Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can users be notified of the disk failures. Post 302246251 by nua7 on Monday 13th of October 2008 07:05:36 AM
Old 10-13-2008
Can users be notified of the disk failures.

Hi All,
Just wanted to know if there is any way by which users can be notified about the failures in disks on Red Hat linux systems.

Thanks for all the help!!

nua7

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Core dump failures

Does anyone have a list of error codes when core dumps fail? What is error 4? I also have another box that does error-2 occasionally. if anyone has a list of these error codes, it would be appreciated, thanks! I have the error below: NOTICE: core_log: ns-admin core dump failed,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check top 5 biggest disk space users

Hi all, I am needing a bash shell script to generate a list of the top 5 users using the most disk space. I am thinking that the du command would be used somehow but I am at a loss. Can anyone help? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sytemx
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display login failures

How to display failled login in a file. i.e when there occurs a login failure,the login failed date and time should be printed in that file.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravind007
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Prediction of failures

Any diagnostic tool to do predictive check on all the SUN hard disks before it fails, as a preventive measure? Meaning, is there any tool that can really check for hdd which are failing/or "will fail soon" for Sun servers? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
12 Replies

6. Programming

Getting notified in user-space on interrupts

Hi, I'm working on an AMD opteron running Linux 2.6.28.6 I want to preload a module specific register (MSR) with a value to have it overflow after a number of a specific event counts. As I understand, when the counter in the register overflows, an interrupt will be generated and handled by the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mylinuxforums
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for monitoring disk failures

Hi , Does anyone have a script for monitoring disk failures on a Solaris 10/11 box? Need one today ASAP, thnks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walnutpony123
2 Replies

8. Solaris

11.0 to 11.2 update failures

Attempting to update an 11.0 server with many non-global zones installed. pkg publisher is pkg.oracle.com/solaris/support. FMRI = pkg://solaris/entire@0.5.11,5.11-0.175.1.15.0.4.0:20131230T203500Z When we run pkg update --accept the server contacts oracle, checks packages, finds about 700... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CptCarrot
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Pkgadd failures with Solaris 11

I have some simple package installations that have worked in previous versions of Solaris just fine. I can install the packages, then install newer versions right over the top without error. In previous versions I had to specify the -G option during the installation in order for this to work. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moondog25
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get notified when screenshots are taken?

Hi, I use third-party softwares but like to get notified when screenshots, if any, are taken. Any hints on how to achieve it? Thanks, Riku Linux 3.19.0-56-generic #62~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 11 11:03:15 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rikuito
3 Replies
vxsplitlines(1M)														  vxsplitlines(1M)

NAME
vxsplitlines - show disks with conflicting configuration copies in a cluster SYNOPSIS
vxsplitlines [-g diskgroup] [-c daname] DESCRIPTION
If you import portions of a disk group on different systems, this can lead to conflicting configuration copies on the disks of the disk group. If the configuration information in a disk group is ambiguous, it may not be possible for Veritas Volume Manager to determine which config- uration copy is most up-to-date. (This is usually termed a serial split brain (SSB) condition when it occurs in a cluster.) You cannot import a disk group in this state unless you specify which disk's configuration copy to use. You can use the vxsplitlines command to see which disks in a disk group have conflicting configuration copies, and use this information together with your knowledge of the history of the disk groups' usage to determine which configuration copy is most valid. The output from vxsplitlines displays the vxdg commands that you can run to import the disk group using the available configuration copies. The -o selectcp option of the vxdg import command is used to select the configuration copy to use for the import. OPTIONS
-c daname Display the SSB IDs for each disk that are stored in the configuration copy on the disk specified by its disk access name. Note: Although the SSB IDs for some disks may match, this does not necessarily mean that those disks' configuration copies have recorded all the configuration changes. When viewed from some other configuration copies, the SSB IDs of the same disks may not match. -g diskgroup Specifies the disk group. If a disk group is not specified, the default disk group is used as determined from the rules on the vxdg(1M) manual page. EXAMPLES
Display the disks on each side of the split in the disk group newdg: vxsplitlines -g newdg Display the SSB IDs stored in the configuration copy on disk c2t4d0: vxsplitlines -g newdg -c c2t4d0 NOTES
The vxsplitlines is primarily intended to be used with private disk groups, but it also works with shared disk groups. The version number of the disk group must be 110 or greater. SEE ALSO
vxdg(1M) Veritas Volume Manager Administrator's Guide VxVM 5.0.31.1 24 Mar 2008 vxsplitlines(1M)