Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep all words with "con" in them from a dictionary? Post 302243916 by guptaxpn on Monday 6th of October 2008 08:18:00 PM
Old 10-06-2008
so I'm not sure still where the dictionary file is on my machine...any help? just curious...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep to find content in between curly braces, "{" and "},"

problem String ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ icecream= { smart peopleLink "good" LC "happy" , smartpeopleLink "dull" LC "sad" } aend = {smart vc4 eatr kalu} output needed ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ smart peopleLink "good" LC "happy" , smartpeopleLink "dull" LC "sad" smart vc4... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: keshav_rk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -laR | grep "^-" | awk '{print $9}'| grep "$.txt"

Hi, I don't know hot to make this command work: ls -laR | grep "^-" | awk '{print $9}'| grep "$.txt" It should return the list of file .txt It's important to search .txt at the end of the line, becouse some file name have "txt" in their name but have other extensions (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: DNAx86
13 Replies

4. AIX

xx=`date +"%a %b %d"`;rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz ?

AIX 4.2 I am trying to do an rsh grep to search for date records inside server logs by doing this : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` rsh xxx grep "^$XX" zzz gives : grep: 0652-033 Cannot open Jun. grep: 0652-033 Cannot open 11. But if I do : xx=`date +"%a %b %d"` grep "^$XX" zzz it works... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Browser_ice
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -ef | grep "string1" "string2" " "string3"

Hi all, can any one suggest me the script to grep multiple strings from ps -ef pls correct the below script . its not working/ i want to print OK if all the below process are running in my solaris system. else i want to print NOT OK. bash-3.00$ ps -ef | grep blu lscpusr 48 42 ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

7. AIX

"Frames" and "Words" in fcstat output

What are "Frames" and "Words" in the fcstat output? vio1:/home/padmin:# fcstat fcs0 <snip> Transmit Statistics Receive Statistics ------------------- ------------------ Frames: 122844229 363445456 Words: 50940091904 171210861568 <snip> The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kah00na
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with "find" and "grep" command

I want to list all files/lines which except those which contain the pattern ' /proc/' OR ' /sys/' (mind the leading blank). In a first approach I coded: find / -exec ls -ld {} | grep -v ' /proc/| /sys/' \; > /tmp/list.txt But this doesn't work. I got an error (under Ubuntu): grep:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with "[" and "]" and "dot" within the search string

Hello. Following recommendations for one of my threads, this is working perfectly : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text 1" -e "some text 2" -e "some text 3" "/tmp/log_file.txt" ) Now I need a grep success for some thing like : #!/bin/bash CNT=$( grep -c -e "some text_1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
4 Replies
MKDIC(1)						      General Commands Manual							  MKDIC(1)

NAME
mkdic - Tool for creating a user dictionary SYNOPSIS
mkdic [{-cs|-cannaserver} canna-server] [-s] [- | -l local-file] remote-dic DESCRIPTION
mkdic creates user dictionary named remote-dic in the user dictionary directory of the remote host, on which cannaserver(1M) is in opera- tion. Dictionary file name remote-dic is assigned to this file at this time. If the - and -l option isn't specified, mkdic creates an empty dictionary. If the - option is specified, the standard input will be used as the dictionary file. If the -l option is specified, local-file will be used as the dictionary file. If the user dictionary directory does not exist, it will be created. Dictionary directory file -- dics.dir -- is rewritten automatically after the registering. The registered dictionary can thus be used by writing the dictionary name into the customize file. OPTIONS
-cs canna-server (or -cannaserver canna-server) Specifies the server machine that contains the dictionary to be created. -s Indicates that the dictionary to be created is an adjunct dictionary. If this option is omitted, the dictionary will be cre- ated as an independent-word one. -l local-file Registers the input data from local-file. - The standard input will be used as the dictionary file. EXAMPLES(1) If you want to creat an empty dictionary file: % mkdic test(2) If you want to register the input data from the standard input: % mkdic test - Registers the input data from the standard input, in the user dictionary directory under dictionary name ``test''. The following line is then added to dictionary directory file -- dics.dir -- : user1.t(.mwd) -test-(3) If the dictionary file is specified: % mkdic test -l test1.t Registers independent-word dictionary file ``test1.t'' in the remote host's user dictionary directory under dictionary name ``test''. The following line is then added to dics.dir: user1.t(.mvd) -test- user1.t is a dictionary file name generated automatically by the system. SEE ALSO
catdic(1), cannaserver(1M), lsdic(1) MKDIC(1)