Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: help with syslog error
Operating Systems HP-UX help with syslog error Post 302246224 by vbe on Monday 13th of October 2008 05:39:09 AM
Old 10-13-2008
That is not much help for us...
From that we could guess FC driver/port/adapter issue perhaps...

What was above and what follows in the log?
Did they do what was suggested " Execute the following command to obtain event details..."
And what did they see?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

syslog error

I checked my syslog for errors and the error I got was alert;kern.err;daemon.err I know the error deals with the daemon but I don't know exactly what it means. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Explorer causing syslog error

Hi there, I have upgraded my explorer (SUNWexplo) on a solaris 10 Sparc box from version 3.4 to the latest version (5.5) . However im a little concerned, whenever I run the new explorer either manually or scheduled, I get a syslog event as follows 1 in 0:08:31: Sep 22 17:00:15 fmy.machine.com... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
8 Replies

3. HP-UX

How to Redirect the error messages from Syslog file to our own Application Log File

Hello, I am New to Unix. I am Using HP-UX 9000 Series for my Application. I am Currently Facing an Issue that the error messages are being written in the syslog file instead of the Application Log File. The Codes for that Syslog.h is written in Pro*C. I want to know how to Redirect these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramaniam
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Getting error messages in syslog in HP-UX

Hi, I'm using HP-UX 11.11 on HP9000/800 PA-RISC system.I am getting the below messages daily in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file.Can someone help me out in this regard, why I am getting this messages & how to resolve it. I am using SSH version(HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.20.004) Messages: Nov 26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
2 Replies

5. Programming

error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before syslog

When I compile this i get the following error "error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before syslog" #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <errno.h> #define __LIBRARY__ #include <linux/unistd.h> /* define the system call, to override the library... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

7. Solaris

picld error in syslog

All, I'm getting the following error in syslog when picld starts up: Jul 22 13:07:15 adl0845 picld: ld.so.1: picld: fatal: libpri.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory And I look, and lo, there is no such file. Despite the word 'fatal', picld is still running. On other systems, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james.dean
2 Replies

8. AIX

Error messages in syslog

Hi, Can you please look into the below errors from syslog in AIX? And let me know is this a issue? How can I avoid these errors with out affecting my LPAR. Detail Data SYSLOG MESSAGE <27>Aug 23 08:24:28 syslog: slp: 0660-084 The SA failed to decode and compute received message:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies

10. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
scconf_transp_adap_sci(1M)				  System Administration Commands				scconf_transp_adap_sci(1M)

NAME
scconf_transp_adap_sci - configure the sci cluster transport adapter DESCRIPTION
Note - Beginning with the Sun Cluster 3.2 release, Sun Cluster software includes an object-oriented command set. Although Sun Cluster software still supports the original command set, Sun Cluster procedural documentation uses only the object-oriented command set. For more infor- mation about the object-oriented command set, see the Intro(1CL) man page. You can configure sci SCI-PCI adapters as cluster transport adapters. These adapters can be used with the dlpi transport type. The adapter name is sciN, for example, sci0. Do not use scidN as the adapter name. An sci adapter can only be connected to another sci adapter or to an SCI switch. When an sci adapter is connected to an SCI switch, it is important that you specify the correct port name when referring to a port on the switch as an endpoint argument to the scconf or scinstall utility. The port name must match the port number on the SCI switch (the number that is printed on the switch itself). Failure to give the correct port name could result in the operation failing. The result of providing an incorrect port name will be the same as you would see if the cable between the adapter and the switch were removed. There are no user-configurable properties for cluster transport adapters of this type. SEE ALSO
Intro(1CL), clinterconnect(1CL), clnode(1CL), scconf(1M), scconf_transp_jct_dolphinswitch(1M), scinstall(1M) Sun Cluster 3.2 4 May 2006 scconf_transp_adap_sci(1M)