Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to iteratively copy *.jar files Post 302239914 by rubin on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 05:48:00 PM
Old 09-24-2008
Code:
find . -name '*.jar' | xargs -i cp -p '{}' /path/to/target_dir

or

Code:
 find . -name '*.jar' -exec cp -p '{}' /path/to/target_dir ';'

man find
man xargs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find a text in jar and zip files.??

Hi, I have classes dir, in that I have jar and zip files, I need to find "Param.class" is in which zip or jar file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Question regarding the .tar and .jar files

1) What is the comamnd in need to use to find the diff between .tar files. 2) when i unzip the tar file i get .jar files.. the question i have here is i need to find only the modified file list from the .jar file does any one have done, please do share .... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gkrishnag
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab not recognizing the jar files

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuutla
0 Replies

4. Linux

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hi All, I am using crontab which execute a shell script. In the shell script, I am executing a java program. This Java program requires the jar files. The cron job file ' cronfile.txt ' contents: MAILTO="raju_utla@dcis.uohyd.ernet.in" 0-59 * * * *... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

6. Programming

JAVA - External JAR files in UNIX

Hi, I have to run my JAVA programs in UNIX server. The java program uses some external jar files for compiling. I have set the classpath to the folder where all the jar files are present using EXPORT classpath command. But when i compile, it shows errors.. saying that the classes relating... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish2712
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Differences between jar files

I want to find the difference between two jar files sitting on a sun box. How do I do this? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get CRC check sum of files in java EAR file without extracting .jar/.war files to disk.?

unzip -v gives CRC info of each file in a zip(in my case .EAR) file. # unzip -v my-application.ear Archive: my-application.ear Length Method Size Cmpr Date Time CRC-32 Name -------- ------ ------- ---- ---------- ----- -------- ---- 197981 Defl:N 183708 7%... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

View all jar files contents in one go ?

I can view a jar file contents using the below command: $ jar -tvf ./checker-compat-qual-2.0.0.jar 0 Mon May 02 18:28:46 IST 2016 META-INF/ 184 Mon May 02 18:28:44 IST 2016 META-INF/MANIFEST.MF 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/ 0 Mon May 02 17:20:16 IST 2016 afu/org/ ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
FASTJAR(1)								GNU								FASTJAR(1)

NAME
jar - archive tool for Java archives SYNOPSIS
jar -ctxu [OPTIONS] [jar-file] [manifest-file] [-C dir] files... DESCRIPTION
"fastjar" is an implementation of Sun's jar utility that comes with the JDK, written entirely in C, and runs in a fraction of the time while being feature compatible. If any file is a directory then it is processed recursively. The manifest file name and the archive file name needs to be specified in the same order the -m and -f flags are specified. OPTIONS
Exactly one of the following actions must be specified: -c Create new archive. -t List table of contents for archive. -x Extract named (or all) files from archive. -u Update existing archive. This option is disabled due to bugs (currently fails with exit status 1 and does nothing). The following parameters are optional: -@ Read the names of the files to add to the archive from stdin. This option is supported only in combination with -c or -u. Non stan- dard option added in the GCC version. -C directory Change to the directory and include the following file. -E Prevent fastjar from reading the content of a directory when specifying one (and instead relying on the provided list of files to popu- late the archive with regard to the directory entry). Non standard option added in the GCC version. -M Do not create a manifest file for the entries. -0 Store only; use no ZIP compression. -V --version Display version information. -f archive Specify archive file name. -m manifest Include manifest information from specified manifest file. -v Generate verbose output on standard output. All remaining options are considered to be names of files. SEE ALSO
gcj(1), gij(1), grepjar(1) and the Info entry for gcj. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.1 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with the Invariant Sections being ``GNU General Public License'', the Front- Cover texts being (a) (see below), and with the Back-Cover Texts being (b) (see below). A copy of the license is included in the man page gfdl(7). gcc-3.2.2 2003-02-25 FASTJAR(1)