Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Install application on UNIX cluster Post 302245152 by vbe on Thursday 9th of October 2008 12:59:55 PM
Old 10-09-2008
I suppose you are talking of MC/ServiceGuard?
Or else?
Start by doing a little reading:
http://docs.hp.com/en/B3936-90065/ch03s01.html
http://docs.hp.com/en/255/haFAQindex2.html

Last edited by vbe; 10-09-2008 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: link added

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudo: application install question

I need to install an application on my Sun station and need root privleges to do so. I was given sudo privileges and was told to issue the following command. bash-2.03$ sudo init 0 I've read the man pages for init and understand the purpose of that command. My questions are: 1. From the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forbin24
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

install new certificate(s) in a unix cluster - is restart needed?

Dear All.......... if anyone can help me with a problem i'm facing :(.......i will be really grateful!!!:) If i install a new certificate in a cluster (2 machines) should it be restarted the whole cluster? A separate restart per server is it enough? My main query is if a restart is needed? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unbalanced
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Can I Install the Gani Network Driver Using the Application that Came on the CD?

When I boot up the Solaris 10 5/09 install CD and select 'Solaris' from the GRUB menu that comes up, a menu loads. Option 5 is 'Apply Driver Updates'. Can I install the Gani driver using that? I tried using the tar file (the way it came) that I wrote to a floppy but when I asked it to look at the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bradj47
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Application install

Hi, I am currently installing an application (tar ball) on a server that involves ftp from my computer to the server directory (unix). Once it is deployed, I am now responsible to getting it to run. Using putty, i telnet/ssh to the remote node and type in the following command: vi .kshrc. I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: huge_ness
5 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Veritas Storage Foundation basic and Core cluster solaris 10 release 7 install

After much hitting my head to the wall with this meesages root@crasher /workzone/dvd4_sfb-sol_x64]#./installer -verbose -installonly 5.0MP3 Installation Program Copyright (c) 2008 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved. Symantec, the Symantec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tristezo2k
1 Replies

6. AIX

How to add node to the cluster with stoping the application?

In the production hacmp 5.3 is running with three nodes but i want to add new node to cluster with out stopping the application ie with same resource group if any bady know pls help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manjunath.m
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Cluster Install Hangs

Greetings Forumers! I tried installing Solaris Cluster 3.3 today. I should say I tried configuring the Cluster today. The software is already installed on two systems. I am trying to configure a shared filesystem between two 6320 Blades. I selected the "Custom" install because the "Typical"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cluster a custom application

Hi guys. I have a custom application which is written by java. I want to know is it possible to cluster this application by pacemaker. For example copy this application in two different nodes and setup a cluster by pacemaker. In one time only one application work and when primary node goes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
8 Replies

9. Solaris

It is possible to install Solaris Cluster on ESXI host ?

I try many time to install and configure Solaris Cluster on ESXI, but i received the same transport error between. When i set manuel private (net1,net2) ip config i have ping between nodes. --node1 net0 - public net1 - private net2 - private --node2 net0 - public net1 -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
VOTEQUORUM_LEAVING(3)				    Corosync Cluster Engine Programmer's Manual 			     VOTEQUORUM_LEAVING(3)

NAME
votequorum_leaving - Tell other nodes that we are leaving the cluster SYNOPSIS
#include <corosync/votequorum.h> int votequorum_leaving(votequorum_handle_t handle); DESCRIPTION
The votequorum_leaving function is used to tell the other nodes in the cluster that this node is leaving. They will (when the node actually leaves) reduce quorum to keep the cluster running without this node. This function should only be called if it is known that the node is being shut down for a known reason and could be out of the cluster for an extended period of time. Normal behaviour is for the cluster to reduce the total number of votes, but NOT expected_votes when a node leave the cluster, so the clus- ter could become inquorate. This is correct behaviour and is ther eto prevent split-brain. Do NOT call this function unless you know what you are doing. RETURN VALUE
This call returns the CS_OK value if successful, otherwise an error is returned. ERRORS
The errors are undocumented. SEE ALSO
votequorum_overview(8), votequorum_initialize(3), votequorum_finalize(3), votequorum_dispatch(3), votequorum_fd_get(3), corosync Man Page 2009-01-26 VOTEQUORUM_LEAVING(3)