Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recover smtp mail text files
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers recover smtp mail text files Post 302242095 by wempy on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 07:24:14 AM
Old 10-01-2008
The users mailspool on the server will have 3 directories called cur,tmp and new. Drop the files that you want the user to see into the new directory (ensuring there are no name clashes).

Or to do it a more smtp way use formmail

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SMTP going to Junk Mail

Hi All I have a slight problem with sending mails from my server - if I send mails to Yahoo! or Hotmail, either direct via the SMTP server, or through sendmail, the email ends up in the account holder's Junk Mail folder. Is something in the headers causing these emails to be treated as junk?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saabir
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

SMTP mail

I want to send e-mail from my yahoo account. But mail -s "title" *@yahoo.com < line.txt is from my local address to *@yahoo.com. How can i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Euler04
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail via smtp

Hi Gururs, I have a process on a middelware (SAP XI) that is runnung on HP-UX. This Process is creating a flatfile. Now I want to call a script within the process that sends the created flatfile as attachment via Mail using a smpt-server. The script should have the following input parameters:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elko.hasse
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure Linux box with my SMTP mail server

Hi all, I need to send mail to a particular email id using a local mail server.This mail shall contain the content of a file. I don't have any idea how to do it. Can anyone guide me ,where to start proceeding for it. Any guide or study material would appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Send mail using SMTP

Hi I need to send email from batch script, using SMTP from my exchange server. Can any one send me command line of that should be non interactive. I did using MAPISEND, but i should not use it for some reasons. I have to send this using SMTP for Microsoft Exchange Server. mapisend -u... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
2 Replies

6. Programming

SMTP mail client C++

Hey Guys, I am writing an SMTP mail client in c++ in unix and it needs to do the following: I need to create a client the client talks to port 25 it sends a hello world message I also need to support and smtpclient class and a clientdriver class I have written the smtpclient class, but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcy8096
1 Replies

7. Programming

Send mail via SMTP

If anybody has a c/c++ code of send mail via smtp with or without authorization for Linux, I will be very grateful. Thank's. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: LuckyStr
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting error while sending mail via smtp

Hi All, I used before a simple routine code in tcl to send mail. package require smtp package require mime package require Tcl proc send_simple_message {recipient email_server subject body} { set token mime::setheader $token Subject $subject smtp::sendmessage $token \ ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zivsegal
0 Replies

9. Solaris

OutBound SMTP Server Mail issue

Hi all I have a Live SMTP server for outbound mails ( Mail being sent from my organization to outside domains). A large chunk of mails are not being sent and reside in /var/spool/mqueue directory. The header of there mails are: From: Mail Delivery Subsystem <MAILER-DAEMON> How can I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Send mail via SMTP

I have a existing perl program , in this program it will output a email address list to a variable ( $email_list ) , mail content to a variable ( $email_content ) , if I want to send all email to these email address with corresponding content , would aadivse how to write a perl script ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
DH_MOVEFILES(1) 						     Debhelper							   DH_MOVEFILES(1)

NAME
dh_movefiles - move files out of debian/tmp into subpackages SYNOPSIS
dh_movefiles [debhelperoptions] [--sourcedir=dir] [-Xitem] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_movefiles is a debhelper program that is responsible for moving files out of debian/tmp or some other directory and into other package build directories. This may be useful if your package has a Makefile that installs everything into debian/tmp, and you need to break that up into subpackages. Note: dh_install is a much better program, and you are recommended to use it instead of dh_movefiles. FILES
debian/package.files Lists the files to be moved into a package, separated by whitespace. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. OPTIONS
--sourcedir=dir Instead of moving files out of debian/tmp (the default), this option makes it move files out of some other directory. Since the entire contents of the sourcedir is moved, specifying something like --sourcedir=/ is very unsafe, so to prevent mistakes, the sourcedir must be a relative filename; it cannot begin with a `/'. -Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being installed. file ... Lists files to move. The filenames listed should be relative to debian/tmp/. You can also list directory names, and the whole directory will be moved. It is an error to list files here unless you use -p, -i, or -a to tell dh_movefiles which subpackage to put them in. NOTES
Note that files are always moved out of debian/tmp by default (even if you have instructed debhelper to use a compatibility level higher than one, which does not otherwise use debian/tmp for anything at all). The idea behind this is that the package that is being built can be told to install into debian/tmp, and then files can be moved by dh_movefiles from that directory. Any files or directories that remain are ignored, and get deleted by dh_clean later. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_MOVEFILES(1)