Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to remove an array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to remove an array Post 302238964 by jim mcnamara on Monday 22nd of September 2008 12:24:32 PM
Old 09-22-2008
Code:
unset fruits
# or reset the array to no data
set -A fruits

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove an element from an array in PERL

Hello guys, I have the following question. Consider the following code in PERL for($xeAnumber=0; $xeAnumber<@xeAnumber; $xeAnumber++) { if(@xeAnumber==@final_file) { @final_file=@xeTimeStamp; }... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chriss_58
3 Replies

2. Programming

Creating an array to hold posix thread ids: Only dynamic array works

I am facing a strange error while creating posix threads: Given below are two snippets of code, the first one works whereas the second one gives a garbage value in the output. Snippet 1 This works: -------------- int *threadids; threadids = (int *) malloc (num_threads * sizeof(int)); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmehta
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remove duplicate in array

Hi, I have a list of numbers stored in an array as below. 5 7 10 30 30 40 50 Please advise how could I remove the duplicate value in the array ? Thanks in advance. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rock
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove a defined character on an array variable in a do while statement in ksh

I have a korn shell code here on a while do statement which replace the string stored on an array removing double quotes characters on it but it doesn't work. example record: appointmentDate = "tree" which value should result to tree #!/bin/ksh # Remove " on string records let recordCount=3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryukishin_17
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove an element from array

I need to remove an element from the below array variable TABLENAME. #!/bin/ksh set -A TABLENAME "mirf roxar keke mirs" echo "the array is ${TABLENAME}" If i need to remove say keke and have the final TABLENAME as below, how this could be achieved. Pls throw some light. echo "Modified... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: michaelrozar17
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to remove first 6 lines and last line in a array ---- perl scripting

Hi I have stored a command output in an array like below @a = `xyz`; actually xyz comnad will give the output like this tracker date xxxxxxx xxxxxxx --------------------- 1 a 2 b ---------------------- i have stored the "xyz" output to an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva kumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Remove duplicates during array build

Greetings Experts, Issue: Within awk script, remove the duplicate occurrences that are space (1 single space character) separated Description: I am processing 2 files using awk and during processing, I am building an array and there are duplicates on this; how can I delete the duplicates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicates in C shell Array?

Please help me on this My script name is uniqueArray.csh #!/bin/csh set ARRAY = ( one teo three one three ) set ARRAY = ( $ARRAY one five three five ) How to remove the duplicates in this array ,sort and save those in the same variable or different variable. Thanks in the advance ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies
USORT(3)								 1								  USORT(3)

usort - Sort an array by values using a user-defined comparison function

SYNOPSIS
bool usort (array &$array, callable $value_compare_func) DESCRIPTION
This function will sort an array by its values using a user-supplied comparison function. If the array you wish to sort needs to be sorted by some non-trivial criteria, you should use this function. Note If two members compare as equal, their relative order in the sorted array is undefined. Note This function assigns new keys to the elements in $array. It will remove any existing keys that may have been assigned, rather than just reordering the keys. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $value_compare_func - The comparison function must return an integer less than, equal to, or greater than zero if the first argument is considered to be respectively less than, equal to, or greater than the second. int callback (mixed $a, mixed $b) Caution Returning non-integer values from the comparison function, such as float, will result in an internal cast to integer of the callback's return value. So values such as 0.99 and 0.1 will both be cast to an integer value of 0, which will compare such values as equal. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 usort(3) example <?php function cmp($a, $b) { if ($a == $b) { return 0; } return ($a < $b) ? -1 : 1; } $a = array(3, 2, 5, 6, 1); usort($a, "cmp"); foreach ($a as $key => $value) { echo "$key: $value "; } ?> The above example will output: 0: 1 1: 2 2: 3 3: 5 4: 6 Note Obviously in this trivial case the sort(3) function would be more appropriate. Example #2 usort(3) example using multi-dimensional array <?php function cmp($a, $b) { return strcmp($a["fruit"], $b["fruit"]); } $fruits[0]["fruit"] = "lemons"; $fruits[1]["fruit"] = "apples"; $fruits[2]["fruit"] = "grapes"; usort($fruits, "cmp"); while (list($key, $value) = each($fruits)) { echo "$fruits[$key]: " . $value["fruit"] . " "; } ?> When sorting a multi-dimensional array, $a and $b contain references to the first index of the array. The above example will output: $fruits[0]: apples $fruits[1]: grapes $fruits[2]: lemons Example #3 usort(3) example using a member function of an object <?php class TestObj { var $name; function TestObj($name) { $this->name = $name; } /* This is the static comparing function: */ static function cmp_obj($a, $b) { $al = strtolower($a->name); $bl = strtolower($b->name); if ($al == $bl) { return 0; } return ($al > $bl) ? +1 : -1; } } $a[] = new TestObj("c"); $a[] = new TestObj("b"); $a[] = new TestObj("d"); usort($a, array("TestObj", "cmp_obj")); foreach ($a as $item) { echo $item->name . " "; } ?> The above example will output: b c d Example #4 usort(3) example using a closure to sort a multi-dimensional array <?php $array[0] = array('key_a' => 'z', 'key_b' => 'c'); $array[1] = array('key_a' => 'x', 'key_b' => 'b'); $array[2] = array('key_a' => 'y', 'key_b' => 'a'); function build_sorter($key) { return function ($a, $b) use ($key) { return strnatcmp($a[$key], $b[$key]); }; } usort($array, build_sorter('key_b')); foreach ($array as $item) { echo $item['key_a'] . ', ' . $item['key_b'] . " "; } ?> The above example will output: y, a x, b z, c SEE ALSO
uasort(3), The comparison of array sorting functions. PHP Documentation Group USORT(3)