Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Problem in instaling package SUNWman Post 302245546 by incredible on Friday 10th of October 2008 10:17:51 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Another way you could have done that is by copying the package to some other location then installing the package. rather than adding the package from the cd/dvd directly.

Last edited by incredible; 10-10-2008 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: wrong spelling

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Instaling JVM

Hi Everyone I`ve just started with unix can some please help me execute this command via webmin on avirtual server or how do you execute such .bin file this is the error ./j2sdk-1_3_1_15-linux-i586.bin: not found > ls -l total 69124 -rw------- 1 root wheel 8380 May 15 18:01... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: J.Carlos MC05
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem Instaling Solaris

hi I was trying to install Solaris on my PC. when i selected Auto Ejaection of cd & auto reboot.....then it displayed that u will need to manually eject current disk, & Select an appropriate boot media to avoid installation process again.. then after selecting appropriate options, the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Problem with solaris 10 installation package

Hi, I want to install man pages package from solaris 10. Solaris 10 has already been installed on my servor but I have to add the man pages packages. I search for a long time on internet this package but I didn't find a compatible one... So I downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun site to get this... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
12 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing SUNWman in Solaris 10 *Help!*

Hi there, I have a somewhat...interesting problem. I am doing a course at my local TAFE that has a UNIX Fundamentals component. Long story short, for our lab/prac work, our teacher created a custom-made Solaris 10 Virtual PC image. Works fine, not an issue. Except....he forgot to install... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eliminatrix
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

problem with Dependencies package !

Dear Friends , I am using RHEL 5 server . In Linux when I am going to install 'mod_ssl' rpm then I got the following error : # rpm -ivh mod_ssl-2.2.3-6.el5.i386.rpm --aid --force warning: mod_ssl-2.2.3-6.el5.i386.rpm: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 37017186 error: Failed... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem while installing WAS ND package

Hi everyone, Hope u doing good. I am trying to installl WebSphere Application Server(WAS) ND package, i got problem at initial level I hope, the problem is with Mozilla browzer. Can anyone trobleshoot the problem An error occurred while starting the launchpad for a WebSphere Application ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarfraz
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem with TCL package

Following error encountered while executing characterizationEngine.tcl :confused::confused: $ ./characterizationEngine.tcl Tcl Client is running Ixia Software version: 5.60 Can't find tclx.tcl in the following directories: /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3 /usr/lib/tclX8.3... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
0 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem when trying to remove a package using rpm command - error: package is not installed

Hello, i have installed a package by using the command sudo rpm -i filepackage.rpm package filepackage is already installed when i try to remove it, i get an error saying "is not installed": sudo rpm -e filepackage.rpm error: package filepackage is not installed How can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_p
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

faceing problem when i try to install any package!

Hello, When i try to install any package,the following appears: # yum install yum Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit, rhnplugin This system is not registered with RHN. RHN support will be disabled. Setting up Install Process Nothing to do # plz guide me asap! ---------- Post... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedamer12
1 Replies

10. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Error in virtualbox while instaling guest additions

Failed to open the CD/DVD image /usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso. Could not get the storage format of the medium '/usr/lib/virtualbox/additions/VBoxGuestAdditions.iso' (VERR_NOT_SUPPORTED). Result Code: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR (0x80BB0005) Component: Medium Interface: IMedium... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
9 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)