Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting help needed in writing a script Post 302242980 by cybersandex on Friday 3rd of October 2008 09:55:44 AM
Old 10-03-2008
after i run this command:
cat sqllog_clrdg5q1 | grep SQL_ROUNDTRIP_TIME | cut -d' ' -f4,4,3,3,7,7,8,8 | sort -k 2,2n | tail -5

i get output like:
#3136 0.872914 01/17/08 22:06:36
#24817 1.231532 01/18/08 05:00:44
#15371 1.291679 01/18/08 03:00:08
#21279 2.130480 01/18/08 04:03:16
#7835 27.892056 01/18/08 00:01:32

now i have to copy the sqlquery which has run for more than 5 secs in to a word document
can we automate this whole process?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help writing a script

Hello everyone. Well, I will get right to the point. I am new to Perl and trying to learn it as much as I can. I have been assigned the task of writing a perl script to extract information from firewall logs. Like I said, I am new to Perl and I am having a tough time because I think what I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarballed
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in writing awk script for xml source

Hi, i am not able to get an approach for converting xml file to flat file using awk programming. Can anyone help me out. The input xml is like this: <outer> <field1>one</field1> <field2>two</field2> <field3>three<Error Code=777 Description=12345/></field3> <field4>four</field4> </outer>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_0101bits
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed for writing a script

I have a requirement to write a script to get the number of errors generated during a time period. How can I achieve this. To be exact, I need to get the number of 404 or 500 errors generated during a time period from 01 to 02 hrs from a webserver access log. Any help will be appreciated.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram_1978
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

needed help in writing a script!

Hi all, I needed help in writing a script for the following question.please help. Non-recursive shell script that accepts any number of arguments and prints them in the Reverse order. (For example, if the script is named rargs, then executing rargs A B C should produce C B A on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help writing this script

Here is the script I am trying to write along with my answer I wrote. Please help me understand why it doesn't work. Create an executable script file called "newname" that will perform the followings: 1. Rename a file upon the user's request. If the file exists, prompt the user for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wiggles
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me in writing the script

Hi, I have written a script which converts a give hexdecimal value to binary value in perl. But now, the problem is I should read every bit of it ( if its 10101010, i should read the value in each position and if the value in that position is 1 i should print a string and should exit if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prakashreddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me in writing my script

hello all, I have a script, used to search for the strings from the set of 5 similar pattern file from the log dir. So here it goes . The input parameter is a part of the file name. When during the script execution, the script should parse the input parameter to original file's with the same... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baraghun
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in writing script

i need some help in donig some actions on files in a library. i want to get the n last files, and print to the screen their name, date, and how many times a specific string appears in each file.. how can i do this..?... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in writing a menu driven script

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me write a shell script in Linux that backsup/restores data to anywhere I choose but it needs to be menu driven? Thanks, I'm new to Linux/Unix but liking it so far...just hoping to get to grips with the scripts! :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicole
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

Please help me writing this script

I work on a production server. I have to check one folder named "spool" and delete files under it , which are more than 5 minutes old. I do it manually by writing two commands. touch -t YYMMDDHHMMSS /tmp/timeinfo find /spool ! -newer /tmp/timeinfo -exec rm -rf {} \; I want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
4 Replies
UNBUFFER(1)						      General Commands Manual						       UNBUFFER(1)

NAME
unbuffer - unbuffer output SYNOPSIS
unbuffer program [ args ] INTRODUCTION
unbuffer disables the output buffering that occurs when program output is redirected from non-interactive programs. For example, suppose you are watching the output from a fifo by running it through od and then more. od -c /tmp/fifo | more You will not see anything until a full page of output has been produced. You can disable this automatic buffering as follows: unbuffer od -c /tmp/fifo | more Normally, unbuffer does not read from stdin. This simplifies use of unbuffer in some situations. To use unbuffer in a pipeline, use the -p flag. Example: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 CAVEATS
unbuffer -p may appear to work incorrectly if a process feeding input to unbuffer exits. Consider: process1 | unbuffer -p process2 | process3 If process1 exits, process2 may not yet have finished. It is impossible for unbuffer to know long to wait for process2 and process2 may not ever finish, for example, if it is a filter. For expediency, unbuffer simply exits when it encounters an EOF from either its input or process2. In order to have a version of unbuffer that worked in all situations, an oracle would be necessary. If you want an application-specific solution, workarounds or hand-coded Expect may be more suitable. For example, the following example shows how to allow grep to finish pro- cessing when the cat before it finishes first. Using cat to feed grep would never require unbuffer in real life. It is merely a place- holder for some imaginary process that may or may not finish. Similarly, the final cat at the end of the pipeline is also a placeholder for another process. $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ cat /tmp/abcdef.log | unbuffer grep abc | cat $ (cat /tmp/abcdef.log ; sleep 1) | unbuffer grep abc | cat abcdef xxxabc defxxx $ BUGS
The man page is longer than the program. SEE ALSO
"Exploring Expect: A Tcl-Based Toolkit for Automating Interactive Programs" by Don Libes, O'Reilly and Associates, January 1995. AUTHOR
Don Libes, National Institute of Standards and Technology 1 June 1994 UNBUFFER(1)