Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCL/Perl scipting for PF
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting TCL/Perl scipting for PF Post 302239658 by unx_united_1980 on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 07:42:38 AM
Old 09-24-2008
TCL/Perl scipting for PF

Hi All,

I have a PF Firewall running on Freebsd v6.x Now I would like to change and review the config in my rc.conf file via a browser . So my approach here would be:

- make a script , which changes for instance the default route

- have this script built-in a Webpage and have a form field where i can give in the IP address as default gateway and have the script started via a submit button

Now my question is:

- does anyone has a script for me which would accomplish that task?
- which scripting language shall I sue, TCL or Perl for also having this one embedded into my Webpage?

thx for your feedback

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Basic Scipting problem need help for school

How to make this script? 1. Write a portable bash shell script called change_password.bash that will prompt the user for a password. Use a series of if statements to test if: 1. The password is NOT 6 or more characters 2. The password does not contain at least 3 consecutive letters... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3junior
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scipting

Hi There, I am new in UNIX I want to learn shell scripting please advice where should I start from, If anybody tell me how can I install a unix software from my windows XP I will be very greatful. I apprechiate in advance! Zeeshan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zsiddiqui
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL, how to

Does any one know how to capture the output of command called from a TCL script? I cannot figure this out. I've been working on it for 4 hours now :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Perl script in TCL script

Hi, experts, I wonder if anyone can help me up with this. Has been googling and reading several books but still come to no idea how this can be done. Well, it's like this. I have a bundle of codes developed in Perl. I need to do something like this: 1. perl script run using spawn 2. in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dniz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl or Tcl/tk : Which one is better ?

Hi, I am just going to start learning perl, but i have about tcl that it is easy. So , i am confused that whether to go for tcl or perl. I am just learning it as my interest, but still in future which one of these will benefit me. Also please guide me about tk, can we make GUI based applications... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl with arguments in tcl

I have a question on perl/Tcl script execution .... right now i have both perl and Tcl script working individually standalone but i want to integrate the perl script in a Tcl script .... and the perl has the arguments to be passed along with command line execution and this argument is actually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL script in PERL

Hi all, I am trying to run a tcl script in a perl script. Now my problem is when I run the tcl script from the perl script it runs very slowly but when I run the tcl script individually it is running at expected speed. What could be the problem?? Help please!!!! Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirock
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding time to date time in UNIX shell scipting

I needed some help in adding a duration (in seconds) to a start time (in hhmmss format) and a start date (in mmddyy format) in order to get an end date and end time. The concept of a leap year is also to be considered while incrementing the day. The code/ function that I have formed so far is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codehelp04
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Scipting (New); Run multiple greps > multiple files

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums, as you can probably tell... I'm also pretty new to scripting and writing any type of code. I needed to know exactly how I can grep for multiple strings, in files located in one directory, but I need each string to output to a separate file. So I'd... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: LDHB2012
19 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect/tcl (not perl) logging troubles

My logs aren't correct. Im trying to log failure and successes, then use the resulting successes file "seed" to perform another function. Problem is that the log has only a single random entry. Thanks in advance for the help ! !#/usr/bin/expect set count 0 set bcount 0 set fcnb 923... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumguy
0 Replies
GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)

NAME
git-web--browse - Git helper script to launch a web browser SYNOPSIS
git web--browse [OPTIONS] URL/FILE ... DESCRIPTION
This script tries, as much as possible, to display the URLs and FILEs that are passed as arguments, as HTML pages in new tabs on an already opened web browser. The following browsers (or commands) are currently supported: o firefox (this is the default under X Window when not using KDE) o iceweasel o seamonkey o iceape o chromium (also supported as chromium-browser) o google-chrome (also supported as chrome) o konqueror (this is the default under KDE, see Note about konqueror below) o opera o w3m (this is the default outside graphical environments) o elinks o links o lynx o dillo o open (this is the default under Mac OS X GUI) o start (this is the default under MinGW) o cygstart (this is the default under Cygwin) o xdg-open Custom commands may also be specified. OPTIONS
-b <browser>, --browser=<browser> Use the specified browser. It must be in the list of supported browsers. -t <browser>, --tool=<browser> Same as above. -c <conf.var>, --config=<conf.var> CONF.VAR is looked up in the Git config files. If it's set, then its value specifies the browser that should be used. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
CONF.VAR (from -c option) and web.browser The web browser can be specified using a configuration variable passed with the -c (or --config) command-line option, or the web.browser configuration variable if the former is not used. browser.<tool>.path You can explicitly provide a full path to your preferred browser by setting the configuration variable browser.<tool>.path. For example, you can configure the absolute path to firefox by setting browser.firefox.path. Otherwise, git web--browse assumes the tool is available in PATH. browser.<tool>.cmd When the browser, specified by options or configuration variables, is not among the supported ones, then the corresponding browser.<tool>.cmd configuration variable will be looked up. If this variable exists then git web--browse will treat the specified tool as a custom command and will use a shell eval to run the command with the URLs passed as arguments. NOTE ABOUT KONQUEROR
When konqueror is specified by a command-line option or a configuration variable, we launch kfmclient to try to open the HTML man page on an already opened konqueror in a new tab if possible. For consistency, we also try such a trick if browser.konqueror.path is set to something like A_PATH_TO/konqueror. That means we will try to launch A_PATH_TO/kfmclient instead. If you really want to use konqueror, then you can use something like the following: [web] browser = konq [browser "konq"] cmd = A_PATH_TO/konqueror Note about git-config --global Note that these configuration variables should probably be set using the --global flag, for example like this: $ git config --global web.browser firefox as they are probably more user specific than repository specific. See git-config(1) for more information about this. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-WEB--BROWSE(1)