Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cyrillic in Nautilus
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cyrillic in Nautilus Post 302244064 by era on Tuesday 7th of October 2008 06:18:09 AM
Old 10-07-2008
I guess the font you have configured GTK to use for file names etc does not have the Cyrillic component of the character set. You will probably want a Unicode font and check that it has the Cyrillic space. (Further assuming that your filenames are in Unicode, not in some random legacy Russian encoding.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Cyrillic under X

RedHat 7.2, Gnome 1.4. tried "everything" but still can't figure out how to make cyrillic characters work normally. actually I don't care about anything other than Opera (6.01). I need it to display cyrillic normally. If anyone knows the solution plz help. TIA!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to print Cyrillic fonts

Hi All I confifured HP 4250 printer on AIX server..I am unable to print cyrillic fonts prints. Please assist.. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kandatihari
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to lock nautilus file browser

Hi Everybody.. I am using Moblin V2 which has nautilus file manager the one which is also used in Ubuntu. I want to lock the access to file system such that i can only browse my home folder not other locations like /, /usr, /bin and all. Or i want to create a partition of 10 or 15 GB so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lokeshsingla
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Large Problem with nautilus

Hi, I am a torrent-maniak and I use Transmission. All things were good but Nautilus begun to show problem while I was runnning Transmission.Its situation was becoming worse and worse. Now, when I boot I can hardly open a nautilus window and browse my files.It will "stack" in seconds for sure! I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
2 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Nautilus..launcher!!

Ha!! i am on ubuntu 11.04..i was customizing it the other day!!(applying themes,icons,conky and the likes..)..now i realize that the the "Create launcher..." option you get when you right click on the desktop doesn't create a new launcher!! :(...i checked the global menu under file..only to realize... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slotlocker
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

nautilus is not remembering settings

nautilus is not remembering my settings. I have done everything I can think of to get this to work. I have deleted .gconf, .gconfd, and .gnome2. I tried to start over fresh and that did not work either. What else can I do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Korn shell to insert cyrillic characters into the databse

i have written a shell script that reads a csv file and inserts tokenized strings into the database. the problem comes when the csv file has cyrillic characters. how do i set the parameters in my shell script(korn shell) so that any characters can be inserted into the database. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cyrillic Hostnames?

As the title suggests, I'm wondering if its possible to set a hostname to a name or word with Cyrillic letters (e.g. - Like the Russian alphabet). I tried installing the cyrillic-console package in Debian. I switched my desktop to Russian as well. However, when I try to set the hostname I get that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nautilus Issue

Good Morning, I have a file in the /.nautilus/thumbnails folder that I am unable to move between two NASs. My script copies it from the Sun machine to a NAS, but the name gets truncated to about 8 characters. The full filename on the Sun SPARC machine is strange:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
1 Replies
PSFXTABLE(1)						      General Commands Manual						      PSFXTABLE(1)

NAME
psfxtable - handle Unicode character tables for console fonts SYNOPSIS
psfxtable [-i infont] [-o outfont] [-it intable] [-ot outtable] [-nt] DESCRIPTION
psfxtable handles the embedded Unicode character table for .psf format console fonts. It reads a font and possibly a table and writes a font and/or a table. psfaddtable(1), psfgettable(1) and psfstriptable(1) are links to it. Each of the filenames infont, outfont, intable, and outtable may be replaced by a single dash (-), in which case standard input or standard output is used. If no -i option is given, the font is read from standard input. If no -it or -o or -ot option is given, no input table is read or no output font or output table is written. By default the output font (if any) will have a Unicode table when either the input font has one, or an explicit table (which overrides an input font table) has been provided. The option -nt causes output of a font without table. When outfont is requested it will get a psf1 header when infont has a psf1 header and intable does not have sequences and a psf2 header otherwise. SEE ALSO
setfont(8), psfaddtable(1), psfgettable(1), psfstriptable(1) 9 Dec 1999 PSFXTABLE(1)