Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script for archive purge Post 302246400 by regnumber on Monday 13th of October 2008 02:43:07 PM
Old 10-13-2008
shell script for archive purge

I am writing a shell script for Archive Purge for the table having rows < 1 year. The shell script has to extract the rows from the table and write those extracted rows to a text file. Then from the text file, each rows will be read and deleted by means of delete query one by one. The fields will be defined by means of position.

For Eg. ZB_RCVBL_TRACKER consists of the fields as follows.
PCN, ACCNO, TRANCD, AMOUNT, LOB_TIMESTAMP
After the rows are extracted and written in to a text file. I need to get the fields PCN, ACCNO, TRANCD, LOB_TIMESTAMP from the text file and pass those values to the query

DELETE FROM ZB_RCVBL_TRACKER where PCN = ? and ACCNO=? and TRANCD = ? and LOB_TIMESTAMP = ?

If the SQLCODE is 0, I can proceed furthur.

Can anyone help me to achieve this task.

Code:
==================================
#! /bin/ksh
############################
#   AFI Monitor Script
############################

. /db2/uszlad48/sqllib/db2profile
export mondir=/home/bmwdev1/script/krishna
export monlog=$mondir/Error_Report_`date +%Y%m%d`.log

export bakdir=/home/bmwdev1/script/krishna/bkup
export baklog=$bakdir/Error_Report_`date +%Y%m%d`_bkup.log

# connect to DB
#echo "connect to database r2pdev" >>$monlog

# extract the eligible rows from the table
db2 "SELECT * FROM ZB_RCVBL_TRACKER WHERE TIMESTAMP_UPDATED < (SYSDATE - 1 YEAR)WITH UR"  >> $monlog
echo "After SQL execution" >> $monlog
==================================

Krishnakanth

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file then purge or archive.

Hi All, I have a root directory /tmp and I want to purge files or archive files in its subsequent subfolders.I listed the path of files I want to purge(archive) and the #of days. (purge) DAYS PATH 7 /tmp/arsenal/* 5 /tmp/chelsea/* (archive? the same as above but different folders... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayarsenal
15 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generic Shell Script to Archive a file

Would appreciate if any one can paste a generic schell script to archive a file with date stamp by passing the file with fullpath as parameter For Eg. /apps/scripts/Archive_File.sh /data_home/project_home/file.txt this should place the file in the following directory ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mak1600
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to archive and purge

Hi, I am writing a shell script for archive data from a table. The design is as follows. Step 1: Execute the select query and extract the data into a text file. Step 2: The primary key for this table is TRACKING_NUM, TRACKING_NUM_SUFFIX, TIMESTAMP_UPDATED. So These three fields will be read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for primary and standby DB archive log check

Hi All, OS:AIX 5.3 64 bits I would like the below script to send alert mail with the message - "Standby logs falling behind Primary" to xyz@yahoo.com Script ===== #!/usr/bin/ksh #----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Use SQL*Plus to query... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to check the files hourly and purge

I'm new to shell scripting... i have been given a task.. can any one help in this regard.... 1) Check hourly for files in <destination-path><destination-file-template><destination-file-suffix> for files older than <destination-file-retention> days and purge. It should then check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp, archive, email and delete from shell script

Hello, I found the forum’s information very helpful and informative. I am relatively new to UNIX programming. I am researching how to write a UNIX shell script to ftp all files from specific host folder to a client server. Also need to archive all transferred files, send a message (email) if any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lenora2009
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Purge files and archive

Hi Friends, I have an urgent requirement. I have many files huge in size which has occupied almost the entire disk space. The files are not being moved to the archived folder. But at present I need to purge those files, new to shell scripting, not sure how to proceed. Eg. Directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: unx100
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive shell script

Hi, I'm new to Unix shell scripting and my first task is proving to be tricky. Please help where you can with pointers, tips, or examples of script. I'm self learning from the internet. I need to archive off files to another write protected directory according to the file names. ex.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorses
0 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Archive and purge the log file

Hi Unix Experts, I am new in this filed. I have assignment to Archive and purge the log file using shell scripts I tried I could not get the result please help me this. Ex: test.log requirement : using shell script I need to archive the log file and nil and the content of (test.log)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johney1981
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies
PG_COPY_FROM(3) 														   PG_COPY_FROM(3)

pg_copy_from - Insert records into a table from an array

SYNOPSIS
bool pg_copy_from (resource $connection, string $table_name, array $rows, [string $delimiter], [string $null_as]) DESCRIPTION
pg_copy_from(3) inserts records into a table from $rows. It issues a COPY FROM SQL command internally to insert records. PARAMETERS
o $connection - PostgreSQL database connection resource. o $table_name - Name of the table into which to copy the $rows. o $rows - An array of data to be copied into $table_name. Each value in $rows becomes a row in $table_name. Each value in $rows should be a delimited string of the values to insert into each field. Values should be linefeed terminated. o $delimiter - The token that separates values for each field in each element of $rows. Default is TAB. o $null_as - How SQL NULL values are represented in the $rows. Default is N ("\N"). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 pg_copy_from(3) example <?php $db = pg_connect("dbname=publisher") or die("Could not connect"); $rows = pg_copy_to($db, $table_name); pg_query($db, "DELETE FROM $table_name"); pg_copy_from($db, $table_name, $rows); ?> SEE ALSO
pg_copy_to(3). PHP Documentation Group PG_COPY_FROM(3)