Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Negate gawk search
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Negate gawk search Post 302242869 by rajendra44 on Friday 3rd of October 2008 05:58:42 AM
Old 10-03-2008
Hi ,
in u r code :

if (block !~ search)

try with this

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I negate a sed match

I have a text file that has links in it. I can write a match for sed to replace the link with anything. For example: http://www.google.com becomes XxX But what I'm after is not to replace the link with something but to remove everything else and just leave the link. I want a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: muxman
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

negate * with in pattren matching...

Hi Every one I have a file in the following manner... AAAAAA*PERFORM WRITEQ BBDFDD*PERFOMF WRITEQ FFFF *PERFOMF WRITEQ i want to find the lines which donot have * in 7th position.. I have tried this but some problem i think... grep '......*WRITEQ' INpFIle... any 6 chars not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbsrinivas
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

negate search within sed

I working fine with following statement - sed '/search_pattern/ s/pattern1/pattern2/' file_name requirement changes , now i want negate the search something like - sed '! /search_pattern/ s/pattern1/pattern2/' file_name (this doesn't work) anybody can plz tell the correct syntax... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajitkumar2
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

negate search help

Hi, I've tried a lot of negate codes in this forum, but they do not perform what I intended. Please help. inputfile: Paragraph1 contents: die1, die2, die3, pr_name1, pr_name2 pr_name3, pr_name4 Paragraph2 more contents: die1, die2, die3, pr_name1, pr_name2 pr_name3, pr_name4 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamushamu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Negate alerting for particular metadevice.

Hi All... I have a script that checks for any problems(particularly looks for 'Needs Maintenance') with metadevices and alerts accordingly. This was not configured to alert for a particular metadevice. Now i want to negate alerting for a particular metadevice(say d40). Is this possible? I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddybs
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

solved -gawk, search for pattern - mark the previous line as a variable?

Im trying to parse ifconfig with awk and setup a bunch of variables in one shot. But Im having trouble figuring out how to work with data in previous lines. ifconfig output: eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:50:DA:10:7F:1B inet addr:10.10.10.10 Bcast:10.10.10.127 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

gawk script to search and replace text in a flat file

Hi I am new to unix and newbie to this forum. I need help in writing a gawk script that search and replace particular text in a flat file. Input file text : ZIDE_CONTROL000 100000000003869920900000300000001ISYNC 000002225489 0000000002232122 20120321 16:40:53 ZIDE_RECORD000... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkausmel
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gawk Narrowing Down Search Results

I am using GAWK to search for a specific pattern: gawk '{IGNORECASE=1;} /<a href=/&&/\$/,/<\/a/' index.html <a class=author href="http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/search/?areaID=10&amp;amp;catAbb=sss&amp;amp;query=ps vita" title="craigslist washington, DC | all fo r sale / wanted search &quot;ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to negate pattern within sed?

Example: I have data like, H|1|2|#||4|4|5|6 D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| D|f|g|h|j|j|k|k| T|g|g|G|G|g|g| T|g|g|G|G|g|g| I have to write command, it should delete all the lines except line starting with "D". I have tried sed '/^\(D\)|/!d'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: duplicate
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the negate of decimal to binary?

Hi All, New to this forum (and yes , a newbie in programming..:p) I have a decimal to binary converter script done this way : i=$1 bit0=$(( (i & 0x01) > 0 )) bit1=$(( (i & 0x02) > 0 )) bit2=$(( (i & 0x04) > 0 )) bit3=$(( (i & 0x08) > 0 )) bit4=$((... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: digiteltlc
6 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)