Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Selecting one file from a list Post 302241063 by yahyaaa on Sunday 28th of September 2008 06:40:46 AM
Old 09-28-2008
Very Helpful and interesting....
Thanks a lot for the efforts

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting records from file on criteria.

Can I have 2 files as in input to the awk command? Situation is somewhat below, File A contains number & value delimited by a space. File B contains number as a part of a line. I am not supposed to retrieve more than 1 number from a line. If number from file B matches with number from... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting each paragraph and put it into a file...help me

Dear Friends, I need a shell script. I am facing a problem while selecting the text that is between start and end tags. and insert the paragraph into a file1, next paragraph in file2...... experts please help. i have a file which contains, -------------- <abc> 111some text some text some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: swamymns
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting Unique Values from many List

I have a question I have like 19 different list which contains the name of the server but what I need is just unique ones. First thing I need to do is just make a unique list within the list itself i.e. delete anything that is repeated inside the list like for example in list1 i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pareshan
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting certain times from a list

Hi all, I have a list of times: ...10:02 15:34 20:05 01:51 06:55 09:00 05:52... That's just part of the list (its huge). How do I go about selecting certain times, e.g. just between 23:00 and 05:00 ?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting Lines on text file

Hi All, I am creating a script that sends log data from text files to a Database and I will like to read sugestions, as I think that there might be better ways to achive this than with my shell script; maybe perl or I don't know, but I will like to read some sugestions. The log is from... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: oconmx
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut a file in two file selecting a row

I all, i've got this file: 163.162.126 MGW1 163.162.126 MGW2 163.162.126 MGW3 163.162.126 MGW4 163.162.135 RNC3 163.162.135.RNC23 163.162.126. HLR Node A 163.162.126.HLR Node B 163.162.126.HLR Cluster 163.162.126.UMSC3 Node A 163.162.126.UMSC3 Node B 163.162.126.UMSC3... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: marimovo
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting lines of a file

Say I wanted to select the 5th line of a file without knowing the context of the file. Would I use grep and pipe it into wc or is there a more simple way of doing this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting files from a list and passing them to a program using csh

I have a list of files, example as shown below n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.002-4x3drw-csq.msf n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.004-4x3drw-csq.msf n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.006-4x3drw-csq.msf n02-z30-dsr65-ndelt0.25-varp0.008-4x3drw-csq.msf... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Selecting the file of latest Date

Hi Folks, I have one query that there is a folder in which daily several logs files are getting created , I reached to that location through putty but what I observer that 10 files of different date are been created with same name , what I need to see is the latest file ...let say the location is ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the file names available on FTP server before selecting the required file

Below is my script code.which shows the environment name and then fetch the file from the ftp server but I am facing one issue.The script should be run in both way.We can pass the arguments with script and select the environment name then file name.Here the issue is I am not able to list the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies
ppmdist(1)						      General Commands Manual							ppmdist(1)

NAME
ppmdist - simplistic grayscale assignment for machine generated, color images SYNOPSIS
ppmdist [-intensity|-frequency] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input, performs a simplistic grayscale assignment intended for use with grayscale or bitmap printers. Often conversion from ppm to pgm will yield an image with contrast too low for good printer output. The program maximizes contrast between the gray levels output. A ppm input of n colors is read, and a pgm of n gray levels is written. The gray levels take on the values 0..n-1, while maxval takes on n-1. The mapping from color to stepped grayscale can be performed in order of input pixel intensity, or input pixel frequency (number of repeti- tions). OPTIONS
-frequency Sort input colors by the number of times a color appears in the input, before mapping to evenly distributed graylevels of output. -intensity Sort input colors by their grayscale intensity, before mapping to evenly distributed graylevels of out- put. This is the default. BUGS
Helpful only for images with a very small number of colors. Perhaps should have been an option to ppmtopgm(1). SEE ALSO
ppmtopgm(1), ppmhist(1), ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1993 by Dan Stromberg. 22 July 1992 ppmdist(1)