Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Date& Time change in linux beyond few days back Post 302241978 by komala on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 10:08:29 PM
Old 09-30-2008
Hi,
I am looking for date change temporarely in a session alone.
When is use TZ=TMP+140 in sunsolaris it was working and able to go back beyond five days, where as same is not working in Linux.
At max i can go beyond 34 hours in Linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Time & Date Command

Hey all, When you run the 'ls -la' command it'll show you the time and dates of all files/directories. Now what I am trying to do is create a script that will tell me what files haven't been used in over the past 1 month and what the time and date is that the files that haven't been accessed in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Backup Date & Time

:confused: I'm not really sure about the default backup date & time in our Unix system and I would like to change it to a convienient time...how do I do that? Please help? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EbeyeJJ
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Temporarily change the date / time

Hi - I'd like to know if it's possible to change the time on a Unix box temporarily, do some stuff, and then set it back to the correct time. I'm testing some code that reads a time (in hours) from a config file, and does something at that time. I want to be able to run regression test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samgdavies
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

About date & time difference

Hello All, I was having a look on threads on the Forum about time calculation but didn't find exactly this issue. For instance, if we have these 2 dates, begin & end : 20100430235830 20100501000200 Is there anyway, awk, ksh, perl to calculate the difference in sec and get for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rany1
6 Replies

6. Programming

DATE & TIme

Can we select the datetime from oracle database in “hhmmssnnnccyymmdd” format ? please help to solve this..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ??

Hello All My Questions About Which Unix & Linux Certifications Names In This Days ? I Mean Red Hat Certifications , Solaris Certifications , IBM Certifications , HP Certifications and BSD Certifications just i need the names of these Certifications and How can i enter to Certifications... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Eng/G.Mohammad
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Time Change for a particular target Zone

Hi Summary: - Script will take 2 arguments - Argument 1: Date/Time value in a particular format - Argument 2: TimeZone value Examples: Argument 1: a. "May 11, 2012 08:00:00 AM" b. "Dec 21, 2012 12:21:12 PM" c. "Oct 2, 2012 05:00:00 PM" Argument 2: a. MT or MST or MDT b. ET c.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change date/time

Hi everybody! I need to perform a task with a script but I have no idea how to do it, I hope someone could help me: - on my linux pc I have many folders with movies, tv shows, toons, ecc. They are shared by a dlna server to my panasonic tv where I can browse and see them. The problem is that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Torquemada
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux froze and got back working 5 days later, no reboot.

Hello my friends, I've come across the weirdest of glitches. I'm running a simple weather monitor (just temperature) on a Raspbeery Pi 3B (Raspbian Linux 4.14.98-v7+). It has a 3G modem that sends out simple packets to my server at home. On june 5th I lost remote access to the device.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: OmahaWiz
1 Replies
ACL_INIT(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					       ACL_INIT(3)

NAME
acl_init -- initialize ACL working storage LIBRARY
Linux Access Control Lists library (libacl, -lacl). SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/acl.h> acl_t acl_init(int count); DESCRIPTION
The acl_init() function allocates and initializes the working storage for an ACL of at least count ACL entries. The ACL created initially contains no ACL entries. A pointer to the working storage is returned. This function may cause memory to be allocated. The caller should free any releasable memory, when the new ACL is no longer required, by calling acl_free(3) with the (void*)acl_t returned by acl_init() as an argument. RETURN VALUE
On success, this function returns a pointer to the working storage. On error, a value of (acl_t)NULL is returned, and errno is set appropri- ately. ERRORS
If any of the following conditions occur, the acl_init() function returns a value of (acl_t)NULL and sets errno to the corresponding value: [EINVAL] The value of count is less than zero. [ENOMEM] The acl_t to be returned requires more memory than is allowed by the hardware or system-imposed memory management con- straints. STANDARDS
IEEE Std 1003.1e draft 17 ("POSIX.1e", abandoned) SEE ALSO
acl_get_file(3), acl_free(3), acl(5) AUTHOR
Derived from the FreeBSD manual pages written by Robert N M Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>, and adapted for Linux by Andreas Gruenbacher <a.gruenbacher@bestbits.at>. Linux ACL March 23, 2002 Linux ACL