Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP files are not moving/copying Post 302245439 by zaxxon on Friday 10th of October 2008 06:25:34 AM
Old 10-10-2008
What error do you get?

This looks strange to wrong:
Quote:
TODAYS_FILE=&DAY.&HR.&MIN.&SEC
This will not be substituted to any usable by the ksh or bash. Maybe you use the date command like:
Code:
TODAYS_FILE=`date +%d.%H.%M.%S`

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

copying/moving partition

I have a slice on a 72GB hard drive like this (example): /dev/dsk/c0t1d0s0 51424287 51009 50859036 1% /usr/stuff that I need to copy or move to a slice on a MUCH larger slice like this: /dev/dsk/c0t2d0s6 70592505 570236 69316344 1% /usr/newstuff What is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: antalexi
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving a file to a new folder and automated ftp

how to move a file to a different folder after an automated FTP . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dineshr85
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying & moving en masse

I'm new to UNIX and have got some of the basics down, but I've got a puzzle I'm having difficulty working out. :confused: Scenario: Have FILE_A.JPG in DIR_A Need to copy FILE_A 200 times and rename it 200 different names. List of 200 names in NAME_FILE.TXT After renaming 200 files,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anekab
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files from UNIX to windows using FTP

Hi, I want to transfer the approx 10k files available on UNIX Server to Windows Server using FTP Command. is it possible? how ? Thanks in advance. Sachin. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssachins
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving/copying files in a numerical order

Hi I am newbie to unix scripting, but i have enough knowledge to understand. I have a specific questions like, I use to collect like 3500 files per experiment, each one named like data_001.img.. data_002.img data_003.img .... data_3500.img I would like to move every 12 files in the 3500... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wpat
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in perl; moving or copying the variables

Hi All, I have a perl script blc.pl; i have five variables a,b,c,d and e in this script. Now I want to copy the values of these variables into a data file,say abc.dat.. Can anybody please tell me how to do this? Any help is appreciated.. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetkanchi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[HELP] Scripts moving aging file by FTP

Hi Experts, Kindly share scripts to find aging file and ftp to another server.. Example: Find files more than 5 days and ftp to another server. Please give suggestion :) Thanks Edy (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving or copying first rows and last rows into another file

Hi I would like to move the first 1000 rows of my file into an output file and then move the last 1000 rows into another output file. Any help would be great Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying, renaming the file ftp it from windows to Linux

Hello my dear friends, Two file are auto generated from mon - fri at different directories on same windows box.Every day i have to copy the file, rename it (specific name)and ftp it to linux box specified directory. is it possible to automate this process,If yes this has to be done from windows... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umesh yadav
1 Replies
PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)

NAME
PPI::Token::QuoteLike - Quote-like operator abstract base class INHERITANCE
PPI::Token::QuoteLike isa PPI::Token isa PPI::Element DESCRIPTION
The "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" class is never instantiated, and simply provides a common abstract base class for the five quote-like operator classes. In PPI, a "quote-like" is the set of quote-like things that exclude the string quotes and regular expressions. The subclasses of "PPI::Token::QuoteLike" are: qw{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Words `` - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Backtick qx{} - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Command qr// - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Regexp <FOO> - PPI::Token::QuoteLike::Readline The names are hopefully obvious enough not to have to explain what each class is. See their pages for more details. You may note that the backtick and command quote-like are treated separately, even though they do the same thing. This is intentional, as the inherit from and are processed by two different parts of the PPI's quote engine. SUPPORT
See the support section in the main module. AUTHOR
Adam Kennedy <adamk@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2001 - 2011 Adam Kennedy. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.18.2 2011-02-25 PPI::Token::QuoteLike(3)