Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use refrence values inside sed command Post 302239129 by scorp_rahul23 on Tuesday 23rd of September 2008 02:38:51 AM
Old 09-23-2008
How to use refrence values inside sed command

I am using script

S_db=`grep SRC_DB= ${login_txt} | cut -d= -f2`
T_db=`grep TGT_DB= ${login_txt} | cut -d= -f2`
today=`date +%Y%m%d`
sed 's/
USER_WORK/RAR_WORK_D1/g' < ${my_path}/files/${T_target}_${today}_DDL.txt > ${my_path}/files/temp9

But when I am trying to remove hardcode values using script

S_db=`grep SRC_DB= ${login_txt} | cut -d= -f2`
T_db=`grep TGT_DB= ${login_txt} | cut -d= -f2`
today=`date +%Y%m%d`
sed 's/${S_db}/${T_db}/g' < ${my_path}/files/${T_target}_${today}_DDL.txt > ${my_path}/files/temp9

Its not working, Can u pleast tell why

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

calling external values inside awk command

I have a code as follows awk ' BEGIN{FS=OFS=","} { n=split($3,a1,"~") split($4,a2,"~") split($5,a3,"~") for(i=1;i<=n;i++) { print $1,$2,a1,a2,a3,date } }' file In the above code I need to add current date(date). How is this possible to call an date or a exported value... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sed command ( Replacing a pattern inside a file with a variable value )

Hello, The following sed command is giving error sed: -e expression #1, char 13: unknown option to `s' The sed command is echo "//-----" | sed "s/\/\/---*/$parChk/g" where parChk="//---ee-" How can i print the variable value from sed command ? And is it possible to replace a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sort values inside one column?

Hi, Could someone please help me with this? I have a text file that has fields seperated by comma. The last column in it has multiple values seperated by "|". I need to sort values in the last column seperated by pipe..is there any way I can do this through script? Sample text file - ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sncoupons
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking sum up all values inside the file

Hi, Taking sum up all values inside the file by using the below command: paste -sd+ filenmae | bc Getting some error like "0705-001: building space exceeded on line1 stdin" The original data looks like SPACE SPACE SPACE 0.123 JOBNAME1 SPACE SPACE 20.325 JOBNAME2 SPACE SPACE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NareshN
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command not working inside ksh script but works fine outside

Hi, I am a bit confused ,why would a sed command work fine outside of ksh script but not inside. e.g I want to replace all the characters which end with a value and have space at end of it. so my command for it is : sed -i "s/$SEPARATOR /$SEPARATOR/g" file_name This is working fine in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vital_parsley
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk appending values inside a for loop

Hi i have a 2 files say test1 and test2 with the following data. cat file test test1 i want to append the output from a awk one liner to both the files. for i in cat file;do awk '/ whats happening is its printing the output properly. but not appending the way it showing in print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command inside paramiko python

Hi I am trying to execute a sed command inside paramiko which finds and deletes the particular string from a file But sed command doesnt work inside paramiko python machine=qwe dssh = paramiko.SSHClient() dssh.set_missing_host_key_policy(paramiko.AutoAddPolicy()) try: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace hex values using sed command

File lalo.txt contains: Á I need to replace Á by A using sed command. od -x lalo.txt 0000000 c10a 0000002 sed -e 's/\xc1\x0a/A/g' lalo.txt > lalo2.txt Also tried: sed -e 's/\xc3\x81/A/g' lalo.txt > lalo2.txt Output file lalo2.txt still has Á Unix version: SunOS 5.11 ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrreds
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing sed command inside a bash script

I want to run commands inside a bash script. An example is I want to pass the command in a string as regexp as an argument to the script, then run sed on the bash variable sed.sh regexp sed.sh "-i \"s/<p>//g\"" then call sed "$regexp" $fl (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kangol
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Replacing values inside a file.

Good day guys, I'm having trouble in creating a logic when it comes to replacing the values inside a file. I tried using sed command but it just doesn't work the way I want it to be. Here is what I'm trying to achieve. If my input file contains the values below. NAME++GUEST1 ++GUESS2++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asdfghjkl
3 Replies
merge_fonts(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					      merge_fonts(3alleg4)

NAME
merge_fonts - Merges two fonts into one font. Allegro game programming library. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> FONT *merge_fonts(FONT *f1, FONT *f2) DESCRIPTION
This function merges the character ranges from two fonts and returns a new font containing all characters in the old fonts. In general, you cannot merge fonts of different types (eg, TrueType fonts and bitmapped fonts), but as a special case, this function can promote a mono- chrome bitmapped font to a color font and merge those. Example: FONT *myfont; FONT *myfancy_font; FONT *lower_range; FONT *upper_range; FONT *capitals; FONT *combined_font; FONT *tempfont; ... /* Create a font that contains the capitals from */ /* the fancy font but other characters from myfont */ lower_range = extract_font_range(myfont, -1, 'A'-1); upper_range = extract_font_range(myfont, 'Z'+1, -1); capitals = extract_font_range(myfancy_font, 'A', 'Z'); tempfont = merge_fonts(lower_range, capitals); combined_font = merge_fonts(tempfont, upper_range); /* Clean up temporary fonts */ destroy_font(lower_range); destroy_font(upper_range); destroy_font(capitals); destroy_font(tempfont); RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to the new font or NULL on error. Remember that you are responsible for destroying the font when you are finished with it to avoid memory leaks. SEE ALSO
extract_font_range(3alleg4), is_trans_font(3alleg4), is_color_font(3alleg4), is_mono_font(3alleg4), exfont(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 merge_fonts(3alleg4)