Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: negate search help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting negate search help Post 302245269 by radoulov on Thursday 9th of October 2008 05:22:53 PM
Old 10-09-2008
Code:
$ cat infile 
Paragraph1 contents: die1, die2, die3, pr_name1, pr_name2
pr_name3, pr_name4

Paragraph2 contents: die1, die2, die3, pr_name1, pr_name2
pr_name3, pr_name4

$ perl -00>outfile  -lne's/, /\n/g;print/((?:.*?\n*){4})$/' infile 
$ cat outfile 
pr_name1
pr_name2
pr_name3
pr_name4

pr_name1
pr_name2
pr_name3
pr_name4

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I negate a sed match

I have a text file that has links in it. I can write a match for sed to replace the link with anything. For example: http://www.google.com becomes XxX But what I'm after is not to replace the link with something but to remove everything else and just leave the link. I want a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muxman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

negate * with in pattren matching...

Hi Every one I have a file in the following manner... AAAAAA*PERFORM WRITEQ BBDFDD*PERFOMF WRITEQ FFFF *PERFOMF WRITEQ i want to find the lines which donot have * in 7th position.. I have tried this but some problem i think... grep '......*WRITEQ' INpFIle... any 6 chars not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to negate grep result?

Here is my script so far: set dirs = ` find . -name "message.jar" 2> /dev/null | cut -d "/" -f 2 ` | uniq foreach dir ( $dirs ) if (grep $dir/* someText==null) --> how do I write this in script? print $dir end end (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmdawg
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

negate search within sed

I working fine with following statement - sed '/search_pattern/ s/pattern1/pattern2/' file_name requirement changes , now i want negate the search something like - sed '! /search_pattern/ s/pattern1/pattern2/' file_name (this doesn't work) anybody can plz tell the correct syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkumar2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negate gawk search

Hi, I am using the under-noted script to search the "MYPATTERN" in MYFILE and print that block of lines containing the pattern starting with HEADER upto FOOTER. Please help me what to put in script to negate the search i.e. not to print those blocks meeting the search criteria. gawk -v... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanand420
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Regular Expression for Negate Matching String

Hi guys, as per subject I am having problem with regular expressions. Example, if i got a string "javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service" that may occurred anywhere within a text file. How can I used the negate pattern matching of regular expression? I tried the below pattern but it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negate alerting for particular metadevice.

Hi All... I have a script that checks for any problems(particularly looks for 'Needs Maintenance') with metadevices and alerts accordingly. This was not configured to alert for a particular metadevice. Now i want to negate alerting for a particular metadevice(say d40). Is this possible? I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
6 Replies

8. Web Development

Negate user space URL in Apache

Hello, I have a situation where I am trying to use Apache's RedirectMatch directive to redirect all users to a HTTPS URL except a single (Linux) user accessing there own webspace. I have found a piece of regular expression code that negates the username: ^((?!andy).)*$but when I try using it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LostInTheWoods
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to negate pattern within sed?

Example: I have data like, H|1|2|#||4|4|5|6 D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| T|g|g|G|G|g|g| T|g|g|G|G|g|g| I have to write command, it should delete all the lines except line starting with "D". I have tried sed '/^\(D\)|/!d'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duplicate
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the negate of decimal to binary?

Hi All, New to this forum (and yes , a newbie in programming..:p) I have a decimal to binary converter script done this way : i=$1 bit0=$(( (i & 0x01) > 0 )) bit1=$(( (i & 0x02) > 0 )) bit2=$(( (i & 0x04) > 0 )) bit3=$(( (i & 0x08) > 0 )) bit4=$((... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteltlc
6 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)

NAME
make_sockdfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/sockd.fc first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/sockd.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_sockdfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_sockdfc. FILES
/etc/sockd.fc, /etc/sockd.conf SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfc(8), sockd.conf(5), sockd.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@best.com or yingda@esd.sgi.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)