Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers to separate values from a string Post 302243848 by ssuresh1999 on Monday 6th of October 2008 05:00:01 PM
Old 10-06-2008
to separate values from a string

Hi
I would like to take input from user like username/password@connectstring

I should be able to cut the username and password and connect string
for example if someone enters like
sam/sammy@ora1

my program should take sam as username sammy as password and ora1 as connectstring and assign to different variables

Thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

insert pipe in file to separate values

hi all... i need your help, because i donīt know what to do... i have a flat file like this: B065200512312004123111010000061451 000021853 B065200512312004123111020000621907 000417802 B065200512312004123111030000005214 000005861 B065200512312004123111040000120133 000088448 and i need... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate string

i am a biginner of shell scripting.please help me how can i seperate a string in two parts.eg.user given sting is"oi2ehello".i want to make 2 string string1=oi2e and string2=hello (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arghya_owen
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate String Shell Script

Hi guys, I am a beginner in shell script.. How can I separate a string coming from a parameter in spaces ? Ex: input: test.sh abcd output: a b c d Thanks Dusse (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusse
15 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to separate the values in perl??

Hi, I have a string like that and i have to separate the key and value pair. $str="OWN - NLM STAT- MEDLINE DA - 19990311 DCOM- 19990311 LR - 20061115 AB - The perlfaq comprises several documents that answer the most commonly asked questions about Perl and Perl programming. It's divided... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with shell, trying to append or separate values in a string

Ok. I for the life of me cant figure out how to do this. I need Help. So here is what I'm trying to do. I have a block of text. They are FIPS codes for counties. Below is the block. There are probably a few ways to do this. The first line starting with ARC021....... this line is a list of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chagan02
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get string between quotes separate by commas

I'm a beginner with shell and tried to do this per hours and everytinhg gives different want i do. So I have a lot of file in *.csv ( a.csv, b.csv ...) in each file csv , it has some fields separeted by commas. ----- "joseph";"21","m";"groups";"j.j@gmail.com,j.j2@hotmail.com"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: flaviof
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Divide data with specific column values into separate files

hello! i need a little help from you :) ... i need to split a file into separate files depending on two conditions using scripting. The file has no delimiters. The conditions are col 17 = "P" and col 81 = "*", this will go to one output file; col 17 = "R" and col 81 = " ". Here is an example. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanclitas
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to separate one string

Hello friends. I have on file with following data Jhon Status: Form successfully submitted Maria Status:Form successfully submitted Shyne Status: Form submission pending. Liken Status:Form successfully submitted David Status:Form successfully submitted Rich Status: Form... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nakul_sh
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Separate string based on delimiter

Hi, for fd in $(grep "/tmp/" hello.properties)The grep gives me the below output: deploydir=/tmp/app1/dfol prodir= /tmp/hello/prop ...... Now i want to store /tmp/app1/dfol then /tmp/hello/prop in a variable so that i can check if those folders files exists or not. The delimiter would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print line is values between two fields in separate file

I am trying to use awk to find all the $3 values in file2 that are between $2 and $3 in file1. If a value in $3 of file2 is between the file1 fields then it is printed along with the $6 value in file1. Both file1 and file2 are tab-delimited as well as the desired output. If there is nothing to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
DBX_CONNECT(3)								 1							    DBX_CONNECT(3)

dbx_connect - Open a connection/database

SYNOPSIS
object dbx_connect (mixed $module, string $host, string $database, string $username, string $password, [int $persistent]) DESCRIPTION
Opens a connection to a database. PARAMETERS
o $module - The $module parameter can be either a string or a constant, though the latter form is preferred. The possible values are given below, but keep in mind that they only work if the module is actually loaded. o DBX_MYSQL or "mysql" o DBX_ODBC or "odbc" o DBX_PGSQL or "pgsql" o DBX_MSSQL or "mssql" o DBX_FBSQL or "fbsql" o DBX_SYBASECT or "sybase_ct" o DBX_OCI8 or "oci8" o DBX_SQLITE or "sqlite" o $host - The SQL server host o $database - The database name o $username - The username o $password - The password o $persistent - The $persistent parameter can be set to DBX_PERSISTENT, if so, a persistent connection will be created. The $host, $database, $username and $password parameters are expected, but not always used depending on the connect functions for the abstracted module. RETURN VALUES
Returns an object on success, FALSE on error. If a connection has been made but the database could not be selected, the connection is closed and FALSE is returned. The returned $object has three properties: o database - It is the name of the currently selected database. o handle - It is a valid handle for the connected database, and as such it can be used in module-specific functions (if required). <?php $link = dbx_connect(DBX_MYSQL, "localhost", "db", "username", "password"); mysql_close($link->handle); // dbx_close($link) would be better here ?> o module - It is used internally by dbx only, and is actually the module number mentioned above. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------+ | 5.0.0 | | | | | | | Introduced DBX_SQLITE. | | | | | 4.3.0 | | | | | | | Introduced DBX_OCI8. | | | | | 4.2.0 | | | | | | | Introduced DBX_SYBASECT. | | | | | 4.1.0 | | | | | | | Introduced DBX_FBSQL. | | | | +--------+---------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 dbx_connect(3) example <?php $link = dbx_connect(DBX_ODBC, "", "db", "username", "password", DBX_PERSISTENT) or die("Could not connect"); echo "Connected successfully"; dbx_close($link); ?> NOTES
Note Always refer to the module-specific documentation as well. SEE ALSO
dbx_close(3). PHP Documentation Group DBX_CONNECT(3)