Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: PLZ hellp me
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications PLZ hellp me Post 302244969 by insert on Thursday 9th of October 2008 04:27:07 AM
Old 10-09-2008
PLZ hellp me

Which are the best study of unix or linux
Regards

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Plz!

Ok, here's the deal. I'm running WinXp. I was merging two partitions using partition magic when I lost power to my box. I have very IMPORTANT data on one partition and the other is blank, hence the attempted merge. After the power loss, I booted my system up. Now, I was getting errors... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Silicon Demon
2 Replies

3. Programming

plz help

alright, i just got this assignment. since im very new to unix programming, i would like to have some ideas about it. honestly, i dont even know what the hell he is asking for. plz see the attached pdf and help me out. thank you :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

i need a hellp

hi well, i have a problem with my Linux Mandrake 10.2 it was like that i have a motorola fax modem and i get the rpm from motorola link and install it but my modem dosent work when i check hardwaredrake i find it in unknow device what i can do plzzz help :o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tony9002
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plz help

I am a newbie to Unix, I am using vi editor. I was able to print output to the screen using simple scripts. But when I tried a midlevel script I don't see anything on the screen and Cursor is just blinking when I type ./test11 filename. I have used chmod 755 also, but of no use. Any help would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
3 Replies

6. Solaris

plz hellp me

can i install the sun solaris on my pc for learning (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: insert
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

Apache w/ "Coverity Prevent" cannot start... please hellp!

Hi, I am trying to start the apache server on 11i for Coverity Prevent using following command: # cov-start-gui --datadir /qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0 cov-internal-httpd not running. For further information, see '/qa_home/coverity/data_dir-4.3.0/logs/error_log' # the error_log... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prits31
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PLZ help..!!

plz help me with this question : 1111 | aaaa | pppp | 23/9/87 3333 | dddd | oooo | 6/9/8 4444 | gggg | rrrr | 5/8/9 5555 | qqqq | eeee ans: 5555 | qqqq | eeee depending upon how many "|" are in the question be quick.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityamitra
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me

hi... i want to print the below format by using shell scripting...plz help me 1 1 2 1 2 3 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 5 Thanking u in advance... regards ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ram_pl
1 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. OPTIONS
-V, --version Output version information and exit. -h, --help Display help and exit. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek <poe@daimi.aau.dk> AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux August 2011 CTRLALTDEL(8)