Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help: find and modified files script Post 302245548 by cfajohnson on Friday 10th of October 2008 10:18:11 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunicon
cfajohnson i tried running ur script too ..it ran perfectly fine it solved first part of desired result which i wanted ...but the thing is .i ran your script , it was asking for a input from the user ...after that the script exited and returned nothing..as in the script ran it asked me to enter the name of the directory i wanted to find the modified files in ..then the output was blank

The script I posted stores the result in a variable so that you can work with it.

If you want to display the result, add a printf statement to do so.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

find files modified in a specific month

hello i need a way to list files modified in a specific month and move them to a specific directry , i mean somthing like : find . -modifiedtime "May" -print -exec /usr/bin/mv newdirectory thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omer_ome
1 Replies

2. Solaris

hello i need a way to list files modified in a specific month and move them to a specific directry , i mean somthing like : find . -modifiedtime "May" -print -exec /usr/bin/mv newdirectory thank u (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find out 2 last modified files in a folder..PLZ HELP!!!!!!!!!

hi all, I need to find out the last 2 modified files in a folder.There is some way by which,we can check the timestamp and find out..??please help this is urgent. Thanks in Advance Anju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anju
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files modified more than a day

Hi All, I am using the below command to check the files modified within last 24hours find /home/karthik -mtime -1 -type f -exec ls -l {} \; What parameter do i need to add in the above command to check the files modified in last 2 or 3 days Kindly let me know if any other alternative... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find the modified files before 60 mins?

hi, I need to find all the modified files before 60 minutes in a folder. Is that possible to find using mtime in minutes? Suggestions please. Thanks for looking into it... Geetha (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find last modified date for many files

Hello all - I've looked and have not been able to find a "find" command that will list the last modified date of files within a specific directory and its subdirectories. If anyone knows of such a command it would be very much appreciated! If possible, I would like to sort this output and have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelH3947
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find files modified by hours instead of minutes

Is there an easy way to find files modified by hours? If you wanted to find something modified by like 28 hours then I know you could do this: find . -mmin -1440It is pain to break out a calculator and calculate in minutes. Could you do something similar to this? I know I don't have the right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find list of files modified for a given day ?

find list of files modified for a given day ? if i have 10 files in my directory, i have modified only 5 ... how to display only modified files ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: only4satish
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files modified in previous minute only

Hi, How can I get files which are modified only in last minute ? it should not display 2 minutes back filels -la -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 51 Dec 3 09:22 a.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stiser st 50 Dec 3 09:25 b.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 53 Dec 3 09:33 c.csv When I run command at 9:34am then I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD