Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to define array in Bourne shell , csh & ksh Post 302238485 by ahmad.diab on Saturday 20th of September 2008 08:56:02 AM
Old 09-20-2008
How to define array in Bourne shell , csh & ksh

Dear friends...

Kindly if any one can help me to know the differences in definning & retreiving data from arrays in the sh,csh & ksh.

I always facing problems in this issue.

thanks...Smilie

BR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exactly How can we define "sh ksh csh &bash"

Hi - I m prashant. I m new in UNIX&LINUX world. I want to ask that how can we define the shell in Linux like bash,ksh,csh in Linux. What is the use of these shells. I know there are mny experts on net if you can tell me then please do me this favour and tell me about this topic. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashantsingh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell & Bourne Shell

Hi Guys, My first post and simple one at that .. Really rusty with this shell scripting..\ I have a script called .. j.sh I am calling > j.sh LOG_PATH $BLMBRGDATA/blmbrg.properties where j.sh is grep $1 $2 | cut -d',' -f2 . $BLMBRGDATA is set to a directory path. why do i get :- $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsm66
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to log if the program contains both bourne-shell & pearl scripts

I have a program (say, MyProgram) written in Bourne-shell script, but at some point it calls another script written in pearl, as illustrated below: #!/bin/sh ..... case $x in 1) ConfigSystem1 ( b-shell script) 2) ConfigSystem2 ( pl) 3) ConfigSystem3 (b-shell) .... Then I create... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluemoon1
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calling csh script from ksh shell

hi, I have a csh script, which has setenv X xyz etc My shell is korn Is there some way I can "source" this to have the variables in my current korn shell? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesByars
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh equivalent to >& in csh

In csh I am using >&. What is the equivalent in ksh?? >& - redirect stdout and stderr (csh,tcsh) (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
18 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in Ksh Shell script

hi team, i have a file, which contains only variable and its value param.ksh --------- export A=123 export B=345 export C=567 export D=OPLI export E=OL89PO From shell script, i am invoking this file and use the value of this variable. Now there are 5 variable in above file. Before i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne shell & Korn shell

Could some one tell me the difference btw Bourne shell and the Kshell? Which is more flexible and reliable in terms of portability and efficiency. When i type the following command .. $ echo $SHELL yields me /bin/sh Does this tells me that I am in Bourne shell. If yes, how can i get... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby1015
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop to define variables in KSH

Hi, I am trying to use a database to store configurations in an environment definition scripts to make the configurations easily modifiable. (long story short - it is an easier process to make changes in the db than trying to deploy a file). The values will be stored in the database in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gbala
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append to array within conditional block in ksh/korn shell?

Hi, I have one array created and some values are there in ksh. I want to append some other values to it based on some condition in if statement. #!/bin/ksh echo "---------------------------------------------------" set -A ipaddr_arr $(egrep -v '^#|^::|^$' /etc/hosts |awk '{print $1}'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanzee007
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass C shell array to another C shell script(csh) and shell(sh)

Dear Friends, Please help me on this my script name is send.csh In this i have written the statement like this set args = ( city state country price ) I want to pass this array to another c shell called receiver.csh. and i want to use it in this c shell or how to pass to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
suspend(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        suspend(1)

NAME
suspend - shell built-in function to halt the current shell SYNOPSIS
sh suspend csh suspend ksh suspend DESCRIPTION
sh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). csh Stop the shell in its tracks, much as if it had been sent a stop signal with ^Z. This is most often used to stop shells started by su. ksh Stops the execution of the current shell (but not if it is the login shell). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), kill(1), ksh(1), sh(1), su(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 suspend(1)