Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Convert case on specified position of flat file Post 302241723 by ssantoshss on Tuesday 30th of September 2008 04:40:08 AM
Old 09-30-2008
this would work fine on single record...i have 400 million rows on which this should work

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting a flat file based on multiple colums(using character position)

Hi, I have an urgent task here. I am required to sort a flat file based on multiple columns which are based on the character position in that line. I am restricted to use the character position instead of the space and sort +1 +2 etc to do the sorting. I understand that there is a previous... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cucubird
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to convert Flat file to HTML

Hello I need help to convert flat file data to HTML Table format. I am generating everyday Flat file and want to convert into HTML Table format. The format of my file is: version host Total YRS NO APPS PSD 10 Sun 30 2 4 6 7 and flat... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: getdpg
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert at a particular position in flat file

Hi All, I have a flat file with ~ as de-limiter (e.g: aaa~ba a~caa~0~d~e) What I want is check if the 4th character is 0 and replace it with say 4. So now it becomes : aaa~ba a~caa~4~d~e. I have to do this for the whole file, but the delimiter position remains the same, not the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: akdwivedi
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk to convert a flat file to CSV file

Hi , I have a file with contents as below: Contract Cancellation Report UARCNCL LOS CODE DATE REAS TYPE AMOUNT AMOUNT LETTER BY ========= ======= ==== ==== ==== ========= ==== ==== 8174739 7641509 1S NONE CRCD 30-JUN-2008 NPAR N .00 .00 CCAN 8678696 8091709 1S NONE DDEB 30-JUN-2008... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumudha
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert value in a variable from upper case to lower case

Hi, I have a variable $Ctrcd which contains country names in upper case and i want to convert them into lower case. I have tried so many solutions from already existing threads but couldn't get the correct one. Can anybody help me with this..... Thanks a lot.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert upper case to lower case in ascript

I have a package to install and the installation script which does it . The files/directories names in the script are all lower case but the actual package has everything in upper case - file names, directories . I don't want to rename directories and files in the package - it has a lot of them . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vz6zz8
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Convert Upper case to Lower case

Hi All I have a script which extracts values from a Database (A persons name) and puts it into a variable in my script IE: $NAME However the Value in the DB is all in uppercase and contains the users first name and last name EG: > echo $NAME GRAHAM BOYLE > What I need is only the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the position of a field/column in a flat file

Hi, Let say I have a file which has around 400 fields. SampleFile ========= PATIENTID|FACILITY|................|TIME_LAST_VISITED_BY_MD|.....|STATUS| How is it possible to find out which field is TIME_LAST_VISITED_BY_MD?fro example by seeing the above structure we can saw FACILITY... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert specific field to upper case in file

Hi Friends, I have a file1.txt as below I want to convert the date fields in to upper case field3 and field 6 output.txt Plz help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i150371485
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert flat file to csv

Hi I have a file like this: a=1 b=2 c=3 a=4 b=2 d=3 a=3 c=4 How can I change this to csv format a,b,c,d 1,2,3,, 4,2,,3 3,,4,, Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandip_2014
10 Replies
STRCSPN(3)								 1								STRCSPN(3)

strcspn - Find length of initial segment not matching mask

SYNOPSIS
int strcspn (string $str1, string $str2, [int $start], [int $length]) DESCRIPTION
Returns the length of the initial segment of $str1 which does not contain any of the characters in $str2. PARAMETERS
o $str1 - The first string. o $str2 - The second string. o $start - The start position of the string to examine. o $length - The length of the string to examine. RETURN VALUES
Returns the length of the segment as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 strcspn(3) example <?php $a = strcspn('abcd', 'apple'); $b = strcspn('abcd', 'banana'); $c = strcspn('hello', 'l'); $d = strcspn('hello', 'world'); var_dump($a); var_dump($b); var_dump($c); var_dump($d); ?> The above example will output: int(0) int(0) int(2) int(2) NOTES
Note This function is binary-safe. SEE ALSO
strspn(3). PHP Documentation Group STRCSPN(3)