Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help with finding a word in file's contents Post 302242252 by manmeet on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 01:38:51 PM
Old 10-01-2008
and also one thing more, i just cat outputfiles.txt and found that basically those digits represent corresponding position for the names. here is list of names in outputfiles.txt
hykki
'segm_interface'-08_10_01
'orgn_unt_ip_interface'-08_10_01
'com_cust_cntc_interface'-08_10_01
'cust_aset_liab_ip_interface'-08_10_01
'cust_cont_pref_interface'-08_10_01
'cust_ip_interface'-08_10_01
'indv_depnd_ip_interface'-08_10_01
'indv_occup_ip_interface'-08_10_01
'segm_memb_interface'-08_10_01
'indv_occup_ip_interface'-08_10_01
'cust_aset_liab_ip_interface'-08_10_01
'cust_ip_interface'-08_10_01
'segm_interface'-08_10_01
'employee_interface'-08_10_01
'indv_depnd_ip_interface'-08_10_01

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding word in file then print the preceding....

Hi, I am looking for a way to find a particular word in a file then print a line that precedes this line, as well as this line. Sometimes in a log file there is only one word per line and I need to print one of the lines leading up to the single worded line. Example - I can grep for ouch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: g_jumpin
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using first word and print their contents using awk

suppose u hava a file G1354R tGGC-CGC D1361N cGAC-AAC I1424T ATC-ACC R768W gCGG-TGG Q1382R CAG-CGG Q178E gCAG-GAG Y181C TAC-TGC .........cont. So the question is By searching for first word i.e.character say R output shud be R768W gCGG-TGG R182P CGG-CCG R189W ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a word in a file

Hi frndz, i have a flat file like, xxx yyy zzz sss aaa bbb yyy xxx rrr sss ttt yyy ddd zzzz cccc.. look, in this file i want to fetch the substring from one yyy to another one and need to print it then from next values between yyy's.. can you please give me some inputs on this.. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: smr_rashmy
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating word based off of contents

Hello everyone, my first post here, please feel free to inform me if my question can be better formatted so my future posts may be more clear. I have a large text file which I need parsed in one specific way, I have done the rest of the processing, I am simply lacking the last aspect of such. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryanfx
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific word from data contents problem asking

Hi, Below is my input file: >tempZ_1 SAFSDAFDSG GGERRTTZZZ ZASRARARET WETPOASDAZ ZZZASASFAS >temp_9 ASAEGPIOEO EIOPIZZZAS FDFGZZZARA ESEAZZZAAS . . Desired output file: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy contents of unix file to Word document

Hello, I have a unix file about 3000lines which i want to copy from and paste it into a Word document. If i cat the file and try to scroll through it then not everything is captured so i am getting and incomplete paste. Any help is really appreciated. jak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding common numbers (contents) across 2 or 3 files

I have 3 files which are tab delimited and have numbers in it. file 1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 File 2 3 5 7 8 File 3 1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding pattern in a text file and returning a part of the word

Dear All, assume that we have a text file or a folder of files, I want to find this pattern followers*.csv in the text file , and get * as the output. There are different matches and * means every character. Thank you in advance. Best, David (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: davidfreed
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Finding a word through substring in a file

I have a text file that has some data like: PADHOGOA1 IOP055_VINREG5_1 ( .IO(VINREG5_1), .MONI(), .MON_D(px_IOP055_VINREG5_1_MON_D), .R0T(px_IOP054_VINREG5_0_R0T), .IO1() ); PADV30MA0 IOP056_VOUT3_IN ( .IO(VOUT3_IN), .V30M(px_IOP056_VOUT3_IN_V30M)); PADV30MA0 IOP057_VOUT3_OUT (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: utkarshkhanna44
2 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1) 						   User Commands						   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat is obsolete. It has been superseded by gvfs-cat. See gvfs-cat(1). gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1), gvfs-cat(1), attributes(5), environ(5) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.11 14 May 2008 gnomevfs-cat(1)