Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris pam_unix_cred.so.1 failed to load Post 302242092 by admin@solaris on Wednesday 1st of October 2008 07:13:35 AM
Old 10-01-2008
pam_unix_cred.so.1 failed to load

My solaris 8 server messages log recored error

"Sep 30 21:35:00 bkp1 cron[11592]: [ID 401707 user.error] open_module: /usr/lib/security/pam_unix_cred.so.1 failed: ld.so.1: cron: fatal: libproject.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory"

Any idea what is this related to and how to stop?

thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Module jk2 failed to load into apache server!!

Hi There, Does anyone knows what could be the problem if my apache server is running but unable to load JK2 module into the server. My HTTPS is running on Apache Server 2.0.49 with ssl enabled and compiled with Mod_ssl on HPUX-11.11i. In fact we have try out the following parameter, ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_jeffhang
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in wrting Load Script for a Load-Resume type of load.

hi all need your help. I am wrting a script that will load data into the table. then on another load will append the data into the existing table. Regards Ankit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

3. Solaris

boot load failed

I modified the partitions on my Solaris 10 disk using format command in "boot cdrom -s" mode and then tried rebooting with "reboot". It said "Boot load failed". Why does this happen? I have faced this error before:( and I went in for a fresh installation of the OS.Can anyone tell me the reason as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lydiaEd
1 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

5. SuSE

Failed to load HCA driver and Access Layer

Hi All, I got the following errors when i was trying to restart Infiniband service. Loading cxgb3 driver : Loading HCA driver and Access Layer : The command managed to bring up the services, but without RDMA modules loaded from /etc/init.d/openibd status output. Is the missing of RDMA... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchm
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VPS has load 200, httpd load no activity, netstat nothing

Hello, on my hostserver i see one VPS of mine got load of 200.00 and netstat nothing (not a single blank line on netstat command) after some time, netstat started showing connections, but i see no excessive IP connections. tail -f /var/log/httpd/access_log shows no activity /var/log/messages ;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: postcd
1 Replies

7. AIX

Jvm.dll failed to load error

In my AIX 7.1 , jre is not working. I have attempted reinstalling but not succeeded to get rid of the error. Following error I am getting (jvm.dll failed to load: global entrypoints not found) bash-4.2# cd /usr/java6/jre/bin/ bash-4.2# java -version jvm.dll failed to load: global entrypoints... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: George47
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Pam_UNIX_cred: cannot load ttyname Error 0

We received a VM running Solaris 10 After reconfiguring network interfaces to get it on our network, we're getting "pam_unix_cred: cannot load ttyname Error 0" when any accountt ries to log in at the console. I can ssh in just fine. Googling suggests this may have something to do with Trusted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Fresh Install - Boot Load Failed

I have M10-1. Installation OS 10 from cdrom external. Here message from OK Prompt {0} ok probe-scsi-all /pci@8000/pci@4/pci@0/pci@2/pci@0/usb@4,1/cdrom@1 Unit 0 Removable Read Only device HL-DT-STDVDRAM GP65NB60 PF00 But.. {0} ok boot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbahjiman
3 Replies
pam_unix_cred(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros					  pam_unix_cred(5)

NAME
pam_unix_cred - PAM user credential authentication module for UNIX SYNOPSIS
pam_unix_cred.so.1 DESCRIPTION
The pam_unix_cred module implements pam_sm_setcred(3PAM). It provides functions that establish user credential information. It is a module separate from the pam_unix_auth(5) module to allow replacement of the authentication functionality independently from the credential func- tionality. The pam_unix_cred module must always be stacked along with whatever authentication module is used to ensure correct credential setting. Authentication service modules must implement both pam_sm_authenticate() and pam_sm_setcred(). pam_sm_authenticate() in this module always returns PAM_IGNORE. pam_sm_setcred() initializes the user's project, privilege sets and initializes or updates the user's audit context if it hasn't already been initialized. The following flags may be set in the flags field: PAM_ESTABLISH_CRED Initializes the user's project to the project specified in PAM_RESOURCE, or if PAM_RESOURCE is not specified, to PAM_REFRESH_CRED the user's default project. Establishes the user's privilege sets. PAM_REINITIALIZE_CRED If the audit context is not already initialized and auditing is configured, these flags cause the context to be initialized to that of the user specified in PAM_USER and host specified in PAM_RHOST. If PAM_RHOST is not speci- fied, the local host is used. Additionally, if the audit context is already initialized, the PAM_REINITIALIZE_CRED flag merges the current audit context with that of the user specified in PAM_USER. PAM_REINITIALIZE_CRED is useful when a user is assuming a new identity, as with su(1M). PAM_DELETE_CRED This flag has no effect and always returns PAM_SUCCESS. The following options are interpreted: debug Provides syslog(3C) debugging information at the LOG_DEBUG level. nowarn Disables any warning messages. ERRORS
Upon successful completion of pam_sm_setcred(), PAM_SUCCESS is returned. The following error codes are returned upon error: PAM_CRED_UNAVAIL Underlying authentication service cannot retrieve user credentials PAM_CRED_EXPIRED User credentials have expired PAM_USER_UNKNOWN User is unknown to the authentication service PAM_CRED_ERR Failure in setting user credentials PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error PAM_SYSTEM_ERR System error The following values are returned from pam_sm_authenticate(): PAM_IGNORE Ignores this module regardless of the control flag ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT Level |MT-Safe with exceptions | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
su(1M), settaskid(2), libpam(3LIB), getprojent(3PROJECT), pam(3PAM), pam_set_item(3PAM), pam_sm_authenticate(3PAM), syslog(3C), setpro- ject(3PROJECT),pam.conf(4), nsswitch.conf(4), project(4), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5), pam_authtok_get(5), pam_authtok_store(5), pam_dhkeys(5), pam_passwd_auth(5), pam_unix_auth(5), pam_unix_account(5), pam_unix_session(5), privileges(5) NOTES
The interfaces in libpam(3LIB) are MT-Safe only if each thread within the multi-threaded application uses its own PAM handle. If this module is replaced, the audit context and credential may not be correctly configured. SunOS 5.10 29 Jul 2004 pam_unix_cred(5)