Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Finding port number !!
Operating Systems Solaris Finding port number !! Post 302242929 by era on Friday 3rd of October 2008 07:55:32 AM
Old 10-03-2008
Actually ".telnet" is the "port number". You can look up the numeric port number in /etc/services

LISTEN is the server which is running all the time and accepting incoming connections.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

get number of a port

Hello every one. I work in a LAN with many application server. Each one use a different port. What command permit to obtain the number of these port. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hoang
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding a process running on a port

how do I find the process that is running on a port in HP-Unix? Murali (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manduva
8 Replies

3. IP Networking

finding port numbers

hither! whatz the command to find which process is using a specific port number? for example, port 8082? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: darkcastle
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

port number as an argument

What is the script that takes a port number as parameter and displays status, whether it is available or is already used by other process pls help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saikiran
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need to know port number

Hi expert, I wanted to know in which port my apache is running in solaris box thanks Shaan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shaan_dmp
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

port number

hi all i want to connect a system, how can i know the port number of a system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tukuna82
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding and replacing port numbers.

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which firstly will search some files and then increase the port numbers mentioned in them by a certain no. let me clear it with an example- suppose there r few files a,b,c,d.... file a's content- <serverEntries xmi:id="ServerEntry_1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankushsingh10
3 Replies

8. AIX

Finding service based on port number

is it possible to find out which Service is running on the basis of port no which is open/listening? Regards Manoj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. SCO

Problem finding what is using a serial port

How can I determine what process is currently using a serial port? A good bit of google searching hasn't turned up anything useful, but it seems like there has to be a way to do this without too much difficulty. When I first started looking into this problem, I assumed that when a port was in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdsnatl
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)													       TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)

NAME
trace-cmd-listen - listen for incoming connection to record tracing. SYNOPSIS
trace-cmd listen -p port [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
The trace-cmd(1) listen sets up a port to listen to waiting for connections from other hosts that run trace-cmd-record(1) with the -N option. When a connection is made, and the remote host sends data, it will create a file called trace.HOST:PORT.dat. Where HOST is the name of the remote host, and PORT is the port that the remote host used to connect with. OPTIONS
-p port This option will specify the port to listen to. -D This options causes trace-cmd listen to go into a daemon mode and run in the background. -d dir This option specifies a directory to write the data files into. -o filename This option overrides the default trace in the trace.HOST:PORT.dat that is created when a remote host connects. -l filename This option writes the output messages to a log file instead of standard output. SEE ALSO
trace-cmd(1), trace-cmd-record(1), trace-cmd-report(1), trace-cmd-start(1), trace-cmd-stop(1), trace-cmd-extract(1), trace-cmd-reset(1), trace-cmd-split(1), trace-cmd-list(1) AUTHOR
Written by Steven Rostedt, <rostedt@goodmis.org[1]> RESOURCES
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rostedt/trace-cmd.git COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010 Red Hat, Inc. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU Public License (GPL). NOTES
1. rostedt@goodmis.org mailto:rostedt@goodmis.org 06/11/2014 TRACE-CMD-LISTEN(1)