Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: file encryption in aix
Operating Systems AIX file encryption in aix Post 302244177 by vishalpatel03 on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 11:13:15 AM
Old 10-07-2008
encrypt is not working.. says command not found

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

How to use PGP File Encryption

Hi All, I am new to the concept of encryption and shell and i have been assigned to do pgp encryption of a file before ftping it. I am developing the script using MKS Toolkit on Windows XP and the script will run later on actual unix box. I am going through documents provided by pgp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepb
2 Replies

3. AIX

unix file encryption

Is there a way to encrypt a flat file or a database file so it can be ftp or sftp to a remote windows system? this is for solaris/AIX etc. or is there a 3 party sw that can be used? i know in AIX6 this can be done but we are on AIX 5.3.x and 5.2.x (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: admaix
6 Replies

4. AIX

Encryption of files on AIX 5.3 GPFS filesystem

Hi Are there any tools out there that can encrypt files on a GPFS file system which are being accessed by multiple AIX 5.3 nodes? Situation, I need various application servers to read/write files that are on a GPFS share. Therefore the encryption mechanisum need to be transparent to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maximum
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Folder / file encryption

Hi, does anybody know of any tool that would allow me to have all files store in a folder automatically encrypted? or some similar capability? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malky
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

file encryption

Hello! I want to know about file encryption in redhat linux.... Please suggest me some gud websites from where i can get detailed information... Thanks in advance.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliyaa
3 Replies

7. AIX

Encryption in AIX

Can I encrypt PDF files in AIX 5.3? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthony123
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on File Encryption using gpg

Folks, Is there anyone to help on GPG file encryptions here. I got a public key from third party. I imported the key in server. I want to encrypt the public key. But without being signed , the key cannot be encrypted. When I try to sign the key using lsign command, I am getting the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
1 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies
TRACEANON(1)							   User Commands						      TRACEANON(1)

NAME
traceanon - anonymise ip addresses of traces SYNOPSIS
traceanon [ -s | --encrypt-source ] [ -d | --encrypt-dest ] [ -p prefix | --prefix=prefix ] [ -c key | --cryptopan=key ] [ -f key-file | --keyfile=file ] [ -z level | --compress-level=level ] [ -Z method | --compress-type=method ] sourceuri desturi DESCRPTION
traceanon anonymises a trace by replacing IP addresses found in the IP header, and any embedded packets inside an ICMP packet. It also fixes the checksums inside TCP and UDP headers. Two anonymisation schemes are supported, the first replaces a prefix with another prefix. This can be used for instance to replace a /16 with the equivilent prefix from RFC1918. The other scheme is cryptopan which is a prefix preserving encryption scheme based on AES. -s --encrypt-source encrypt only source ip addresses. -d --encrypt-dest encrypt only destination ip addresses. -p --prefix=prefix substitute the high bits of the IP addresses with the provided prefix. -c --cryptopan=key encrypt the IP addresses using the prefix-preserving cryptopan method using the key "key". The key can be up to 32 bytes long, and will be padded with NULL characters. -f --keyfile=file encrypt the IP addresses using the prefix-preserving cryptopan method using the key specified in the file "file". The key must be 32 bytes long. A suitable method of generating a key is by using the command dd to read from /dev/urandom. -z --compress-level=level compress the output trace using a compression level of "level". Compression level can range from 0 (no compression) through to 9. Higher compression levels require more CPU to compress data. Defaults to no compression. -Z --compress-type=method compress the output trace using the compression algorithm "method". Possible algorithms are "gzip", "bzip2", "lzo" and "none". Default is "none". EXAMPLES
traceanon --cryptopan="fish go moo, oh yes they do" --encrypt-source --encrypt-dest --compress-level=1 --compress-type=gzip erf:/traces/unenc.gz erf:/traces/enc.gz BUGS
This software should support encrypting based on the direction/interface flag. IP addresses inside ARP's are not encrypted. LINKS
More details about traceanon (and libtrace) can be found at http://www.wand.net.nz/trac/libtrace/wiki/UserDocumentation SEE ALSO
libtrace(3), tracemerge(1), tracefilter(1), traceconvert(1), tracestats(1), tracesummary(1), tracertstats(1), tracesplit(1), traces- plit_dir(1), tracereport(1), tracepktdump(1), tracediff(1), tracereplay(1), traceends(1), tracetopends(1) AUTHORS
Perry Lorier <perry@cs.waikato.ac.nz> traceanon (libtrace) October 2005 TRACEANON(1)