Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extraction of string from Stringlist using delimiter Post 302242961 by joeyg on Friday 3rd of October 2008 09:19:05 AM
Old 10-03-2008
Tools Is this what you are looking for?

Code:
> echo "shellscript.sh|unix.sh|script_file.sh"
shellscript.sh|unix.sh|script_file.sh
> echo "shellscript.sh|unix.sh|script_file.sh" | cut -d"|" -f1
shellscript.sh
> echo "shellscript.sh|unix.sh|script_file.sh" | cut -d"|" -f2
unix.sh
> echo "shellscript.sh|unix.sh|script_file.sh" | cut -d"|" -f3
script_file.sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

String extraction from user input - sh

Hi, I have a shell script to build components of a product. The follow snippet will explain what I am doing. # !/bin/sh for choice in "$@" ; do case $choice in "o") echo "Calling $choice" ; o ;; "i") echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nasty string extraction problem

Hello, if I have a file containing a chunk of HTML and I want to extract always the string beginning http://www.xxx.com/v/ that ends just before "> (i.e. and including the bit BqqtJpfZElQ&hl will change randomly) Any ideas??? # cat randomfeature.html <object width="160"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevinyeandel1
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extraction of the output from a string.

Hi Everyone, I stored the result of a certain awk script in the variable arr.The result is /inets /banking /tools. arr= /inets /banking /tools These are 3 direcctories. I should be able to move in to these directories using "cd" command.Can you tell me how to extract... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saicharantej
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in string extraction using regular expressions

Hi, I am a new bee to this forum. I am trying to extract the text after a matching pattern from a url using regular expression. Ex: http://locatlhost:2020/proxy/checkthisout I want to extract the string after proxy/. I am not familiar with reg ex. Can someone please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akatraga
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Extraction in Perl

I have a string stored in a variable. For instance, $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_xxx " where xxx changes dynamically and can be either LOGIN or SEARCH..... depends on runtime. For example : $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_SEARCH " $str = " Opcode called is : CM_OP_LOGIN " I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkca
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sub-string extraction on arrays

Hi, I'm trying to extract the middle of an array that is of variable length but always has a first and last common element, The following works OK... #!/bin/bash ARRAY='switch' ARRAY='option1' ARRAY='option2' ARRAY='option3' ARRAY='value' SWITCH=${ARRAY:0:1} VALUE=${ARRAY:(-1)}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ASGR
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extraction when space is a field delimiter

I have more than 1000 files to parse. Each file contains few lines (number of lines varies) followed by a header line having all column's name (SPOT, NAME etc) and then values for those columns. **Example File: sdgafh dfhaadfha sfgaf dhah jkthdj SPOT NAME GENE_NAME CH_MEAN CHDN_MED ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
11 Replies

8. Solaris

string extraction won't work. Why?

#!/usr/bin/ksh set -x testfile=my.test.file.flag echo ${testfile: (-4)} #/home/maldohe/scripts/spawn1& sleep 3 echo myspawn is now ending exit Background: I am trying to extract the word flag from anf given file name. This is a demo script that I am working on to fix a production issue.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harleyrci
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

String extraction from log file

Hi, Log file will contain text like below: May 7 14:12:09 nap_fujitsu-nexus_pbb-denek-01-r_DE.de.ignite.net 108767: 115673: May 7 14:12:08: %RTT-3-IPSLATHRESHOLD: IP SLA Monitor(112): Threshold below for rtt May 8 14:12:09 nap_fujitsu-nexus_pbb-denek-01-r_DE.de.ignite.net 108767: 115673:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Extraction

I am trying to extract a time from the below string in perl but not able to get the time properly I just want to extract the time from the above line I am using the below syntax x=~ /(.*) (\d+)\:(\d+)\:(\d+),(.*)\.com/ $time = $2 . ':' . $3 . ':' . $4; print $time Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karan8810
1 Replies
term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)					 Terminal control					 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::ansi::ctrl::unix - Control operations and queries SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::ansi::ctrl::unix ?0.1? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
WARNING: This package is unix-specific and depends on the availability of two unix system commands for terminal control, i.e. stty and tput, both of which have to be found in the $PATH. If any of these two commands is missing the loading of the package will fail. The package provides commands to switch the standard input of the current process between raw and cooked input modes, and to query the size of terminals, i.e. the available number of columns and lines. API
INTROSPECTION ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::import ?ns? ?arg...? This command imports some or all attribute commands into the namespace ns. This is by default the namespace ctrl. Note that this is relative namespace name, placing the imported command into a child of the current namespace. By default all commands are imported, this can howver be restricted by listing the names of the wanted commands after the namespace argument. OPERATIONS ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to raw input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are immediately reported to the application instead of waiting in the OS buffer until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::raw This command switches the standard input of the current process to cooked input mode. This means that from then on all characters typed by the user are kept in OS buffers for editing until the Enter/Return key is received. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::columns This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of columns available for display. ::term::ansi::ctrl::unix::rows This command queries the terminal connected to the standard input for the number of rows (aka lines) available for display. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
ansi, columns, control, cooked, input mode, lines, raw, rows, terminal CATEGORY
Terminal control COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::ansi::ctrl::unix(n)