Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i invoke SU command in shell script Post 302240671 by vbe on Friday 26th of September 2008 09:50:04 AM
Old 09-26-2008
You should use sudo for this(security...), since it can be configured in a way that user1 can sudo -su user2 without asking a passwd... and use it in scripts
e.g. of sudoers:
opersad ALL=/usr/bin/su - dbasad -c save_*,...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke shell script

hi everybody, i learning unix now only.Can u pls guide me in invoking a shell script.Actually i need to know how to write the command for invoking the shell script.Suppose the shell file name is count , then how i will write the command. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopa_mani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne: How to invoke an alias from within a shell script

Bourne: How to invoke an alias from within a shell script If I type in the alias in the command line, it runs If I insert that same alias into my shell script and run the shell script, the alias is not invoked. Help please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techshots
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to invoke a shell script from xml file.

hi all, forgive me if this question is not relevant to this section. i have a shell file that will automatically deploy the files that are necessary and will compile them. i need to automate this management process through cruise control, for this i need to know whether it is possible for me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to invoke db startup/shutdown

Hi all, I have a shell script which does db shutdown ..the script snippet which does this is as follows: function call_sql_plus { ${SQLPLUS:-sqlplus} -s /nolog <<EOF EXIT; EOF if then echo "Error occurred while calling sqlplus " ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke shell script in cgi script

Hi, I just tried to call a simple shell script from a cgi script writing in c programming.But,it is not working.i will be grateful if anyone can show me the problems going on as i m new to c and oso shell script.Thanks. -Here is my shell script of call the 'pc shut down' system command in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carolline
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to invoke options automatically

i have a script which has 2 options. a b And a has 6 sub options. i want to write a script which will call the parent script and give options automatically. examle: linasplg11:/opt/ss/kk/01.00/bin # startup.sh /opt/ss/rdm/01.00 Please select the component to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya.Gurgaon
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Invoke a shell script on new email in inbox

Hello all, Is there a way I can invoke a shell script when ever a new mail is delivered to my account in solaris? Something like .forward file, instead of forwarding it to another email id, I want the email to be passed onto some shell script. Basically I want to extract the envelop... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke this command after every 10 mins

Hi, I have an command which find the files modified within last 3 days and then after selecting the files from the location it make the tar format and send it to the specified destination ...now I want that this task to be automative ..that is it should happen after every 5 minutes ..plz guide me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neera
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem while Invoke Shell Script function from Java Program

Hi, I have create a Shell Script, with one function. I want to call the script file in Java Program. It working fine. but the problem is the function in the Shell Script is not executed. Please suggest me, Regards, Nanthagopal A (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nanthagopal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke a shell script in case mail with a specific subject is received

Hello fellow forum members, I have a script which returns a date (I can design the script to return the value in email), How can I design the script in AIX to invoke another shell script which performs some set of actions. Procmail doesnt work in AIX. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
4 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)