Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need a little help with results from awk Post 302246222 by jlliagre on Monday 13th of October 2008 05:35:34 AM
Old 10-13-2008
Drop the "f":
Code:
ps -ef |awk '{print $9}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk | stop after specified number of results

I am searching some rather large text files using grep and or awk. What I would like to know is if there is a way (either with grep, awk, or realy any other unix tool) to stop the search when a predifined number of results are returned. I would like to do this for speed purpuses. When i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: evan108
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specific Length awk Results

I am awk-ing a line, and only want to get the results of the five chrs. following my field seperator. the line of prose is: Unit=01982 (PICO RIVERA) Unit=I1001 (INTERMOUNTAIN AREA) Unit=E1000 (INTERMOUNTAIN WEST DIVISION) failing in using an awk of: awk -F= '/Unit/{print $2 length(5)}'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gozer13
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

store awk results in a variable

I try to get the month (of last save) and the filename into a variable, is this possible ? something like this : for month in `ls -la | awk '{print $6}'` do if ] then a=filename of the matching file cp $a /Sep fi thanks, Steffen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forever_49ers
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wierd results with awk

Hey, I'm trying to use awk for some simple file manipulations but i'm getting soem wierd results. So i want to open up a file which looks like this: @relation 'autoMpg' @attribute a numeric @attribute b numeric @attribute c numeric @data -1.170815,0.257522,0.016416... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatheny
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK - no search results

Hi all, I'm new to awk and I'm experiencing syntax error that I don't know how to resolve. Hopefully some experts in this forum can help me out. I created an awk file that look like this: $ cat myawk.awk BEGIN { VAR1=PATTERN1 VAR2=PATTERN2 } /VAR1/ { flag=1 } /VAR2/ { flag=0 } {... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk18
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of AWK Results

In the following line The AWK statement parses through a listing for files and outputs the results using the {print} command to the screen. Is there a way to (a) send the output to a file and (b) actually perform a cp cmd to copy the listed files to another directory? ls | awk -va=$a -vb=$b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdburg
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through awk results

I have files structured in stanzas, whose title is '', and the rest couples of 'id: value'. I need to find text within the title and return the whole stanzas that match the title. The following works: awk 'BEGIN{RS="";IGNORECASE=1}/^\/' myfileI would need to count all of the occurences, though,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hermes14
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Substitute from awk results

Hi, The following awk command : asmcmd lsdg | awk '{print $13;}' | grep -i ${SID} return the following output . An Empty line + two lines contain "/" at the end of the line INDEVDATA/ INDEVFRA/ I need to remove the "/" as well as the empty line. Please advise Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoav
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing certain lines from results - awk

im using the code below to monitor a file: gawk '{ a += gsub("(^| )accepted( |$)", "&") a += gsub("(^| )open database( |$)", "&") } END { for (i in a) printf("%s=%s\n", i, a) }' /var/log/syslog the code is searching the syslog file for the string "accepted" and "open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse snmp results

i run the command snmptable -v2c -c public myIP IF-MIB::ifTable the result look like this : SNMP table: IF-MIB::ifTable ifIndex ifDescr ifType ifMtu ifSpeed ifPhysAddress ifAdminStatus ifOperStatus 1 Unit: 1 Slot: 0 Port: 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
7 Replies
IOK(1)							      General Commands Manual							    IOK(1)

NAME
iok- Indic Onscreen Keyboard SYNOPSIS
iok [-a] [-h] [-d 1] [-n LANGCODE] DESCRIPTION
Indic Onscreen Keyboard currently shows Inscript and Inscript2 keymaps for 22 official Indian languages. The languages are Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kokani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu. The iok application runs in default and advanced mode. In default mode, iok starts by loading Inscript2 keymap of the current locale. If keymap is not installed or available then iok shows keymap list in the default mode. User can then select any keymap from keymap list if he want to write using it. In the advanced mode, iok allows to open non-supported keymaps. If keymap can be parsed by iok then it will be showed in iok UI other- wise it will show error message that iok can't load this keymap. Advanced mode also allows to create custom keymap by either swapping or re-assigning character mappings in the existing loaded keymap in iok. Another feature iok supports is Drag and Drop. This will allow user to swap character mappings using mouse. The keymap list shows Inscript and Inscript2 keymaps from location /usr/share/m17n and ~/.m17n.d path. To start iok in normal mode from console, use following command iok To start iok in advanced mode from console, use following command iok -a To start iok in any supported Inscript2 keymap (say in Marathi) use following command iok -n mr As Inscript2 keymap naming also uses language script code for some languages, command to open those keymaps is like this iok -n pa-guru where pa is a isocode name for the Punjabi language and guru is a language script code name in which keymap is written. To use Drag and Drop feature of iok, start iok from console as iok -d 1 The Draft version of Inscript2 keymaps are available at https://fedorahosted.org/inscript2/ This project is available at http://fedorahosted.org/iok/ or http://iok.sourceforge.net OPTIONS
-a It shows the menus and combo box in iok UI -h It show the help -d 1 This will enable Drag and Drop feature only for the single iok invocation. Otherwise iok has disabled Drag and Drop by default. -n LANGCODE In the place of LANGCODE,you need to specify a particular language code. Shows iok UI for that particular language. This will also requires language script code. e.g. for Bodo, Dogri, Kokani, Nepali, Sindhi use its langcode and "-deva" as a language script code. To start iok using Kokani keymap, run "iok -n kok-deva" AUTHOR
Suji A <suji87.msc@gmail.com> , Parag <pnemade@fedoraproject.org> March 12, 2012 IOK(1)