Old 10-15-2008
hi

I think below perl script can help you a little.

Code:
$file=shift;
$l1=shift;
$l2=shift;
open FH,"<$file";
while(<FH>){
	$arr[$.]=$_;
}
close FH;
for($i=1;$i<=$#arr;$i++){
	if($i==$l1){
		print $arr[$l2];
	}
	else{
		if ($i==$l2){
			print $arr[$l1];
		}
		else{
			print $arr[$i];
		}
	}
}

Below sed script can not adress your question flexbily, but should throw some light on that.
Code:

Code:

Code:
sed -n '/5/ !{
p
}
/5/ {
h
n
G
x
n
G
p
}'

Last edited by summer_cherry; 10-15-2008 at 04:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping lines beginning with certain words using sed/awk

I have a large file which reads like this: fixed-address 192.168.6.6 { hardware ethernet 00:22:64:5b:db:b1; host X; } fixed-address 192.168.6.7 { hardware ethernet 00:22:64:5b:db:b3; host Y; } fixed-address 192.168.6.8 { hardware ethernet 00:22:64:5b:db:b4; host A; }... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

swapping lines that match a condition using sed, perl or the like

I'm a bit new to regex and sed/perl stuff, so I would like to ask for some advice. I have tried several variations of scripts I've found on the net, but can't seem to get them to work out just right. I have a file with the following information... # Host 1 host 45583 { filename... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBigAmbulance
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: switching lines and concatenating lines?

Hello, I have only recently begun with awk and need to write this: I have an input consisting of a couple of letters, a space and a number followed by various other characters: fiRcQ 9( ) klsRo 9( ) pause fiRcQ 9( ) pause klsRo continue 1 aPLnJ 62( ) fiRcQ continue 5 ... and so on I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borghal
7 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Swapping Fields with Sed

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: The assignment is to convert a text table to csv format. I've got the cleaning up done, but I need to swap two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VoiceInADesert
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping three lines

I have some text: <date>some_date</date> <text>some_text</text> <name>some_name<name> and I want to transform it to smthng like that: some_name on some_date: some_text I've tried sed: sed 's/<text>\(.*\)<\/text> <name>\(.*\)<\/name>/\2 - \1/' but it says unterminated... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsjkvf
13 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching lines

Hi I'm quite new with linux. Very simple, I need to swap every 2 lines in a file. Example INPUT: a a a b b b x x x y y y s s s t t t OUTPUT: b b b a a a y y y x x x t t t (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hernand
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK swapping fields on different lines

Hi All, Sorry if this question has been posted elsewhere, but I'm hoping someone can help me! Bit of an AWK newbie here, but I'm learning (slowly!) I'm trying to cobble a script together that will save me time (is there any other kind?), to swap two fields (one containing whitespace), with... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bravestarr
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh sed - Extract specific lines with mulitple occurance of interesting lines

Data file example I look for primary and * to isolate the interesting slot number. slot=`sed '/^primary$/,/\*/!d' filename | tail -1 | sed s'/*//' | awk '{print $1" "$2}'` Now I want to get the Touch line for only the associate slot number, in this case, because the asterisk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping the 1st 4 lines only

How can you swap the first 4 line only, the rest will stay the same. thanks #!/bin/sh line=4 awk -v var="$line" 'NR==var { s=$0 getline;s=$0"\n"s getline;print;print s next }1' fileko.tx . desired output: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Swapping lines

Hi there, I have a text that I'm trying to format into something more readable. However, I'm stuck in the last step. I've searched and tried things over the internet with no avail. OS: Mac After parsing the original text that I won't put here, I managed to get something like this, but this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kibou
8 Replies
dtc_setup_vps_disks(8)					      System Manager's Manual					    dtc_setup_vps_disks(8)

NAME
dtc_setup_disk - setup LVM disks for using it as a VM SYNOPSIS
dtc_setup_vps_disk.sh VPS_NUMBER HDD_SIZE SWAP_SIZE [ lvm|loopback ] DESCRIPTION
dtc_setup_vps_disk.sh This shell script is a part of the dtc-xen package that is to be used by the dtc panel to manage a Xen VPS server. This script is used to create partitions to be used by a VPS later on. It will create a normal partition that will be used as a root disk, and a swap partition. dtc_setup_disk is to be used by the dtc-xen SOAP server, but can also be used as a standalone userland tool. If the partition(s) exists, then this script will delete it/them first. OPTIONS
VPS_NUMBER has to be a number between 01 and 19. Let's say the number is 16, and that dtc-xen is configured to use the volume group called lvm1, then this script will create /dev/lvm1/xen16 and /dev/lvm1/xen16swap. HDD_SIZE Size in MB of the VPS partition to create. SWAP_SIZE Size in MB of the VPS swap partition to create. If the dtc-xen SOAP server is used to create the VPS, then it will create a swap partition of the exact same size as the memory. IMAGE_TYPE This parameter can have 2 values: either lvm or loopback. If ommited, then lvm is used. If lvm is used, then this script will create a partition using lvmcreate, otherwise it will create an image file. Both will later be used for the VPS. EXAMPLE
dtc_setup_vps_disk 04 15360 256 lvm This will create 2 LVM partition to be used by the VPS named xen04, the first one being a root partition of 15 GB, and the second one being a swap partition of 256 MB. VERSION
This documentation describes dtc_setup_vps_disk version 0.3.15. See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. SEE ALSO
dtc_reinstall_os(8), dtc_kill_vps_disk(8) dtc_setup_vps_disks(8)