Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting search a word and delete consecutive lines below it Post 302245345 by zaxxon on Friday 10th of October 2008 01:48:18 AM
Old 10-10-2008
Code:
sed '/^Selected active/ { N;N;N;N;d }' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

search 2 lines and delete above line

Hi, I've been searching in this forum for the last 4 hours trying to do one thing: search 2 lines and delete the above line. So far I have not be able to find something similar in this forum, so I need help. This is what I'm trying to do. For example, I have a file called file1: file1 word1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamushamu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete lines containing a specific word in afile

Hi, Please suggest how to write a shell script which delets all the lines containing the word unix in the files supplied as argument in the shell. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sireesha9
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete all lines before a specific word?

Let's say we have a file containing: alllllsadfsdasdf qwdDDDaassss ccxxcxc#2222 dssSSSSddDDDD D1Sqn2NYOHgTI Hello Alex ssS@3 Ok, and let's say we want to delete all words from D1Sqn2NYOHgTI and back, this means to delete the words (and the lines of them) : alllllsadfsdasdf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete two consecutive lines from the file

Hi guys I am deleting a unique line from the file and also need to remove the line above it which is NOT unique and servers as a record separator. Here is an example: # 101 803E 823F 8240 # 102 755f 4F2A 4F2B # 290 747D 0926 0927 # 999 8123 813E ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search the word to be deleted and delete lines above this word starting from P1 to P3

Hi, I have to search a word in a text file and then I have to delete lines above from the word searched . For eg suppose the file is like this: Records P1 10,23423432 ,77:1 ,234:2 P2 10,9089004 ,77:1 ,234:2 ,87:123 ,9898:2 P3 456456 P1 :123,456456546 P2 abc:324234 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace, when found, delete multiple lines, add new set of lines?

hey guys, I tried searching but most 'search and replace' questions are related to one liners. Say I have a file to be replaced that has the following: $ cat testing.txt TESTING AAA BBB CCC DDD EEE FFF GGG HHH ENDTESTING This is the input file: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeuceLee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and delete the lines in a file

HI group members I am new in unix I want to search # symbol in a file. if found need to delete the entire row in the file. need to move the actual data(with out # symbol data) to another file. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmreddy
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete 26 consecutive lines in a file

I have a text file that is about 90,000 lines long. How would I delete lines 64-89, 152-177, 240-265, 328-353... etc? The sections I would like to delete are 26 lines long and the number of lines between the sections I would like to delete is 62 lines. Thanks very much in advance. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MDeBiasse
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete lines with a word and their above lines

Hi, i have a file like this: A1 kdfjdljfdkljfdlf A2 lfjdlfkjddkjf A3 ***no hit*** A4 ldjfldjfdk A5 ***no hit*** A6 jldfjdlfjdlkfjd I want to remove the lines "***no hit*** and their above line to get an output file like this: (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all CONSECUTIVE text lines from file shell scripting

Hi I have a text file like below. THe content of the text will vary. Entire text file have four consecutive lines followed with blank line. I want to delete the occurrence of the two consicutive lines in the text file. I don't have pattern to match and delete. Just i need to delete all... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJSKR28
5 Replies
TTX2XGF(1)						      General Commands Manual							TTX2XGF(1)

NAME
ttx2xgf - extracts instructions from a TTX file and creates an Xgridfit program. SYNOPSIS
ttx2xgf [options] infile[.ttx] [outfile] DESCRIPTION
ttx2xgf is a utility that extracts instructions (hints) and other information relating to instructions from a TTX file (an XML representa- tion of a TrueType font) and creates a new Xgridfit program. If infile lacks the .ttx extension, it is assumed. If outfile is not given, output is written to infile.xgf. OPTIONS
--config Path to a configuration file (relative paths are permitted). If this is not given, ttx2xgf will look first for a file config.xml in the current directory, next in the user's Xgridfit configuration directory, and finally in the Xgridfit base directory. -e Display diagnostic messages (for debugging). -E, --elapsed-time Time the running of this program and display the result. --processor=libxslt|lxml|xsltproc|saxon-6|saxon-9|xalan-j|xalan-c|4xslt Select a preferred XSLT processsor; ttx2xgf will use this one if possible. FILES
/usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/convert-ttx.xsl An XSLT script that performs the initial conversion. /usr/share/xml/xgridfit/util/convert-asm.sed A Sed script that completes the conversion. SEE ALSO
xgridfit(1), xgfconfig(1), ttx(1) AUTHOR
ttx2xgf was written by Peter Baker <psb6m@virginia.edu>. This manual page was written by Peter Baker 2009-12-18 TTX2XGF(1)