Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers How to configure Xterm for UTF-8? Post 302239886 by era on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 03:58:52 PM
Old 09-24-2008
Arial is not really suitable for xterm because it wants a fixed-width font. On "real" X11 you can use xfontsel to find a suitable font; you want one which is fixed width and which uses the iso10646 registry but I don't know if you can find one which actually supports both Russian and Chinese glyphs. See also Marcus Kuhn's UTF8 FAQ at UTF-8 and Unicode FAQ

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

UTF 8 and SED

Collegues I tried to manipulate a UTF 8 data using the following script. cat $1 | sed 's/ലായി$/ലായി LAYI/g' | sed 's/ുടെ/ുടെ UTE/g' | sed 's/യില്*/യില്* YIL/g' But it says that cnot exicute binary file. Any solution. Jaganadh. Linguist (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jaganadh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace UTF-8 characters with tr

Hi, I try to get tr to replace multibytes characters by ascii equivalent. For example "Je vais ŕ l'école" ---> 'Je vais a l'ecole" But my version of tr (5.97) doesn't seem to support multibyte sets. $ locale charmap; echo "Je vais ŕ l'école" | tr éŕ ea UTF-8 Je vais aa l'aacole I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
2 Replies

3. AIX

en_us.utf-8

please someone provide me the link for downloading en_us.utf-8 .....i have an issue with locale for which i need this :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhendu.pyne
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

vi and UTF-8 errors

We just installed icu for UTF-8 compliance on our AIX 5.3 system. While usuing vi on some files we get the following error: ex: 0602-169 Incomplete or invalid multibyte character encountere yte character encountered, conversion failed.ex: 0602-169 Incomplete or invalidb ractersultibyte... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlacasci
0 Replies

5. Programming

strlen for UTF-8

My OS (Debian) and gcc use the UTF-8 locale. This code says that the char size is 1 byte but the size of 'a' is really 4 bytes. int main(void) { setlocale(LC_ALL, "en_US.UTF-8"); printf("Char size: %i\nSize of char 'a': %i\nSize of Euro sign '€': %i\nLength of Euro sign: %i\n",... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyler
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UTF-8 in xterm

I need to use sort, uniq, grep, wc,... and the like to work with lists of words in UTF-8 (the "words" being phonetic transcriptions using the IPA). I have been using Google a lot and I even found at least one previous post on this topic, but it didn't help. I tried following the instructions... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mregine
2 Replies

7. AIX

How to print UTF-8 from AIX (lp)

Hello everyone! I have a problem with printing ru_RU.UTF-8 from AIX using lp command. #locale -a C POSIX RU_RU.UTF-8 RU_RU en_US.8859-15 en_US.ISO8859-1 en_US ru_RU.ISO8859-5 ru_RU #locale LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE=RU_RU.UTF-8 LC_CTYPE=RU_RU.UTF-8 LC_MONETARY="en_US" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: burnAF
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ASCII to UTF-8 conversion

I Am trying to change the file encoding from ASCII to UTF-8 using below command iconv -f ASCII -t UTF-8 <input_file> > <output_file> But the output_file is not actually in UTF-8 format. If I use the file command to check the file encoding it still says ASCII. While converting am not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
5 Replies

9. Linux

Help to Convert file from UNIX UTF-8 to Windows UTF-16

Hi, I have tried to convert a UTF-8 file to windows UTF-16 format file as below from unix machine unix2dos < testing.txt | iconv -f UTF-8 -t UTF-16 > out.txt and i am getting some chinese characters as below which l opened the converted file on windows machine. LANG=en_US.UTF-8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Conversion from ansii to UTF 16

Hi I have a big file which is in ansii . I want to convert it to UTF-16 .Please help me on this as I am stuck at this point in unix . (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: harry00514
8 Replies
Text::PDF::TTFont0(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Text::PDF::TTFont0(3pm)

NAME
Text::PDF::TTFont0 - Inherits from PDF::Dict and represents a TrueType Type 0 font within a PDF file. DESCRIPTION
A font consists of two primary parts in a PDF file: the header and the font descriptor. Whilst two fonts may share font descriptors, they will have their own header dictionaries including encoding and widhth information. INSTANCE VARIABLES
There are no instance variables beyond the variables which directly correspond to entries in the appropriate PDF dictionaries. METHODS
Text::PDF::TTFont->new($parent, $fontfname. $pdfname) Creates a new font resource for the given fontfile. This includes the font descriptor and the font stream. The $pdfname is the name by which this font resource will be known throughout a particular PDF file. All font resources are full PDF objects. out_text($text) Returns the string to be put into a content stream for text to be output in this font. The text is assumed to be UTF8 encoded and the return string is a glyph sequence for the text. If subsetting is enabled, then all the glyphs returned are also marked for output. out_glyphs(@n) Marks the glyphs as being needed in the output font when subsetting. Returns a string to render the glyphs as specified. width($text) Returns the width of the string, assuming it to be UTF8 encoded. outobjdeep($fh, $pdf, %opts) Handles the creation of the font stream including subsetting at this point. So if you get this far, that's it for subsetting. ship_out($pdf) Ship this font out to the given $pdf file context empty Empty the font of as much as possible in order to save memory perl v5.8.8 2006-09-09 Text::PDF::TTFont0(3pm)