Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Help : while read loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need Help : while read loop Post 302244992 by Navatha on Thursday 9th of October 2008 05:43:00 AM
Old 10-09-2008
the func2 doesnt call any other script
it is a function defined in the same script ..
I tried placing wait command but it behaving the same way ...

I tried to print values (var11 n var22) but it is printing only 1st set of values
picked func2 and control passes to first while loop...

If I simply echoed values without passing to func2 all the set of values are printed ...

please help me out ....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

read inside a while loop

Hi all, In a while loop, like below... while read line do read choice case $choice in 1) echo "xxx" esac done < file why I can't run the read choice???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dta4316
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please explain read in a while loop

I have a script which tries to read input from a user for every value read from a file. The input file is #> more testfile TEST1 | D200 | 12345601 | | ABC company | m TEST2 | D201 | 12345602 | | ABC company | m The script test.sh is as follows while read line do read test?"Enter a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read line in a for loop

Hi All, How can we use read line using the index value of a FOR loop? eg: pt_mstr,pt_status,8 pt_mstr,pt_buyer,8 pt_mstr,pt_sfty_stk,8 pt_mstr,pt_ord_pol,3 pt_mstr,pt_capacity,8 pt_mstr,pt_plan_ord,3 pt_mstr,pt_ord_mult,8 From this file i want to read the line2, 3 and 4 only using a FOR... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balajim
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if elif loop with read

I am trying to setup an if, elif statement that is dependant on a variable. If the user does not enter a valid option I would like it to prompt them again and start the loop over. Here is what I have so far: echo -n "enter variable (a, b, or c): " read freq if ; then echo "a" elif ;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BStanley346
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with for loop with while read

Hello, The code below pulls printer information from a three-column file (set by the ${MULTIFILE} variable at the end), that has the printer queue name, IP, and type of printer. It is supposed to use this info to add the printers in the list to one, or more servers . The input file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxRacr
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep within while read loop

I have a key file $ cat klist 5 N:8855 CASA VERDE ROAD :32827 :ORLAND 5 N:585 MOLLY LANE :30189 :WOODST 5 N:320 NINA ROAD :32304 :TALLAH and a data file, see example of the line below: N:RT 15 & N 7TH STREET :17837 :U SAVE I need to search by key (2nd field) from klist... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

until loop and read

Hi guys what I wanna do is to create a script where can I input several times a file - assume with read function that will be inserted into a temp. file for further processing. When I press q I want that the loop will stop and continue in my script I typed this but the options q is not working... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kl1ngac1k
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read statement within while read loop

hi, this is my script #!/bin/ksh cat temp_file.dat | while read line do read test if ]; then break else echo "ERROR" fi done when i execute this code , the script does wait for the user input . it directly prints "ERROR" and terminates after the no. of times as there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva1612
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with while read loop

Hey all, Tried searching the forums but my search-fu may not be strong today; please feel free to redirect me if I have simply missed a post that would be helpful! Trying to create a while loop that reads a list of configuration files, checks for a line that starts with "SOME_CMD" and ends... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdwyer
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While read line loop

Based on text file: PATH:/media/hdd/Media/Video/title1 FILE:/media/cache/281662-14.jpg PATH:/media/hdd/Media/Video/title2 FILE:/media/cache/281662-15.jpg PATH:/media/hdd/Media/Video/title3 FILE:/media/cache/281662-16.jpg PATH:/media/hdd/Media/Video/title4 FILE:/media/cache/281662-17.jpg... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: TiedCone
12 Replies
MAKECONTEXT(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						    MAKECONTEXT(3)

NAME
makecontext, swapcontext - manipulate user context SYNOPSIS
#include <ucontext.h> void makecontext(ucontext_t *ucp, void (*func)(), int argc, ...); int swapcontext(ucontext_t *oucp, ucontext_t *ucp); DESCRIPTION
In a System V-like environment, one has the type ucontext_t defined in <ucontext.h> and the four functions getcontext(2), setcontext(2), makecontext() and swapcontext() that allow user-level context switching between multiple threads of control within a process. For the type and the first two functions, see getcontext(2). The makecontext() function modifies the context pointed to by ucp (which was obtained from a call to getcontext(2)). Before invoking make- context(), the caller must allocate a new stack for this context and assign its address to ucp->uc_stack, and define a successor context and assign its address to ucp->uc_link. When this context is later activated (using setcontext(2) or swapcontext()) the function func is called, and passed the series of integer (int) arguments that follow argc; the caller must specify the number of these arguments in argc. When this function returns, the successor context is activated. If the successor context pointer is NULL, the thread exits. The swapcontext() function saves the current context in the structure pointed to by oucp, and then activates the context pointed to by ucp. RETURN VALUE
When successful, swapcontext() does not return. (But we may return later, in case oucp is activated, in which case it looks like swapcon- text() returns 0.) On error, swapcontext() returns -1 and sets errno appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM Insufficient stack space left. VERSIONS
makecontext() and swapcontext() are provided in glibc since version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
SUSv2, POSIX.1-2001. POSIX.1-2008 removes the specifications of makecontext() and swapcontext(), citing portability issues, and recommend- ing that applications be rewritten to use POSIX threads instead. NOTES
The interpretation of ucp->uc_stack is just as in sigaltstack(2), namely, this struct contains the start and length of a memory area to be used as the stack, regardless of the direction of growth of the stack. Thus, it is not necessary for the user program to worry about this direction. On architectures where int and pointer types are the same size (e.g., x86-32, where both types are 32 bits), you may be able to get away with passing pointers as arguments to makecontext() following argc. However, doing this is not guaranteed to be portable, is undefined according to the standards, and won't work on architectures where pointers are larger than ints. Nevertheless, starting with version 2.8, glibc makes some changes to makecontext(3), to permit this on some 64-bit architectures (e.g., x86-64). EXAMPLE
The example program below demonstrates the use of getcontext(2), makecontext(), and swapcontext(). Running the program produces the fol- lowing output: $ ./a.out main: swapcontext(&uctx_main, &uctx_func2) func2: started func2: swapcontext(&uctx_func2, &uctx_func1) func1: started func1: swapcontext(&uctx_func1, &uctx_func2) func2: returning func1: returning main: exiting Program source #include <ucontext.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> static ucontext_t uctx_main, uctx_func1, uctx_func2; #define handle_error(msg) do { perror(msg); exit(EXIT_FAILURE); } while (0) static void func1(void) { printf("func1: started "); printf("func1: swapcontext(&uctx_func1, &uctx_func2) "); if (swapcontext(&uctx_func1, &uctx_func2) == -1) handle_error("swapcontext"); printf("func1: returning "); } static void func2(void) { printf("func2: started "); printf("func2: swapcontext(&uctx_func2, &uctx_func1) "); if (swapcontext(&uctx_func2, &uctx_func1) == -1) handle_error("swapcontext"); printf("func2: returning "); } int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { char func1_stack[16384]; char func2_stack[16384]; if (getcontext(&uctx_func1) == -1) handle_error("getcontext"); uctx_func1.uc_stack.ss_sp = func1_stack; uctx_func1.uc_stack.ss_size = sizeof(func1_stack); uctx_func1.uc_link = &uctx_main; makecontext(&uctx_func1, func1, 0); if (getcontext(&uctx_func2) == -1) handle_error("getcontext"); uctx_func2.uc_stack.ss_sp = func2_stack; uctx_func2.uc_stack.ss_size = sizeof(func2_stack); /* Successor context is f1(), unless argc > 1 */ uctx_func2.uc_link = (argc > 1) ? NULL : &uctx_func1; makecontext(&uctx_func2, func2, 0); printf("main: swapcontext(&uctx_main, &uctx_func2) "); if (swapcontext(&uctx_main, &uctx_func2) == -1) handle_error("swapcontext"); printf("main: exiting "); exit(EXIT_SUCCESS); } SEE ALSO
getcontext(2), sigaction(2), sigaltstack(2), sigprocmask(2), sigsetjmp(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2009-03-31 MAKECONTEXT(3)