Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can I identify the last saved log? Post 302246330 by gugs on Monday 13th of October 2008 10:52:01 AM
Old 10-13-2008
otheus there was no reason why I could not use:

ls -1t $dir >temp.txt
sed -n "/$NEXT/{p;q}" temp.txt

I don't even know why I didn't think of it! One of those days.

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO HELPED, GREATLY APPRECIATED. I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD WITHOUT THE HELP.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

only root's crontab gets not saved

Hi, Something funny is happening over here: when a regular user edits his cron-file (crontab -e) saves and exits vi the correct new cron-file gets installed and saved to disk. But if root does the same, vi saves it but if I then check the cron-file it has the previous contents! I did strace (==... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flok
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo file not saved

Hi all, I have edited my sudoers file. I am using visudo command I have added the following lines and saved the file. I am saving the lines as :wq But I am very amazed to see that these lines are not written in the sudoers file. I have retried the above process many times, when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Asteroid
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can STDERR be saved to a variable

Guys i'm trying to save STDERR to a variable for a portion of my ksh script on solaris. I know i can create redirects to files as such: exec 4>/tmp/lava print "This will be saved to /tmp/lava and not screen"; >&4 print "This will be seen on screen" >&2 I want to save the STDOUT of a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lavascript
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Bluefish: where are the preferences saved?

I have just tried out Bluefish as an alternative to my regular text editor. If I save the modified preferences and reboot, the preferences have to be reentered again. Does anyone know which file the preferences are saved in? The command find / -mmin -5 | grep bluefish yields zero hits. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where alias saved?

step 1 # alias alias cp='cp -i' alias l.='ls -d .* --color=tty' alias ll='ls -l --color=tty' alias ls='ls --color=tty' alias mv='mv -i' alias rm='rm -i' alias which='alias | /usr/bin/which --tty-only --read-alias --show-dot --show-tilde' step 2 # cat ~/.bashrc # .bashrc (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cqlouis
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify log files based on time stamp,zip and then copy..HELP

Hi All, PFB is a requirement. I am new to shell scripting. So plz help. It would be highly appreciated. 1. choose all the log files based on a particular date (files location is '/test/domain')--i.e,we should choose all the files that are modified on 29th November, neither 28th nor 30th 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skdas_niladri
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Not getting Saved

Hi , Script File Is Not Getting Saved This Are The Steps I Am Following For Saving And Executing A Script 1). vi ( To Open Vi Editor ) 2). vi filename ( vi firstprog.ksh) #!bin\kash date 3) !wq :( Saving And Quit) When I Am Saving The Scrpit I Am Getting The Below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Squares in saved code

can you help i am merging 2 files together and saving to a third file with awk and its working with this code awk 'OFS="";NR==FNR{a=$0;next} {print a,"\n","\b",$0}' file1 file2 > file3the problem is in file3 when its saved i get a small square at the start of every 2nd line (see picture) ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bob123
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cannot access saved file

This may be wrong place to ask. I am currently modifying "stock" configuration file and making slow progress. Run into a snag - twice so far. I can work on the project switching from editing to run all day long, no issue. Next day i cannot access the file to run it. The file... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)