Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: puppy linux
Operating Systems Linux puppy linux Post 302241829 by mark54g on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 11:35:17 AM
Old 09-30-2008
Your questions seem odd or vague.

A bootable drive has a bootable image/kernel on it. As long as your firmware can map to it, you can boot from it should it have the proper files.

Puppy linux DOES have drivers for audio. Otherwise it would not be able to play audio. Linux does not work like windows. The drivers can be loaded into memory for generic devices and address them via alsa or something else like it.

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Linux

Puppy Linux

Does anyone have installed Puppy Linux on a formatted hard disk without any partition? I have just gotten the cd iso live but I do not know howto install it permanently. :confused: Someone can help me? Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergio_italy
0 Replies
AUDIOCTL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       AUDIOCTL(1)

NAME
audioctl -- control audio device SYNOPSIS
audioctl [-d device] [-n] -a audioctl [-d device] [-n] name ... audioctl [-d device] [-n] -w name=value ... DESCRIPTION
The audioctl command displays or sets various audio system driver variables. If a list of variables is present on the command line, then audioctl prints the current value of those variables for the specified device. If the -a flag is specified, all variables for the device are printed. If the -w flag is specified audioctl attempts to set the specified variables to the given values. The -d flag can be used to give an alternative audio control device, the default is /dev/audioctl0. The -n flag suppresses printing of the variable name. ENVIRONMENT
AUDIOCTLDEVICE the audio control device to use. FILES
/dev/audio0 audio I/O device (resets on open) /dev/audioctl0 audio control device /dev/sound0 audio I/O device (does not reset on open) EXAMPLES
To set the playing sampling rate to 11025, you can use audioctl -w play.sample_rate=11025 To set all of the play parameters for CD-quality audio, you can use audioctl -w play=44100,2,16,slinear_le Note that many of the variables that can be inspected and changed with audioctl are reset when /dev/audio0 is opened. This can be circum- vented by using /dev/sound0 instead. COMPATIBILITY
The old -f flag is still supported. This support will be removed eventually. SEE ALSO
audioplay(1), audiorecord(1), mixerctl(1), audio(4), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The audioctl command first appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
January 27, 2002 BSD