Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Fire T 2000 Booting problem Post 302243228 by reborg on Saturday 4th of October 2008 08:10:30 AM
Old 10-04-2008
I believe that that is a firmware issue.

You should probably try applying firmware patch 124750-08.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Booting problem

I was trying to test run a /bin/bash script i had just written when my monitor suddenly went blank.I had to shut down the machine from the systems main power. I was unable to boot afterwards and soo i went for the interactive boot process by typing boot -a. I succeded in the first stage of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lealyz
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Booting problem on Sun 3500

Hi, I have a Sun 3500 server on which i installed solaris 8 and have also installed veritas 4.0 on it. i dont know why from the time i have built this server whenever i try to boot it, the server doesnot come back smooth.... i have got to connect a laptop to the serial port of the server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ishila
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Fire 280R

Hello all, I'm lost and can't figure this problem out. I have a Sun fire 280R running Solaris 8. Everything was working great. I have one drive in bay 1(not 0). But when I reboot the system it trys to open files in /dev/rdsk/c1t1d0s0. Should it have been opeing /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0, the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem booting Sun ultra enterprise 450 server

Hi, I have a sun ultra enterprise 450 server. This server powers on and a white screen appears with the system and network information. But it doesnot boot up completely. Booting operation wil be halted by a warning: \usr\sbin\fsck not found. Most likely the mount of \usr failed or the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgashwini
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Sun Fire 280R Sun Solaris CRT/Monitor requirements

I am new to Sun. I brought Sun Fire 280R to practice UNIX. What are the requirements for the monitor/CRT? Will it burn out old non-Sun CRTs? Does it need LCD monitor? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bramptonmt
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 hardware problem (can't get ok>)

First of all it's shut down 60 second after power on and write on console : SC Alert: Correct SCC not replaced - shutting managed system down! This is cured by moving out battery from ALOM card. Now server start to loop during the testing. That's on the console: >@(#) Sun Fire V440,Netra... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alisher
14 Replies

7. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 Over heat Problem.

Dear Team, I need some expert advice to my problem. We have a Sun Fire v440 in our customer Place. Server is working fine and no hardware deviations are found except one problem that processors generating too much heat. I have verified and found that the room temperature was 26-27 degree.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Booting problem on Sun 3500

Booting problem on Sun 3500 Hi, I have a Sun 3500 server on which i installed solaris 5.2 installed . i dont know why from the time i have built this server whenever i try to boot it, the server doesnot come back smooth.i got a message Sync file system than restart some times showing ok... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: najeer
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun fire x2270

Hello, I have purchaced an old SUn fire x2270 server . I wanted to make ILOM upgrade to the latest version of software : ILOM 3.0.9.18.a r126592 BIOS vers. 2.09 Server 2.2.3 (10-Aug-2018) Because my version is very outdated. But i can't download the updatebecause it's require... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LouisLakoute
4 Replies