Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace control m
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replace control m Post 302241308 by ghostdog74 on Monday 29th of September 2008 04:54:32 AM
Old 09-29-2008
use find and -exec

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace control characters using sed?

How can I use sed to replace a ctrl character such as 'new line' (\0a) to something else? Or any other good command can do this job? Thanks, Hillxy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hillxy
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

New to Control-M

Hi, I am very new to Control-M . If anywone know about the global conditions in Control-M. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oraclenerd
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To replace Control-M in all files in a folder

hi all, I copied set of files from a linux machine to an aix machine but in binary mode copy , ASCII mode copy both leed to control M charecters in most of the files. Any shell script/C script to remove control M charecters in all files in a given directory. Pls reply if you are aware... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: padpa
10 Replies

4. Programming

Revision Control Sw

Hi All, Please let me know any freeware revision control software name and URL. Any response is highly appreciated. OS: Solaris 5.10 Thanks, Naga:cool: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vi Search for text, Replace with <CR> or control character.

Greetings, Using vi, how can I change the following text: -I/myviews/nexus_7400rel/vobs/nexus/platforms/97400/include -I/myviews/nexus_7400rel/vobs/nexus/modules/i2c/7400/include -I/myviews/nexus_7400rel/vobs/nexus/modules/surface/7400/include Into this:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega949
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace any control character in the string

Need to replace any control character in the string in perl ---------- Post updated at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:50 PM ---------- Any help !!! Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hansini
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - replace number of string length from search and replace for a serialized array

Hello, I really would appreciate some help with a bash script for some string manipulation on an SQL dump: I'd like to be able to rename "sites/WHATEVER/files" to "sites/SOMETHINGELSE/files" within the sql dump. This is quite easy with sed: sed -e... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: otrotipo
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Control M (^M) character with new line

Hi All, We are getting an external file in abc.csv format. When opened in excel spread sheet, it is opening alright. But when opened in notepad, I see the contents in a single line. Ftp'd the file in binary mode to AIX UNIX host. When opened, I see Control M (^M) characters in place of New Line... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: njny
16 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk script to extract a column, replace one of the header and replace year(from ddmmyy to yyyy)

I have a csv which has lot of columns . I was looking for an awk script which would extract a column twice. for the first occurance the header and data needs to be intact but for the second occurance i want to replace the header name since it a duplicate and extract year value which is in ddmmyy... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kunalcurious
10 Replies
deb-old(5)							    dpkg suite								deb-old(5)

NAME
deb-old - old style Debian binary package format SYNOPSIS
filename.deb DESCRIPTION
The .deb format is the Debian binary package file format. This manual page describes the old format, used before Debian 0.93. Please see deb(5) for details of the new format. FORMAT
The file is two lines of format information as ASCII text, followed by two concatenated gzipped ustar files. The first line is the format version number padded to 8 digits, and is 0.939000 for all old-format archives. The second line is a decimal string (without leading zeroes) giving the length of the first gzipped tarfile. Each of these lines is terminated with a single newline character. The first tarfile contains the control information, as a series of ordinary files. The file control must be present, as it contains the core control information. In some very old archives, the files in the control tarfile may optionally be in a DEBIAN subdirectory. In that case, the DEBIAN subdirectory will be in the control tarfile too, and the control tarfile will have only files in that directory. Optionally the control tarfile may contain an entry for '.', that is, the current directory. The second gzipped tarfile is the filesystem archive, containing pathnames relative to the root directory of the system to be installed on. The pathnames do not have leading slashes. SEE ALSO
deb(5), dpkg-deb(1), deb-control(5). 1.19.0.5 2018-04-16 deb-old(5)