Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Quick egrep / awk help, Please Post 302240281 by Tytalus on Thursday 25th of September 2008 10:29:40 AM
Old 09-25-2008
one way:

Code:
#  paste -d"," - - - - < file
1:7.54,2:4.52,3:3.22,4:2.11
5:3.59,6:4.36,7:6.88,8:12.28
9:13.37,10:15.6,11:17.66,12:14.25

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep/awk/egrep?

Hi, The input file "notifications" contains the following string. FRTP has 149 missing batches I want to search for : FRTP has missing batches As the number 149 is not important and will change. The commands I have tried. grep "FRTP has.*missing batches" notifications.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: whugo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with AWK -- quick question

Ok. I'm just starting to use AWK and I have a question. Here's what I'm trying to do: uname -n returns the following on my box: ftsdt-svsi20.si.sandbox.com I want to pipe this to an AWK statement and make it only print: svsi20 I tried: uname -n | awk '{ FS = "." ; print $1 }' ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Probos
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick help on 'awk' needed...!!

bash-2.05$ A=`cat /etc/group |awk -F':' '{if ($1$3$4 ==... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep/awk/egrep two values for given output?

Dear Friends, I have a command which can result following output. Packet is: /var/adm/yyyy/pkt6043 Intended for network : /vob/repo I would like to retrive pkt6043 and /vob/repo using single command. Blue color test will be always contstant and red color text will be dynamic ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Patterns with egrep/sed/awk?

I have an array with characters, what I want is if there are other characters in the array which I am looking for than take action that is print BAD ARRAY. So far my code just finds characters but instead I want that it should look for other characters. echo "A B C D F" | egrep -o "D | F" O/P... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dixits
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick egrep help

Hi, could someone tell my why this doesn't work? egrep -c '\b\B+\b' file.txt What is the correct way to count all the words in a file? Welcome to the UNIX and Linux Forums. Please use code tags. Video tutorial on how to use them (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meightr
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick awk tip :)

how do i "awk" the date after the from only to compare it on a if statement later . filename example: server1-ips-ultranoob-ok_From_2012_21_12-23:40:23_To_2012_21_12-23:49:45.zip what i want o do is compare only the date from the string in "From_2012_21_12" in this case i only want the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick awk question

gawk 'BEGIN{count=0} /^Jan 5 04:33/,0 && /fail/ && /09x83377/ { count++ } END { print count }' /var/log/syslog what is wrong with this code? i want to search the strings "fail" and "09x83377" from all entries. im grabbing all entries in the log starting from Jan 5 04:33 to the end of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying patterns to egrep or awk

given this information: ^\w{3} {11} -]+ kernel:( \]+\.]+\])? ]+: media error \(bad sector\): status=0x]+ { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }$ ^\w{3} {11} -]+ kernel:( \]+\.]+\])? end_request: I/O error, dev ]+, sector ]+ i need to set up monitoring for these strings. but as you can see, they... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep is used to invoke the grep on compress'ed or gzip'ed files. All options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is speci- fied, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If zgrep is invoked as zegrep or zfgrep then egrep or fgrep is used instead of grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. For example: for sh: GREP=fgrep zgrep string files for csh: (setenv GREP fgrep; zgrep string files) AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), egrep(1), fgrep(1), zdiff(1), zmore(1), znew(1), zforce(1), gzip(1), gzexe(1) ZGREP(1)