Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can users be notified of the disk failures. Post 302246290 by danmero on Monday 13th of October 2008 08:47:57 AM
Old 10-13-2008
Yep, look for smartctl

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Core dump failures

Does anyone have a list of error codes when core dumps fail? What is error 4? I also have another box that does error-2 occasionally. if anyone has a list of these error codes, it would be appreciated, thanks! I have the error below: NOTICE: core_log: ns-admin core dump failed,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check top 5 biggest disk space users

Hi all, I am needing a bash shell script to generate a list of the top 5 users using the most disk space. I am thinking that the du command would be used somehow but I am at a loss. Can anyone help? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sytemx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display login failures

How to display failled login in a file. i.e when there occurs a login failure,the login failed date and time should be printed in that file.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravind007
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Prediction of failures

Any diagnostic tool to do predictive check on all the SUN hard disks before it fails, as a preventive measure? Meaning, is there any tool that can really check for hdd which are failing/or "will fail soon" for Sun servers? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
12 Replies

6. Programming

Getting notified in user-space on interrupts

Hi, I'm working on an AMD opteron running Linux 2.6.28.6 I want to preload a module specific register (MSR) with a value to have it overflow after a number of a specific event counts. As I understand, when the counter in the register overflows, an interrupt will be generated and handled by the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mylinuxforums
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for monitoring disk failures

Hi , Does anyone have a script for monitoring disk failures on a Solaris 10/11 box? Need one today ASAP, thnks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

11.0 to 11.2 update failures

Attempting to update an 11.0 server with many non-global zones installed. pkg publisher is pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support. FMRI = pkg://solaris/entire@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.1.15.0.4.0:20131230T203500Z When we run pkg update --accept the server contacts oracle, checks packages, finds about 700... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CptCarrot
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Pkgadd failures with Solaris 11

I have some simple package installations that have worked in previous versions of Solaris just fine. I can install the packages, then install newer versions right over the top without error. In previous versions I had to specify the -G option during the installation in order for this to work. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondog25
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get notified when screenshots are taken?

Hi, I use third-party softwares but like to get notified when screenshots, if any, are taken. Any hints on how to achieve it? Thanks, Riku Linux 3.19.0-56-generic #62~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 11 11:03:15 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rikuito
3 Replies