Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Install application on UNIX cluster Post 302245607 by vbe on Friday 10th of October 2008 01:04:08 PM
Old 10-10-2008
Im afraid it will be difficult to help you here, since its difficult to understand what you are up to and not knowing your environment:
1) Is this a MC/serviceguard cluster?
If so, what is the job scheduling master server?
( ? I remember of package running on a node...)
2) If not what do you call HPUX clustered environment (could it be GRID?)
In which case (grid) I will be of no help but with your extra information
maybe someone reading now could...

Good luck

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo: application install question

I need to install an application on my Sun station and need root privleges to do so. I was given sudo privileges and was told to issue the following command. bash-2.03$ sudo init 0 I've read the man pages for init and understand the purpose of that command. My questions are: 1. From the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forbin24
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install new certificate(s) in a unix cluster - is restart needed?

Dear All.......... if anyone can help me with a problem i'm facing :(.......i will be really grateful!!!:) If i install a new certificate in a cluster (2 machines) should it be restarted the whole cluster? A separate restart per server is it enough? My main query is if a restart is needed? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unbalanced
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Can I Install the Gani Network Driver Using the Application that Came on the CD?

When I boot up the Solaris 10 5/09 install CD and select 'Solaris' from the GRUB menu that comes up, a menu loads. Option 5 is 'Apply Driver Updates'. Can I install the Gani driver using that? I tried using the tar file (the way it came) that I wrote to a floppy but when I asked it to look at the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Application install

Hi, I am currently installing an application (tar ball) on a server that involves ftp from my computer to the server directory (unix). Once it is deployed, I am now responsible to getting it to run. Using putty, i telnet/ssh to the remote node and type in the following command: vi .kshrc. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: huge_ness
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation basic and Core cluster solaris 10 release 7 install

After much hitting my head to the wall with this meesages root@crasher /workzone/dvd4_sfb-sol_x64]#./installer -verbose -installonly 5.0MP3 Installation Program Copyright (c) 2008 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristezo2k
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to add node to the cluster with stoping the application?

In the production hacmp 5.3 is running with three nodes but i want to add new node to cluster with out stopping the application ie with same resource group if any bady know pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath.m
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Install Hangs

Greetings Forumers! I tried installing Solaris Cluster 3.3 today. I should say I tried configuring the Cluster today. The software is already installed on two systems. I am trying to configure a shared filesystem between two 6320 Blades. I selected the "Custom" install because the "Typical"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cluster a custom application

Hi guys. I have a custom application which is written by java. I want to know is it possible to cluster this application by pacemaker. For example copy this application in two different nodes and setup a cluster by pacemaker. In one time only one application work and when primary node goes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
8 Replies

9. Solaris

It is possible to install Solaris Cluster on ESXI host ?

I try many time to install and configure Solaris Cluster on ESXI, but i received the same transport error between. When i set manuel private (net1,net2) ip config i have ping between nodes. --node1 net0 - public net1 - private net2 - private --node2 net0 - public net1 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
mkqdisk(8)						      Quorum Disk Management							mkqdisk(8)

NAME
mkqdisk - Cluster Quorum Disk Utility WARNING
Use of this command can cause the cluster to malfunction. SYNOPSIS
mkqdisk [-?|-h] | [-L] | [-f label] [-c device -l label] [-d [-d ...]] DESCRIPTION
The mkqdisk command is used to create a new quorum disk or display existing quorum disks accessible from a given cluster node. OPTIONS
-c device -l label Initialize a new cluster quorum disk. This will destroy all data on the given device. If a cluster is currently using that device as a quorum disk, the entire cluster will malfunction. Do not run this on an active cluster when qdiskd is running. Only one device on the SAN should ever have the given label; using multiple different devices is currently not supported (it is expected a RAID array is used for quorum disk redundancy). The label can be any textual string up to 127 characters - and is therefore enough space to hold a UUID created with uuidgen(1). -f label Find the cluster quorum disk with the given label and display information about it. -L Display information on all accessible cluster quorum disks. -d Increase debugging level. Specify multiple times for more information. Currently, specifying more than twice has no effect. SEE ALSO
qdisk(5), qdiskd(8), uuidgen(1) July 2006 mkqdisk(8)