Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Sorting Difficulties
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sorting Difficulties Post 302238708 by nthamma on Sunday 21st of September 2008 03:02:04 PM
Old 09-21-2008
it sorted the two digit numbers in reversed order which is what I want but instead of sorting the names in alphabetic order, it reversed it as well.

Last edited by nthamma; 09-21-2008 at 04:08 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Simple Network Program Difficulties

I'm trying to write 2 programs, client & server, that communicate with integers, however, all resources I have found on the net assume that you want to send and recieve information as a character array. I don't want to send my integers as characters, I want to send them as ints (casting them to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mistwolf
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

Proxy ARP Difficulties

edited ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheMaskedMan
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting :

Hi .... iam having a file with 20,000 rows and 56 colums. Iam trying to sort a file ....for that iam using 'sort' command. If iam having 3 and 5 key colums etc ... as numerical this 'sort' command will work? what ihave to do ? sample example : E100|0|19940102|1|11111|E003... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyam_sat
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

trying to cope with awk difficulties

The data we are searching is populated in this way: ----IP---------DAY----MONTH----DATE--------TIME---------YEAR 12.3234.34-----Fri------Nov-------15-------18:05:14 GMT---2008 I want the user to be able to search for the data according to month and year. However, I cannot quite figure out... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: amatuer_lee_3
8 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

iSCSI client setup difficulties

I am trying to set up iscsi linux clients and am having some problems. iscsid is running, I can do discovery fine, but adding the iscsi lun I get the following error: iscsiadm -m node -T iqn.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -p y.y.y.y:3260 -l Logging in to iscsid: session already running. iscsiadm: Could not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: humbletech99
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting help

how can i sort the next list just by look at the numbers (ignore letters) example: abc123 dff4f aaa2aa bbbb55555bb output: aaa2aa dff4f abc123 bbbb55555bb (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nirnir26
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Sorting help

i have list of files: Wang De Wong CVPR 09.pdf Yaacob AFGR 99 Second edition.pdf Shimon CVPR 01.pdf Den CCC 97 long one.pdf Ronald De Bour CSPP 04.pdf ..... how can i sort this directory so the output will be in the next format: <year>\t<conference/journal>\t<author list> - t is tab (its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nirnir26
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Difficulties with pam_tally2! :-(

Dear All I have having some trouble with pam_tally2 on RHEL 6.0 which I am getting quite frustrated with and I am sure it is a simple problem. I have the following lines in system-auth and password-auth: - auth required pam_tally2.so onerr=fail file=/var/log/faillog... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gz3xzf
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Facing difficulties to untar a tra.gz file

Hi , I trying to cp a files to one location and trying to untar there,the tar.gz files get copied to the specified location but wont untar. Here is what i did if cp /path/of/the/file.tar.gz /path/to/the/file/file.tar.gz then tar -zxvf /path/to/the/file/file.tar.gz echo "FILE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikatakavi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difficulties in matching left bracket as literal in awk

I need to work with records having #AX in the EXP1 , please see my data sample and my attempt below: $ cat xx 08:30:33 KEY1 (1255) EXP1 VAL:20AX0030006 08:30:33 KEY1 (1255) EXP1 VAL:20AX0030006 08:30:33 KEY1 (1255) EXP1 VAL:20AW0030006 08:30:33 KEY1 (1255) EXP1 VAL:20AW0030006 $ gawk '{... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: migurus
1 Replies
SWAB(3TIFF)															       SWAB(3TIFF)

NAME
TIFFGetBitRevTable, TIFFReverseBits, TIFFSwabShort, TIFFSwabLong, TIFFSwabArrayOfShort, TIFFSwabArrayOfLong - byte- and bit-swapping rou- tines SYNOPSIS
#include <tiffio.h> const unsigned char* TIFFGetBitRevTable(int reversed) void TIFFReverseBits(u_char *data, unsigned long nbytes) void TIFFSwabShort(uint16 *data) void TIFFSwabLong(uint32 *data) void TIFFSwabArrayOfShort(uint16 *data, unsigned long nshorts) void TIFFSwabArrayOfLong(uint32 *data, unsigned long nlongs) DESCRIPTION
The following routines are used by the library to swap 16- and 32-bit data and to reverse the order of bits in bytes. TIFFSwabShort and TIFFSwabLong swap the bytes in a single 16-bit and 32-bit item, respectively. TIFFSwabArrayOfShort and TIFFSwabArrayOf- Long swap the bytes in an array of 16-bit and 32-bit items, respectively. TIFFReverseBits replaces each byte in data with the equivalent bit-reversed value. This operation is performed with a lookup table, which is returned using the TIFFGetBitRevTable function. reversed parameter specifies which table should be returned. Supply 1 if you want bit reversal table. Supply 0 to get the table that do not reverse bit values. It is a lookup table that can be used as an identity function; i.e. TIFFNoBitRevTable[n] == n. DIAGNOSTICS
None. SEE ALSO
libtiff(3TIFF) Libtiff library home page: http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/ libtiff November 04, 2004 SWAB(3TIFF)