Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 0653-421 mksysb errot
Operating Systems AIX 0653-421 mksysb errot Post 302239719 by pernasivam on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 09:52:49 AM
Old 09-24-2008
mksysb

But I am also afraiding yaar. Today night we have a activity. If it is goes wrong?Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

mksysb...

Hi friends.. My one problem is not resolved yet I have another. I am planning to take an OS backup of my p550 using "mksysb". Now i am confussed. suppose I give the command to take the backup into a tape drive and my backup size exceeds the tape capacity.. what will happen? will it ask for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaji_prk
2 Replies

2. AIX

mksysb

I dont have either a tape drive or a DVD Writer attached to the AIX box. Can you let me know the possibilities of making an mksysb in a bootable media? This is required as we have a requirement to upgrade the OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisanto_2000
2 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection."?

"421 service not available, remote server has closed connection." I tried to do ftp to one of the unix server . ftp hostname password It get connects when i do any command it throws error ftp> ls "421 service not available, remote server has closed connection." (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishaldsh
1 Replies

4. AIX

mksysb

Hello everyone I have two questions. I would like to hear your opinions, your tips. I have several box with aix 5.3. the rootvg in each box has mirror. but I have a cron that makes a mksysb every week. Do you think that it the best to have a mksysb of rootvg if I have a mirror on this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
4 Replies

5. AIX

Help with mksysb

Hi All, Working on AIX 4.2 system. On this server there is no tape drive or a DVD Writer attached to the AIX box. I was able to do mksysb, but I got warning message saying it will not be bootable. On the new system, I did install 5.3 and now I need to restore this mksysb image from the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

FTP script failing in middle , Error 421

All, I know this question has been asked , but mine is different scenario I am unsing HP unix, trying to transfer HP-Unix to HP-Unix. I am transfering a bunch of file form machine1 to machine2. when i intiate my FTP script the files are getting transfered from machine1 to machine2.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort: 0653-657 A write error occurred while sorting.

Hi I am trying to sort a file of 88075743B size. I am doing some processing on the file and after the processing is done; I get 2 files temp1 and temp2. I need to combine both these files as one and this final file should be sorted on fields 1 and 2. Space is the delimiter between fields. Record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diksha2207
2 Replies

8. AIX

0653-340 There is not enough memory available now

Hi, I have and IB RS/6000 machine running 32-bit AIX 4.3.3. We have a directory that is NFS mounted to this machine. Whenever I run the "ls" command in this directory, I get the following error: 0653-340 There is not enough memory available now There was originally 512 MB of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amp24
11 Replies
PCAP-SAVEFILE(5)                                                File Formats Manual                                               PCAP-SAVEFILE(5)

NAME
pcap-savefile - libpcap savefile format DESCRIPTION
NOTE: applications and libraries should, if possible, use libpcap to read savefiles, rather than having their own code to read savefiles. If, in the future, a new file format is supported by libpcap, applications and libraries using libpcap to read savefiles will be able to read the new format of savefiles, but applications and libraries using their own code to read savefiles will have to be changed to support the new file format. ``Savefiles'' read and written by libpcap and applications using libpcap start with a per-file header. The format of the per-file header is: +------------------------------+ | Magic number | +--------------+---------------+ |Major version | Minor version | +--------------+---------------+ | Time zone offset | +------------------------------+ | Time stamp accuracy | +------------------------------+ | Snapshot length | +------------------------------+ | Link-layer header type | +------------------------------+ All fields in the per-file header are in the byte order of the host writing the file. The first field in the per-file header is a 4-byte magic number, with the value 0xa1b2c3d4. The magic number, when read by a host with the same byte order as the host that wrote the file, will have the value 0xa1b2c3d4, and, when read by a host with the opposite byte order as the host that wrote the file, will have the value 0xd4c3b2a1. That allows software reading the file to determine whether the byte order of the host that wrote the file is the same as the byte order of the host on which the file is being read, and thus whether the values in the per-file and per-packet headers need to be byte- swapped. Following this are: A 2-byte file format major version number; the current version number is 2. A 2-byte file format minor version number; the current version number is 4. A 4-byte time zone offset; this is always 0. A 4-byte number giving the accuracy of time stamps in the file; this is always 0. A 4-byte number giving the "snapshot length" of the capture; packets longer than the snapshot length are truncated to the snapshot length, so that, if the snapshot length is N, only the first N bytes of a packet longer than N bytes will be saved in the capture. a 4-byte number giving the link-layer header type for packets in the capture; see pcap-linktype(7) for the LINKTYPE_ values that can appear in this field. Following the per-file header are zero or more packets; each packet begins with a per-packet header, which is immediately followed by the raw packet data. The format of the per-packet header is: +---------------------------------------+ | Time stamp, seconds value | +---------------------------------------+ | Time stamp, microseconds value | +---------------------------------------+ | Length of captured packet data | +---------------------------------------+ |Un-truncated length of the packet data | +---------------------------------------+ All fields in the per-packet header are in the byte order of the host writing the file. The per-packet header begins with a time stamp giving the approximate time the packet was captured; the time stamp consists of a 4-byte value, giving the time in seconds since January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 UTC, followed by a 4-byte value, giving the time in microseconds since that second. Following that are a 4-byte value giv- ing the number of bytes of captured data that follow the per-packet header and a 4-byte value giving the number of bytes that would have been present had the packet not been truncated by the snapshot length. The two lengths will be equal if the number of bytes of packet data are less than or equal to the snapshot length. SEE ALSO
pcap(3PCAP), pcap-linktype(7) 21 October 2008 PCAP-SAVEFILE(5)