Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers transfering a directory to the toolman Post 302239543 by aama100 on Wednesday 24th of September 2008 02:07:08 AM
Old 09-24-2008
The command that I used to transfer the file is:

Code:
scp assn3 <myUserName>@toolman.wiu.edu:/home

Then it asked me about the password and after entering the password it is saying that the assn3 is not a regular file?! I do not understand what is going on with that.

I used this to find all the files in my subdirectory since all the files starts with letter a

Code:
find a* <name Of My directory>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering a window to another screen

Dear Experts I am using a workstatin with two screens and its OS is solaris 8. I wish to trnsfer some application windows from one screen to another one without need to closing the window and open it from other screen. Please advise Bests Reza (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files

Hi all. 1. How can i copy files from one unix system to another. should i use ftp? so How? 2. How can i create an archive whose extention is tar.gz? and how can i decompress them later? 3. WHat is RPM ? what does it stands for? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbs
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfering files from one server to another.

My oracle database is generating archive logs. I want to copy those archive logs over to backup server on a regular basis. I know how to create an ftp job and I can put it in my crontab. My problem is that I don't know how to send the files just once instead of sends all the files in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alan Bird
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Transfering size between partitions

Below is a list of the file system on my Sun system. How can I transfer more disk space from the "/space" partition to the "/" partition with out rebuilding? / /dev/dsk/c0t0d0 6191949 5736718 393312 94% /proc /proc 0 0 0 0% /dev/fd fd 0 0 0 0% /etc/mntta ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: meyersp
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

transfering files unix to pc

Hi, I'm an intern at a business that just acquired a company that ran off the unix system. They have files on this workstation that they would like to move to a windows XP pro system, but no one (myself included) has enough unix knowledge to know how to do this. It's my understanding that this can... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: intern
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

transfering file from unix to window

Hello Sir/Madam, In my system both unix and windows xp are running, I want to transfer a file from unix to window. Sir, I m new in unix scripting ,So Please help me to solve my problem. Thanking you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nirmal
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ext3 to NTFS - transfering data

Alright so here is my problem: I have an ext3 external hard drive with about 270gb of data that needs to be copied/transferred to a NTFS drive. The NTFS drive has data currently on it...which obviously needs to stay intact. My supervisor mentioned that this problem could be a little tricky so I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: huntreilly25
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp script for transfering files

Hi, I am new to shell scripting,and i was planning to write a script that will FTP files to destination folder. All configuration should be done through a properties files.I was planning that All configuration should be done through a properties files. and finally the output should be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul125
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

transfering kernel image to another system

my server system is low on disk. To install a new kernel I think i shall do the following: 1. compile the kernel on another system. 2. copy bzImage along with config, System.map and of course the laodable module in /lib/modules and transfer them to the server. 3. Now, I can remove the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr_mabuse
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transfering files from one to another machine in different directories

I have to write script in which I have to copy files from different directories on machine A and put them in corresponding directories in machine B. Here machine A remains same per project and machine B keeps on changing. Is there any way through which I can do this using single remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madhurjajoo
1 Replies
list directory(1m)														list directory(1m)

NAME
list directory - Displays a list of all the directories whose names match the specified directory name SYNOPSIS
cdscp list directory directory-name [with attribute-name = attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of a specific directory. The last simple name can contain wildcard characters. The name of a particular attribute. The value of a particular attribute. DESCRIPTION
The list directory command displays a list of all the directories whose names match the specified directory name. The last simple name can contain wildcards. You can use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause to limit output only to directories whose attributes have values equal to the specified values. A space must precede and follow the = (equals sign). Privilege Required You must have read permission to the parent directory. If you use a with attribute-name = attribute-value clause in the command, you also need read or test permission to the selected directories. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command displays the names of all the directories in the /.:/sales directory: cdscp> list directory /.:/sales/* LIST DIRECTORY /.../abc.com/sales AT 1991-10-15-15:43:58 atlanta austin boston chicago ontario ny seattle RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add directory(1m), create directory(1m), delete directory(1m), remove directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) list directory(1m)