Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Searching executables datewise Post 302240508 by glamo_2312 on Friday 26th of September 2008 02:09:15 AM
Old 09-26-2008
Lightbulb Searching executables datewise

I want to search executable files after a particular time and date ,
i.e.
in a folder if a file has been accessed,modified or changed after a particular date and time ,then that file should be listed , and current date and time should be stored in a file so that when i again run the script ,it will get the last date and time stored in a file and then list the file only if the timestamp of the file is of after the last date and time stored.

Thanks in advance !! Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cannot create executables

I am trying to install PROFTPD-1.2.7 on a SCO OpenServer 5.0.6 Server with a gcc-2.95.2 installed the VOLS files from http://www.caldera.com/skunkware. The problem I am having is when I try to run ./configure in the proftpd directory I get this error: # ./configure checking build system... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stufine
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tag Release no. to Executables

Hello, I want to give and Release and Version no. in my .so and .exe. I am using Solaris 8 Can i do this by having the value in a variable and then tagging it via a makefile. Or any other way. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies

3. Programming

executables ending with *

Hi All, I m very new to unix. I have a basic doubt .. In unix I m seeing that there is a * at the end of by executable name (exe1*).. Wht is the significance of that Thanks a lot in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binums
2 Replies

4. Programming

Error creating executables

hi, I am getting error when trying to create binaaries for Xerces C++ error is configure:error:installation:cofihuration error:compiler cant create executables ??????????? Thanks in advance im using AIX flavour of IBM Im using ./configure command to create binaries.Its saying c... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan2309
6 Replies

5. Programming

Compare two executables

Hi - I have two complex (for me at least) make files. The older one creates a succesful executable. The later one uses if statements to conditionally make different versions of the executable. The 2nd produces an executable that fails. I have "eyeballed" the differences in the Make files and run... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrighterLater
18 Replies

6. Solaris

C compiler cannot create executables

Hi, I'm trying to compile Apache2.2 (I know it is available as a package) on a fresh install of Solaris Express 11. I've installed gcc-3 and gnu-bintutils via pkg. The config.log is attached (as config.txt). I don't see what I'm missing. Thanks, Doug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Doug_M
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for executables

Hello Unix users, this is my first post here. :) I want to search a directory (and subdirectories) for executable files (files with rwx------ permission) and move them to a different folder. What Unix commands can accomplish this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagan_Radiation
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: Makefile with multiple executables

I am trying to create executables for the following files Currently, I am making 9 different directories for for each. I would like to make 1 directory but everytime I try it does not work. CROSS_COMPILE?= # CROSS_COMPILE used to = arm-arago-linux-gnueabi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bpetersen
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting with executables

Hi everyone, I am working with an executable (let's say work) in bash shell. When I run this work executable it asks the following information; 1- choose task a or b 2- input file 3- output file 4- some operational choices after it reads the given input file, does some algebraic... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
17 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Finding All Pro *C executables

Hi , I want to find all Pro *C executables in a directory say /. When i fire file command on Pro*c file it gives below o/p ELF-64 executable object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64) my system is HP-UX eux012 B.11.23 U 9000/800 151107499 unlimited-user license but when i fire file on a C... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
2 Replies
sttime(3)						    ShapeTools Toolkit Library							 sttime(3)

NAME
stMktime, stWriteTime - date and time handling SYNOPSIS
#include <config.h> #include <sttk.h.h> time_tstMktime (char *string); char*stWriteTime (time_t date); DESCRIPTION
stMktime scans the given string and tries to read a date and time from it. It understands various formats of date strings. The following is a list of all valid formats, optional parts in brackets. [Tue] Jan 5[,] [19]93 This includes the standard asctime(3) format. Jan 5 With no year given, the year defaults to the current year. [19]93/01/05 This notation requires month and day represented by exactly two digits. 5.1.[19]93 This is the usual German notation. 5.1. German notation referencing the current year. A certain time, given together with the date must always have the following form. hours:minutes[:seconds] Each of the fields must be an integer value within the proper range (hours: 0-23, minutes and seconds: 0-59). Values below 10 may be written as one digit numbers. The time value may be placed anywhere in the date string: at the beginning, at the end, or somewhere in the middle. Any amount of white- space may be given between a field of the time value and the separating colon. The time is always considered to be local time. stWriteTime generates a time string similar to asctime(3) from its date argument. SEE ALSO
asctime(3) BUGS
Time Zone Names within the time string (like `MET') are not handled properly. In most cases they will cause a failure. sttk-1.7 Thu Jun 24 17:43:35 1993 sttime(3)