Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users reporting NS-12564 error as ORA-12564 Post 302241481 by vbe on Monday 29th of September 2008 12:42:06 PM
Old 09-29-2008
Maybe...
So here is what is on metalink:

Code:
Applies to:
Oracle Net Services - Version: 10.1 to 10.2.0.4
This problem can occur on any platform.
ORA-12564: reported for connections via connection manager
Symptoms

ORA-12564: TNS:connection refused reported when making a connection using 10g connection manager (cman) and more than 1 hop. For example
Sql*plus ---> cman1 ---> cman2 ---> Database
               Hop 1       Hop 2
Client PC      Node A      Node B      Server
Hops are also known as chaining
Cause
Bug 4570768 10.2 CMAN NOT ABLE DO CONNECTION OVER TWO HOPS - ORA-12564

Solution

Bug is fix in the 10.2.0.4 Patch Set. Patch 6810189
One off patches are available via Patch 4570768

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about error reporting

hi all, i've got a script that takes in what a user enters (multiple entries) and then joins them all together and appends this to a file. what i want to happen now is the terminal should display "record saved" if the save to the file is successful, if it isn't just display the standard unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wazzag
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

KSH to find a ORA error in a log file

Hi: i have writen a script that needs a finishing Pourpouse is to find a particular error in a file after we enter file name and the return msg would describe if >there is a error -> "Contact DBA" if there is no oracle error ->"No ora error found." for the same i have written a script... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: techbravo
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error ORA-06512 while running query in script

1 #!/bin/ksh 2 ################################################################ 3 # Written by Johnson 12/03/2008 4 # Version 1.0 5 # This script executes some SQL to provide Spike Check Report to TNS team. 6 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivanete
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error reporting script

I am very new to unix/linux and am unsure how to do the following tasks within my script 1) append a log file and add a timestamped echo "Error occured" to it, if posibble to print it to file and on screen at the same time would be even better. 2) As my main script will be calling on a couple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shamwick
1 Replies

5. Solaris

maxuprc and maxusers - ORA-27300, ORA-27301, ORA-27302

Hi all, Am intermittently getting the following errors on one of my databases. Errors in file /oracle/HRD/saptrace/background/hrd_psp0_13943.trc: ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:fork failed with status: 12 ORA-27301: OS failure message: Not enough space ORA-27302:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep all ORA errors except one ORA error

Hi - I am trying to grep all "ORA" errors in a log files.I have to grep all ORA errors except one error for example ORA-01653.How can exclude that error in "grep" command? In following "grep" command I want to exclude "ORA-01653" error grep -i ORA alert.log >>/tmp/ora_errors.txt ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
7 Replies

7. HP-UX

ORA-27300 error because of hp ux

Dear All, i am not able to start the 9i oracle database because of the following problems. I log in into unix and then into sqlplus export oracle_sid=SATEST startup nomount i am getting the following errors ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:semget failed with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokpattar
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

ORA-06512 Error in Oracle 10g

HI All , I am using oracle 10g and HP AIX . I am getting the below error while running the package. ORA-29280: invalid directory path ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 41 ORA-06512: at "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 478 ORA-06512: at "DW_APP.PKG_ASS_FVC", line 595 ORA-06512: at line 2 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
4 Replies

9. AIX

How to disable an error reporting ???

Hi A few days ago I attached an usb external disk to a server running AIX, then I removed it without typing any commands. Now, the server can't find the usb device and it keeps reporting the errors every 3 hours, like this 55479D40 0112080017 T H usbms0 ADDITIONAL INFORMATION... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Ora-27603:ora-27626:

Hi, User claim that job is running slow from their end. I DBA found in database the below errors in alert log file. ORA-27603: Cell storage I/O error, I/O failed on disk o/192.168.10.3/RECO_DM01_CD_01_drm01 at offset 13335789568 for data length 1048576 ORA-27626: Exadata error: 2201 (IO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
2 Replies
OCI_SET_CLIENT_IDENTIFIER(3)											      OCI_SET_CLIENT_IDENTIFIER(3)

oci_set_client_identifier - Sets the client identifier

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_client_identifier (resource $connection, string $client_identifier) DESCRIPTION
Sets the client identifier used by various database components to identify lightweight application users who authenticate as the same database user. The client identifier is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The identifier can subsequently be queried, for example with SELECT SYS_CONTEXT('USERENV','CLIENT_IDENTIFIER') FROM DUAL. Database admin- istration views such as V$SESSION will also contain the value. It can be used with DBMS_MONITOR.CLIENT_ID_TRACE_ENABLE for tracing and can also be used for auditing. The value may be retained across page requests that use the same persistent connection. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $client_identifier - User chosen string up to 64 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the client identifier to the application user <?php // Find the application user's login name session_start(); $un = my_validate_session($_SESSION['username']); $c = oci_connect('myschema', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Tell Oracle who that user is oci_set_client_identifier($c, $un); // The next roundtrip to the database will piggyback the identifier $s = oci_parse($c, 'select mydata from mytable'); oci_execute($s); // ... ?> NOTES
Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_action(3), oci_set_client_info(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_CLIENT_IDENTIFIER(3)