Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk command with PERL
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk command with PERL Post 302239661 by ghostdog74 on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 07:45:58 AM
Old 09-24-2008
Code:
perl -e '@a=split(/ +/, <>);print $a[0]' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed/perl command to delete specific pattern and content above it...

Hi, Below is my input file: Data: 1 Length: 20 Got result. Data: 2 Length: 30 No result. Data: 3 Length: 20 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: edge_diners
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command in script gives error while same awk command at prompt runs fine: Why?

Hello all, Here is what my bash script does: sums number columns, saves the tot in new column, outputs if tot >= threshold val: > cat getnon0file.sh #!/bin/bash this="getnon0file.sh" USAGE=$this" InFile="xyz.38" Min="0.05" # awk '{sum=0; for(n=2; n<=NF; n++){sum+=$n};... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalys
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to remove duplicate lines with perl,sed,awk

Input: hello hello hello hello monkey donkey hello hello drink dance drink Output should be: hello hello monkey donkey drink dance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cola
9 Replies

4. Programming

Executing a awk command inside perl script --

Hello experts I want to execute a awk command, which reads from txt files and sums the numbers from the first column for those listed only inside a <init> block -- The awk command is like awk '/<\/?init>/{x = !x}x{a++}x && a > 2{sum+=$1}END{printf"%E" "\n", sum} So, I want to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alkass
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of AWK command under perl script

i have two files as shown below t1.txt: argument1 argu2 argu37 t2.txt: 22 33 44 i want o/p as argument1 22 argu2 33 argu37 44 i am trying to merge two file under perl script using following system("paste t1.txt t2.txt | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: roopa
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk in perl with split command

Hi, I have an array with following data. First field shows the owner and second is unique name. Now i have to pic the latest value with respect to the date in case of duplicate. like "def" is from two owners "rahul/vineet", now i want the latest from the two and the owner name also for all the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
9 Replies

7. Programming

Errors in Perl when using awk command

Hi Guys, Hope everyone is fine :) I have this code below: #!/usr/bin/perl $num_of_files=`ls | grep -v remover | wc -l`; $remover=`ls -lrt | grep -v total | grep -v remover | head -1 | awk '{print $8}' | rm \`xargs\``; if ($num_of_files>3) { system ($remover); } When I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert awk command to Perl

Hi all; I have a Perl script that uses this awk command wrapped in a "system" call; it works exactly as I want it; however I want to keep this a Perl script and have very few if any "system" command...so the question; can someone help me code this in Perl please ... i have tried an now I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed/awk/perl command to replace pattern in multiple lines

Hi I know sed and awk has options to give range of line numbers, but I need to replace pattern in specific lines Something like sed -e '1s,14s,26s/pattern/new pattern/' file name Can somebody help me in this.... I am fine with see/awk/perl Thank you in advance (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dani777
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk command in Perl

Hi All, I got some requirement of using Awk in perl subroutine One of the variable in my perl script holds below type of data. I want to split this value as quotes seperated and get the second last field i.e., 3206000 from above. I used below code in my perl sub-routine,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hi.villinda
3 Replies
PAR::Filter(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    PAR::Filter(3)

NAME
PAR::Filter - Input filter for PAR SYNOPSIS
$code = 'use strict; print "Hello, World! ";'; $ref = PAR::Filter->new('PodStrip', 'Bleach')->apply($code); print $code; # pod-stripped and obfuscated code print $$ref; # same thing $ref = PAR::Filter->new('PodStrip', 'Bleach')->apply('file.pl'); print $$ref; # same thing, applied to file.pl DESCRIPTION
Starting with PAR 0.76, "pp -f" takes a filter name, like "Bleach", and invokes this module to transform the programs with PAR::Filter::Bleach. Similarily, "pp -F Bleach" applies the Bleach filter to all included modules. It is possible to pass in multiple such filters, which are applied in turn. The output of each such filter is expected be semantically equivalent to the input, although possibly obfuscated. The default list of filters include: o PAR::Filter::Bleach The archetypical obfuscating filter. o PAR::Filter::Obfuscate Use B::Deobfuscate to strip away indents and comments, as well as mangling variable names. o PAR::Filter::PatchContent Fix PAR-incompatible modules, applied to modules by default. o PAR::Filter::PodStrip Strip away POD sections, applied to modules by default. o PAR::Filter::Bytecode Use B::Bytecode to strip away indents and comments. This filter is deprecated! For source hiding, have a look at PAR::Filter::Crypto instead and make sure to read about its caveats. AUTHORS
Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2003-2009 by Audrey Tang <cpan@audreyt.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.16.2 2012-01-06 PAR::Filter(3)