Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Odd storage behavior
Operating Systems HP-UX Odd storage behavior Post 302238455 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 20th of September 2008 05:03:16 AM
Old 09-20-2008
Moved to HP UX - this is a good question, maybe it will be seen here.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Odd .sh behavior in script

Hello, I have been working on a what I thought was a fairly simple script for installing a software kit on Linux and Unix I am not new to scripting but am far from being fluent in sh scripting. any assistance would be appreciated. I have an odd bug occuring when executing the script. When... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertmcol
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Odd" behavior exiting shell script

Is it normal behavior for a shell script that terminates to terminate its parent shell when executed with the "." option? For example, if I have the example script (we'll name it ex.sh): #!/bin/sh if then echo "Bye." exit 2 fi And I execute it like this: >./ex.sh It... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DreamWarrior
6 Replies

3. Programming

Odd behavior from GDB while trying to cross-debug an embedded Linux application.

Some background: The application normally runs on an embedded platform. Currently, for development purposes, I have the rootfs located @ /exports and the target is communicating over NFS. That way I can make a change on my local system, save the application @ /exports, and run the altered... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
4 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Odd behavior from passwd.

Hi Folks, Before I go off and start checking I'm just wondering if anyone has seen this behaviour before. # passwd e825390 Changing password for user e825390. New password: Retype new password: Retype new password: passwd: all authentication tokens updated successfully. As you can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies
HYPER-V(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						HYPER-V(4)

NAME
hv_storvsc -- Hyper-V Storage Virtual Service Consumer SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in the system kernel configuration file: device hyperv DESCRIPTION
The hv_storvsc driver implements the virtual store device for FreeBSD guest partitions running on Hyper-V. FreeBSD guest partitions running on Hyper-V do not have direct access to storage devices attached to the Hyper-V server. Although a FreeBSD guest can access storage devices using Hyper-V's full emulation mode, the performance in this mode tends to be unsatisfactory. To counter the above issues, the hv_storvsc driver implements a storage Virtual Service Consumer (VSC) that relays storage requests from the guest partition to the storage Virtual Service Provider (VSP) hosted in the root partition using the high performance data exchange infra- structure provided by hv_vmbus(4) driver. The VSP in the root partition then forwards the storage related requests to the physical storage device. This driver functions by presenting a SCSI HBA interface to the Comman Access Method (CAM) layer. CAM control blocks (CCBs) are converted into VSCSI protocol messages which are delivered to the root partition VSP over the Hyper-V VMBus. SEE ALSO
hv_ata_pci_disengage(4), hv_netvsc(4), hv_utils(4), hv_vmbus(4) HISTORY
Support for hv_storvsc first appeared in FreeBSD 10.0. The driver was developed through a joint effort between Citrix Incorporated, Micro- soft Corporation, and Network Appliance Incorporated. AUTHORS
FreeBSD support for hv_storvsc was first added by Microsoft BSD Integration Services Team <bsdic@microsoft.com>. BSD
September 10, 2013 BSD