Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO SCO 6. Backup & Restore from USB Post 302244221 by SebaM6 on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 12:53:08 PM
Old 10-07-2008
Hi

I am at the beginning of your way. I mean I wan to create CD with bootable SCO (kind of rescue CD for SCO). Do you have any procedure/advices where could I start? I would be very grateful for any help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Backup / restore

Hi.... everyone could help me to understand how to do a backup of my servers .. operating systems is sun solaris 8 . I have some question about .... 1) Is better backup phisical disk or partition ??? i sow the command is ufsdump 0cfu /expbck/bcksunver/c0t0d0s5 dev/dsk/c0t0d0s5 to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

hp unix backup&restore

Dear frnds, i am going to use hp-ux11i first time, actually migrated from true64unix(digital), Now confused with the backup and restore procedures, i was using vdump and vrestore in that which was really much comfortable.could you suggest which is best type backup(similar to vdump and vrestore)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jestinabel
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Error using usfdump for backup & restore ?

Hello buddy, I used usfbackup command but error after full backup Solaris 5.5.1 /dev/c0t3d0s0 / /dev/c0t3d0s6 /usr I get error when restart after complete full backup Can't load the root file system Type 'go' to resume ***FULL MY STORY*** ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: posky
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.5 & USB flash drive

Can someone help me with instructions on how to access a USB flash drive in SCO Unix 5.0.5? I need to copy ASCII text files that have been zipped onto the USB drive for transfer to a Windows computer. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlodata
0 Replies

5. AIX

backup & restore a volume group

Dear All, I would like to ask about saving & restoring a user defined volume group. i have a user defined volume group, named as datavg. i want to save it & to restore it into different size of physical volume. currently, datavg consist of 4 pv, three fisrt pv size are 100GB & one pv size is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: donybangetgitu
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

imap & rsync - doing backup & restore

Hi ALL... I have an IMAP server & I have setup rsync to copy all mailboxes (MailDir) to a remote backup machine. rsync is working fine and is copying my files. I need some advice on how to restore a particular mailbox when a user makes a request assuming she has has deleted an important... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolatt
1 Replies

7. AIX

Backup and restore

Hi experts, i got a question. i have a production server with two Volume Group(VG) which are rootvg and datavg. Both of these VGs are 256 PP SIZE. On Disaster Recovery Server (DR server) contains two empty hardisks for restoring rootvg and datavg from production server. This two hardisks are... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: polar
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome

Hi I'm looking for scripts to backup & restore Gnome Desktop and all settings in Gnome. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Backup / Restore

Hi, I need to back up a RH file system (96G). The files are oracle .dbf format some of which are 5G in size. I know that tar has got a size restriction of 2G so I cannot use this. Can anyone recommend an alternative way of backuping up this FS? I have been looking at dump but this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Restore .dmg containing multiple partitions to bootable USB flash drive

I have a .dmg file which was created from a disk consisting of two partitions. When I mount the dmg both partitions pop up, so I know the imaging worked properly. One partition is HFS+ and the other is FAT32. So far, I've been unable to find a way to restore the dmg to a flash drive where both... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulcristo
17 Replies
RESCUE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 RESCUE(8)

NAME
rescue -- rescue utilities in /rescue DESCRIPTION
The /rescue directory contains a collection of common utilities intended for use in recovering a badly damaged system. With the transition to a dynamically-linked root beginning with NetBSD 2.0, there is a real possibility that the standard tools in /bin and /sbin may become non- functional due to a failed upgrade or a disk error. The tools in /rescue are statically linked and should therefore be more resistant to damage. However, being statically linked, the tools in /rescue are also less functional than the standard utilities. In particular, they do not have full use of the locale, pam(3), and nsswitch libraries. If your system fails to boot, and it shows an error message similar to: init: not found try booting the system with the boot flag ``-a'' and supplying /rescue/init, which is the rescue init(8), as the init path. If your system fails to boot, and it shows a prompt similar to: Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh: the first thing to try running is the standard shell, /bin/sh. If that fails, try running /rescue/sh, which is the rescue shell. To repair the system, the root partition must first be remounted read-write. This can be done with the following mount(8) command: /rescue/mount -uw / The next step is to double-check the contents of /bin, /lib, /libexec, and /sbin, possibly mounting a NetBSD installation CD-ROM and copying files from there. Once it is possible to successfully run /bin/sh, /bin/ls, and other standard utilities, try rebooting back into the stan- dard system. The /rescue tools are compiled using crunchgen(1), which makes them considerably more compact than the standard utilities. FILES
/rescue Root of the rescue hierarchy. SEE ALSO
crunchgen(1) HISTORY
The rescue utilities first appeared in NetBSD 2.0. AUTHORS
The rescue system was written by Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Simon L. Nielsen <simon@FreeBSD.org>, based on text by Tim Kientzle <kientzle@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
Most of the rescue tools work even in a fairly crippled system. The most egregious exception is the rescue version of vi(1), which currently requires that /usr be mounted so that it can access the termcap(5) files. Hopefully, a failsafe termcap(3) entry will eventually be added into the curses(3) library, so that /rescue/vi can be used even in a system where /usr cannot immediately be mounted. In the meantime, the rescue version of the ed(1) editor can be used from /rescue/ed if you need to edit files, but cannot mount /usr. BSD
January 20, 2009 BSD