Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris command to retrieve user information Post 302244905 by S_venkatesh on Thursday 9th of October 2008 02:17:16 AM
Old 10-09-2008
thank you kumarmani.

I have found all the fields by your idea

* authorization- cmd:auths username (or from etc/user_Attr)
* Profile - cmdSmilierofiles username (or from etc/user_Attr)
* role - cmd:roles username (or from etc/user_Attr)
* exipre(expiration date of login) -8th filed in etc/passwd
* inactive -7th filed in etc/passwd

thank you very much

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to retrieve the typed command

For examples, I have typed 4 commands in the command prompt: ls -la rm -rf /home/user1 du -k /home find . -name "abc.out" -print And now I want to retrieve the command which begin with letter "r" (i.e. rm -rf /home/user1), what can I do? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laum
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script pls( To retrieve database information)

KSH - Unix -AIX - db2 ************** Get the input from the user say '123' (It varies) Then i want to connect to a database say "D1" then i want th extract from the database by giving "select * from tablename where input = '123' I also want to connect to another database "D2" then i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rollthecoin
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve only the Use% value from df command

when I do a df -k for a particular mount i get the result like this Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/ 4128448 3527496 391240 91% / I need to extract the value 91 from this and use it in my script in an if condition. How will i do it Please advice. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: codeman007
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User cannot retrieve email once his /home directory was moved

Hi, We run an IMAP server at work. I had to move the home directory of one user to another partition. I updated his account in /etc/passwd. For some reason his Microsoft Outlook account cannot rertrieve his new emails. I check /var/spool/mail and his emails are there... Any advice? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a C program and retrieve information

Hi I have the following script: #!/bin/sh gcc -o program program.c ./program & PID=$! where i execute a C program and i get its pid. I want to retrieve information about this program (e.g memory consumption) using command top. So far i have: top -d 1.0 -p $PID But i dont know how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nteath
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clipboard retrieve/paste command

I mainly use Max/MSP for my audio programming, but today I am working on a project that requires the use of shell. Is it possible to do this? Retrieve the contents of the clipboard. Send a keystroke to an application without loosing focus, for example, I want to initiate a paste command (with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fhill2
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve information Text/Word from HTML code using awk/sed

awk/sed newbie here. I have a HTML file and from that file and I would like to retrieve a text word. <font face=arial size=-1><li><a href=/value_for_clients/Tokyo/abc_process.txt>abc</a> NDK Version: 4.0 </li> <font face=arial size=-1><li><a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk2code
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and retrieve information from file

Hello I just want to ask how to get the match of information column 2 file 1 and retrieve information from column 2 file 2. The column exon in file 1 and column color code in file 2. File 1 //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" "ENST00000595813" //NODECOLORCODE "Exon 1" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wan Fahmi
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris commands to retrieve chipset information

I need to know what are the commands in Solaris to retrieve the below information about the hardware platform. 1. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. Serial number of the work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies
rolemod(1M)                                               System Administration Commands                                               rolemod(1M)

NAME
rolemod - modify a role's login information on the system SYNOPSIS
rolemod [ -u uid [-o]] [-g group] [ -G group [ , group...]] [ -d dir [-m]] [-s shell] [-c comment] [-l new_name] [-f inactive] [-e expire] [-A authorization [, authorization]] [-P profile [, profile]] [-K key=value] role DESCRIPTION
The rolemod utility modifies a role's login information on the system. It changes the definition of the specified login and makes the appropriate login-related system file and file system changes. The system file entries created with this command have a limit of 512 characters per line. Specifying long arguments to several options may exceed this limit. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -A authorization One or more comma separated authorizations as deined in auth_attr(4). Only role with grant rights to the autho- rization can assign it to an account. This replaces any existing authorization setting. If no authorization list is specified, the existing setting is removed. -c comment Specify a comment string. comment can be any text string. It is generally a short description of the login, and is currently used as the field for the user's full name. This information is stored in the user's /etc/passwd entry. -d dir Specify the new home directory of the role. It defaults to base_dir/login, where base_dir is the base directory for new login home directories, and login is the new login. -e expire Specify the expiration date for a role. After this date, no role will be able to access this login. The expire option argument is a date entered using one of the date formats included in the template file /etc/datemsk. See getdate(3C). For example, you may enter 10/6/90 or October 6, 1990. A value of `` '' defeats the status of the expired date. -f inactive Specify the maximum number of days allowed between uses of a login ID before that login ID is declared invalid. Normal values are positive integers. A value of 0 defeats the status. -g group Specify an existing group's integer ID or character-string name. It redefines the role's primary group membership. -G group Specify an existing group's integer "ID" "," or character string name. It redefines the role's supplementary group membership. Duplicates between group with the -g and -G options are ignored. No more than NGROUPS_UMAX groups may be specified as defined in <param.h>. -K key=value Replace existing or add to a role's key=value pair attributes. Multiple -K options may be used to replace or add multiple key=value pairs. The generic -K option with the appropriate key may be used instead of the specific implied key options (-A and -P). See user_attr(4) for a list of valid key=value pairs. Keys may not be repeated. Specifying a key= without a value removes an existing key=value pair. The "type" key may only be specified without a value or with the "normal" value for this option. Specifying the "type" key without a value leaves the account as a normal user, with the "role" value changing from a role user to a normal user. -l new_logname Specify the new login name for the role. The new_logname argument is a string no more than eight bytes consisting of characters from the set of alphabetic characters, numeric characters, period (.), underline (_), and hypen (-). The first character should be alphabetic and the field should contain at least one lower case alphabetic character. A warning message will be written if these restrictions are not met. A future Solaris release may refuse to accept login fields that do not meet these requirements. The new_logname argument must contain at least one character and must not contain a colon (:) or NEWLINE ( ). -m Move the role's home directory to the new directory specified with the -d option. If the directory already exists, it must have permissions read/write/execute by group, where group is the role's primary group. -o This option allows the specified UID to be duplicated (non-unique). -P profile One or more comma-separated execution profiles defined in auth_attr(4). This replaces any existing profile set- ting. If no profile list is specified, the existing setting is removed. -s shell Specify the full pathname of the program that is used as the role's shell on login. The value of shell must be a valid executable file. -u uid Specify a new UID for the role. It must be a non-negative decimal integer less than MAXUID as defined in <param.h>. The UID associated with the role's home directory is not modified with this option; a role will not have access to their home directory until the UID is manually reassigned using chown(1). OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: login An existing login name to be modified. EXIT STATUS
In case of an error, rolemod prints an error message and exits with one of the following values: 2 The command syntax was invalid. A usage message for the rolemod command is displayed. 3 An invalid argument was provided to an option. 4 The uid given with the -u option is already in use. 5 The password files contain an error. pwconv(1M) can be used to correct possible errors. See passwd(4). 6 The login to be modified does not exist, the group does not exist, or the login shell does not exist. 8 The login to be modified is in use. 9 The new_logname is already in use. 10 Cannot update the /etc/group or /etc/user_attr file. Other update requests will be implemented. 11 Insufficient space to move the home directory (-m option). Other update requests will be implemented. 12 Unable to complete the move of the home directory to the new home directory. FILES
/etc/group system file containing group definitions /etc/datemsk system file of date formats /etc/passwd system password file /etc/shadow system file containing users' and roles' encrypted passwords and related information /etc/usr_attr system file containing additional user and role attributes ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
chown(1), passwd(1), users(1B), groupadd(1M), groupdel(1M), groupmod(1M), logins(1M), pwconv(1M), roleadd(1M), roledel(1M), useradd(1M), userdel(1M), usermod(1M), getdate(3C), auth_attr(4), passwd(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Jul 2004 rolemod(1M)